Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by margalott View Post
    This one is so frustrating because it's my mother. She's doing WW and she's pretty successful, which is good. But she mentioned she's trying to not eat red meat too often, as it's got a lot of fat. I explain the importance of fat and she says she gets enough from salad dressing (blue cheese--probably Kraft or something). What!!!

She's a biology teacher, she understands a lot but CW has got such a hold on her! I'm still proud and glad she's losing, maybe later down the road I can get her to drop these processed foods and fear of fat.
    Reminds me of my mom. She is a geology teacher (she has a PhD in geology, actually) and has lost a lot on Weight Watchers. She will eat processed foods, but focus on portions. rather than content. I think what they tell you in the nutrition classes required for all science degrees, "calories in = calories out" is what's driving this. Obviously it is true to some degree and makes scientific sense, but I'd rather eat 9 servings of salad and meat per day than 9 servings of canned food, bread and whatever.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• Oh holy balls? Oh man I am so stealing that.

I was required to go to my sister in laws house warming last night with 30 vegans... there was loads of soy and bread and chocolate and wine and really thin 20 something looking urban cyclist types. Like me, the sil is a year round winter cyclist and so are all of her friends but there was nothing for me to eat, no one to talk to as I am almost 50 and dont speak french real well. People kept offering me cookies and cake and homemade soy pate. There was no fruit or any veggies or anything, man I was glad to get out of there.

At one point someone noticed I was not eating anything and asked if I was ok, I said no I was fine but there was nothing I could eat here so I would wait till I got home. She asked me what I was going to have and in one of those weird moments where it is all too loud and you have to speak up to be heard and as you do, everything falls silent and you boom out, well I boomed out in that moment that I had a nice big steak waiting for me on the counter at home......

You could have heard a pin drop as other than my wife and sil, every head swiveled towards me and every one of those jaws dropped...

Of course to be helpful, my sil then says he is paleo. This did not help but it did get me conversation till I could escape.

One overly thin woman then proceeded to forgive me for being ignorant of the truth and promised to save me and I started laughing.
      Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• soy pate.
        That almost made me weep.

in one of those weird moments where it is all too loud and you have to speak up to be heard and as you do, everything falls silent and you boom out, well I boomed out in that moment that I had a nice big steak waiting for me on the counter at home......

You could have heard a pin drop as other than my wife and sil, every head swiveled towards me and every one of those jaws dropped...
        LOL - I can just picture that.

One overly thin woman then proceeded to forgive me for being ignorant of the truth and promised to save me and I started laughing.
        Warmbear, I always enjoy your posts!
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by margalott View Post
          This one is so frustrating because it's my mother. She's doing WW and she's pretty successful, which is good. But she mentioned she's trying to not eat red meat too often, as it's got a lot of fat. I explain the importance of fat and she says she gets enough from salad dressing (blue cheese--probably Kraft or something). What!!!

She's a biology teacher, she understands a lot but CW has got such a hold on her! I'm still proud and glad she's losing, maybe later down the road I can get her to drop these processed foods and fear of fat.
          See if you can get your hands on an old WW cook book. I found one when I was browsing through cookbooks at the library the other day. And you know what? It was pretty darn close to paleo! Lots of fruits, veggies and meats! I was kinda surprised, one, I didn't know WW was that old, and two how far it has fallen. I guess we can chalk that up to marketing and 100 calorie snack packs.

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post

Me: "Oh holy balls. Forget everything you've ever been told about working out. I'll send you an email with links. Stand by."

Sent via lightsaber
          Oh holy balls, can I get that too? I'm not as brainwashed as she is, I just don't know where to start with it all.
          Last edited by CaveBug; 03-17-2014, 05:28 PM.
          You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
            Oh holy balls? Oh man I am so stealing that.

I was required to go to my sister in laws house warming last night with 30 vegans... there was loads of soy and bread and chocolate and wine and really thin 20 something looking urban cyclist types. Like me, the sil is a year round winter cyclist and so are all of her friends but there was nothing for me to eat, no one to talk to as I am almost 50 and dont speak french real well. People kept offering me cookies and cake and homemade soy pate. There was no fruit or any veggies or anything, man I was glad to get out of there.

At one point someone noticed I was not eating anything and asked if I was ok, I said no I was fine but there was nothing I could eat here so I would wait till I got home. She asked me what I was going to have and in one of those weird moments where it is all too loud and you have to speak up to be heard and as you do, everything falls silent and you boom out, well I boomed out in that moment that I had a nice big steak waiting for me on the counter at home......

Of course to be helpful, my sil then says he is paleo. This did not help but it did get me conversation till I could escape.

As I was reading this I was imagining some crazy kind of step ford bike messengers or the Borg...

Comment

Too funny! btw how does anyone know 30 vegans!?
              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

If my only options were chocolate and wine, yes, I could do that.

Comment

• Oh Montreal is awash with them. They are everywhere, being all moral and environmentally aware with their cruelty free good for the environment fake oil based polymers and food shipped from everywhere at huge costs in oil and poor 3rd world wages so these fools can feel like they are doing something for the world.

My SIL is in fact a food security expert and has worked all around the world helping people gain better access to food and while she is a flexitiarian veg*n dumpster diver she at least understands the true costs of food production and distribution.

All that to say there are a shitload of vegans in Montreal. You cant swing a dead cat over your head without hitting a few which is of course something everyone should experience at least once.
                  Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

Oh Montreal is awash with them. They are everywhere, being all moral and environmentally aware with their cruelty free good for the environment fake oil based polymers and food shipped from everywhere at huge costs in oil and poor 3rd world wages so these fools can feel like they are doing something for the world.

My SIL is in fact a food security expert and has worked all around the world helping people gain better access to food and while she is a flexitiarian veg*n dumpster diver she at least understands the true costs of food production and distribution.

All that to say there are a shitload of vegans in Montreal. You cant swing a dead cat over your head without hitting a few which is of course something everyone should experience at least once.
                    It was a dead tofu cat right??

Comment

Oh Montreal is awash with them. They are everywhere, being all moral and environmentally aware with their cruelty free good for the environment fake oil based polymers and food shipped from everywhere at huge costs in oil and poor 3rd world wages so these fools can feel like they are doing something for the world.

Seattle is full of them, too. It is aggravating. Many vegan restaurants, many vegans preaching animal welfare. I was brought to a fancy vegan restaurant for my birthday one year. It was a nice gesture, but I had ordered only sweet potato fries and wine.

Of course all the vegans I know are fat, so I think those in Montreal must be on to something.
                      Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

F/23/5'9"

Comment

• Not CW just the opposite (the mention of vegan restaurants made it pop into my head)
                        Cultured Caveman in Portland Oregon has a Kickstarter going to open a restaurant!! Their carts will remain open as well. If you have a few $$ (or more!) to spare check it out!!
                        I can't wait!!!!!
                        Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
                        ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Comment

• Originally posted by fillyone View Post
                          Not CW just the opposite (the mention of vegan restaurants made it pop into my head)
                          Cultured Caveman in Portland Oregon has a Kickstarter going to open a restaurant!! Their carts will remain open as well. If you have a few $$ (or more!) to spare check it out!!
                          I can't wait!!!!!
                          Thanks for sharing! Next time I'm in the area I'll have to look it up.

F/23/5'9"

Comment

• Originally posted by fillyone View Post
                            Not CW just the opposite (the mention of vegan restaurants made it pop into my head)
                            I can't wait!!!!!
                            Another reason to love Portland !
                            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                              I've had 5 women I know come up to me or email me in the last 3 weeks to ask me to help them start lifting weights (I'm very pro women lifting, and it shows, I guess). The last one is a coworker who is a former high-level athlete, but who doesn't know anything about weights. She said she and her husband want to lift, because all they do is run and it isn't doing that much for them. Our conversation:

Her: "I just don't want to get all-"

Me: "Stop. Don't say bulky. You're a 110 pound woman. You're not genetically capable of getting bulky, unless you make it your only goal in life and don't mind taking drugs."

Her: "Well, I heard that to tone but not be big I need to do some light weights for high reps, like 20 each set."

Me: "Sweet Jeezabel, no. You need to do something like 3x5, with the heaviest weights you can handle with good form. Bodybuilders do tons of reps."

Her: "And I should use machines to isolate the muscles I want to focus on, instead of weights--"

Me: "Oh holy balls. Forget everything you've ever been told about working out. I'll send you an email with links. Stand by."

Sent via lightsaber
                              I enjoy lifting women as well... Small world.
                              I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
                              SW (Feb 2012): 278
                              SBF: 26% (Scale)
                              CW (Sept 2015): 200
                              CBF: 17% (Scale)

Comment

• On the morning commute one day this week, I heard the radio DJ talking about skinny fat.

It's a growing trend. Maybe you know someone who may look healthy, but they don't eat many vegetables, or they like to eat steak, and they don't exercise much. They may have a lot of health problems on the inside.
                                Ugh. Face, meet palm. I like to eat a lot of vegetables, eat steak whenever I can, and move whenever I can.

Comment

Working...
                                X