No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the (on base) gym today, and I noticed a little poster about "how to improve your health." I expected instant face palms, but it started off okayish:
    • Eat balanced meals, as studies on diets that exclude any macronutrient (they didn't say food group; good for them) have shown to potentially cause problems long term
    • Do strenth training to promote lean mass and lose fat
    • A good diet is composed of 10-15% protein, 20-30% fat, and 60-65% carbohydrate.

WAIT FOR IT...

Oh, my face.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
      In the (on base) gym today, and I noticed a little poster about "how to improve your health." I expected instant face palms, but it started off okayish:
      • Eat balanced meals, as studies on diets that exclude any macronutrient (they didn't say food group; good for them) have shown to potentially cause problems long term
      • Do strenth training to promote lean mass and lose fat
      • A good diet is composed of 10-15% protein, 20-30% fat, and 60-65% carbohydrate.

WAIT FOR IT...

Oh, my face.
      Okay, let's see...

Hypothetical moderately healthy/active woman who can eat 1800 calories and maintain a healthy weight.

10% protein = 180 calories or a whopping 45 grams of protein.

In general, meats have between 5 and 7 grams of protein per oz. Using the best meats (just in terms of protein), that would be about six and a half ounces of meat per day!

I can easily snarf 12 oz of meat in a meal, especially if I don't make a side dish.

Why they'd be recommending that for a population that should be fit is beyond me.

Maybe you could sneak in when it's quiet and change it with a marker.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drock View Post
        On the morning commute one day this week, I heard the radio DJ talking about skinny fat.
        It's a growing trend. Maybe you know someone who may look healthy, but they don't eat many vegetables, or they like to eat steak, and they don't exercise much. They may have a lot of health problems on the inside.
        Damn, that almost sounded good at first--glad to hear someone admit that weight isn't always an indicator of health. But then they act like it never happens to vegans and that steak is the culprit.

Ugh, so close, yet so far.
        My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
        (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
        Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
        (Red Dwarf)

Comment

• Well, all I can say is that whenever my friends "gym talk" they always glare at me when I say "I never go to the gym." I have some friends that go to the gym on a near-daily basis, yet struggle to maintain weight. Could it possibly be all the beer and wheat they consume? Hmmm.
          Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
          Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
          Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
          F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• I actually got a bit angry at my coworkers yesterday.
            We have a new mom in our midst, while she is very much CW as least she eats organic meats, clean veggies etc. only she also eats grains and sweets. but anyway, she is skinny as hell even after having a kid so she has no reason to worry about weight gain.
            Yesterday was her first day back as work and during lunch people around me got started on breast feeding and how food influences what a baby gets. They were all about not eating fat and making sure she kept meat to a minimum and all sorts of things.
            I honestly believe in moderation so not eating 3 big slices of meat every day I'm okay with, however while saying that she wants to eat the best for her child and she was totally not listening to my reasoning while in general fat isn't that bad she stuffed her face with bread and sugary things...!!! it was whole wheat bread so it's healthy...
            My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

• My coworker told me she had a dream about a bunch of people from the office eating out together. I refused to eat anything the restuarant had. In her dream I had said "I don't eat any of this crap."

Guess I'm getting my point across

Comment

• Good job, Stacy!

Whenever we have an office lunch out, everyone knows I won't be eating until I eat the lunch I brought back at the office.

Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                My coworker told me she had a dream about a bunch of people from the office eating out together. I refused to eat anything the restuarant had. In her dream I had said "I don't eat any of this crap."

Guess I'm getting my point across
                My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82833.html

Comment

• That coworker I talked about up there, the one who wants help with her and her husband starting to lift weights:

Me: "Oh, hey--I just worked out and remembered to bring in my notebook so you could get an idea of what I do in the weight room."

Her: [Looks at a long list of days that are basically squats, press, deadlifts, pullups...] "Wait...there's only like three things listed on Monday?"

Me: "Yeah, I was going to do some other stuff, but I was wiped out after that many heavy reps on those three lifts, so I just called it a day. If I feel good and have time afterwards I throw in some more work, but as long as I get those done I'm good."

Her: "What about...like...tricep extensions?"

Me: "I dunno, overhead press and bench seems to take care of those pretty well."

Her: "What about core?"

Me: "Uh...pretty much everything works that. I've got pretty legit abs, and in an average week I do...roughly zero crunches."

Her: "There's only 4 things on Wednesdays?"

Me: "Yeah, that's my light day. Nothing very heavy."

Her: "But...you just kind of do the same thing over and over? How do you get...I dunno, in good shape like that?"

Me: "Well, here [points to squats from a couple months ago] you can see I was squatting 20 pounds less than I did today. So if the weights are getting heavier, you're getting stronger, fitter, more in shape...whatever you want to label it."

Her: "Oh...I don't...OK."

I think she's still resisting this whole "you can just work really hard for 2-3 hours a week and be in great shape" thing.

Comment

• I work for a community interested food distributor. While going through our non-cash donations for the year, I noticed we had donated hot dog buns, chips, and soda to a Juvenile Diabetes fundraiser.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Crosby View Post
                      I work for a community interested food distributor. While going through our non-cash donations for the year, I noticed we had donated hot dog buns, chips, and soda to a Juvenile Diabetes fundraiser.
                      Ha. That reminds me of something I first saw posted on this site (probably this thread): Food Politics The latest in cause marketing: KFC, Pepsi, and diabetes

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                        That coworker I talked about up there, the one who wants help with her and her husband starting to lift weights:

Me: "Oh, hey--I just worked out and remembered to bring in my notebook so you could get an idea of what I do in the weight room."

Her: [Looks at a long list of days that are basically squats, press, deadlifts, pullups...] "Wait...there's only like three things listed on Monday?"

Me: "Yeah, I was going to do some other stuff, but I was wiped out after that many heavy reps on those three lifts, so I just called it a day. If I feel good and have time afterwards I throw in some more work, but as long as I get those done I'm good."

Her: "What about...like...tricep extensions?"

Me: "I dunno, overhead press and bench seems to take care of those pretty well."

Her: "What about core?"

Me: "Uh...pretty much everything works that. I've got pretty legit abs, and in an average week I do...roughly zero crunches."

Her: "There's only 4 things on Wednesdays?"

Me: "Yeah, that's my light day. Nothing very heavy."

Her: "But...you just kind of do the same thing over and over? How do you get...I dunno, in good shape like that?"

Me: "Well, here [points to squats from a couple months ago] you can see I was squatting 20 pounds less than I did today. So if the weights are getting heavier, you're getting stronger, fitter, more in shape...whatever you want to label it."

Her: "Oh...I don't...OK."

I think she's still resisting this whole "you can just work really hard for 2-3 hours a week and be in great shape" thing.
                        Reminds me of my sister. Wanted me to go to the gym with her to get her started. I bring her to the weight room and show her the main lifts she should be doing. Go with her 4-5 times so she can get the hang of it. I leave her to her own. Few weeks later I ask her how she's doing. Tells me she decided to just do the weight machines by going through them all once, and then 20 mins on elliptical. That way she gets a complete workout in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                          Reminds me of my sister. Wanted me to go to the gym with her to get her started. I bring her to the weight room and show her the main lifts she should be doing. Go with her 4-5 times so she can get the hang of it. I leave her to her own. Few weeks later I ask her how she's doing. Tells me she decided to just do the weight machines by going through them all once, and then 20 mins on elliptical. That way she gets a complete workout in.
                          Lol sounds like what they had us do for PT last month.............

Comment

• Kicked out of Planet Fitness for being too toned.
                            https://www.vocativ.com/culture/heal...ess-gym-toned/

I know WE all know that Planet Fitness is a bit of joke, but come on.
                            No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                            -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• That Planet Fatness story gave me a weekend project idea. I'm gonna go into one to "try it out" and do a "sample workout", then rip off my coat to reveal a tank top, then deadlift heavy til they kick me out. I just always wanted to get kicked out of a gym for being too intimidating.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Some of my friends were trying to convince me that carb-heavy foods like cereal and toast are the best things to eat in the morning because they're apparently the only things that give you actual energy and "keep you full". I was the only person not snacking on chocolate and granola bars during this conversation, which was happening during our school's morning break, roughly two hours after everyone had had breakfast.
                                When I finally asked why everyone felt the need to eat at this point in the day they all told me it was because they were hungry.
                                They still don't believe a word I say regarding carbs, grains or fat.

Sometimes I just-

Comment

Working...
                                X