Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I have these two friends--they don't know each other--but they keep commenting on my 'food pics' I put on Facebook, about how unhealthy my food supposedly is. I like to snap pictures of meals I made by hand, because I'm proud like that. Anyway, the one friend is vegan, and the other is an anti-GMO person, pro-organic person (which is okay, but she's totally delusional about what's good to eat). Anyway, the vegan always tells me meat is disgusting, and can't imagine why I eat it because it's so bad for my heart health. The organic is always telling me I eat too much dairy and should really go for 'whole grains' or whatever. She says that I should find non-GMO corn, because corn is supposedly good for me.

    The "funny" part of this "CW moment" is that the non-GMO friend is overweight and diabetic. The vegan friend is flat out obese, regardless of slaving away at the gym 5 nights per week. I have half a mind to tell them to eff off and talk to me when they can borrow clothes from me.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

    Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

    26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by kathleen View Post
      The "funny" part of this "CW moment" is that the non-GMO friend is overweight and diabetic. The vegan friend is flat out obese, regardless of slaving away at the gym 5 nights per week. I have half a mind to tell them to eff off and talk to me when they can borrow clothes from me.
      They are both projecting. Obviously they are mad at themselves for not having their own health under control, and the only way they can absolve themselves from their failure is to project that failure onto you.

      Sad, but extremely typical. God bless their little hearts.
      "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by kathleen View Post
        The "funny" part of this "CW moment" is that the non-GMO friend is overweight and diabetic. The vegan friend is flat out obese, regardless of slaving away at the gym 5 nights per week. I have half a mind to tell them to eff off and talk to me when they can borrow clothes from me.
        I'd say you can consolidate that all down into a single response to anything they post about your pics:
        "Let me know when you want to borrow any of my clothes."

        Simple and to the point without being overly aggressive.
        Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
        Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

        "I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
        "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
        "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
        "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug


        Comment


        • Any time someone mentions anything about how I eat or train, I just ask them to choose the time and place for a fight or any other physical challenge. No takers, ever.

          Sent via lightsaber

          Comment


          • I am traveling for work, staying in a motel that serves breakfast and my room has 'fridge and microwave.
            We go out to a steakhouse last night and I have Prime Rib and Roasted Green Beans.
            I asked my teammate who is local if he would eat my left over Prime Rib and when he replied no I said "OK, I'll cut it and the green beans up, take it with me and have it for breakfast with some eggs from the motel"
            The reaction of two of my other teammates was that it sounded nasty.

            It was delicious!!
            Barb - Portland, Oregon

            "Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
            ~ Dr G & Barb ~

            Comment


            • filly one- sounds great.

              Don't you know, "breakfast" has to include some kind of grain? Preferably heart-healthy whole grain. . Ya know, to stoke your metabolism

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Drock View Post
                filly one- sounds great.

                Don't you know, "breakfast" has to include some kind of grain? Preferably heart-healthy whole grain. . Ya know, to stoke your metabolism
                I am sure that is what they will both be eating, and then in a couple hours will go down to the cafeteria for breakfast...again.
                Best news is that I have just enough for breakfast tomorrow!!
                Barb - Portland, Oregon

                "Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
                ~ Dr G & Barb ~

                Comment


                • steak and eggs are awesome.

                  http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                  Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

                  Comment


                  • A friend invited me to grill today, she bought grass fed beef just for me.
                    I asked her yesterday what time and she said any time you want.
                    So I called her this morning and suggested "Dunch" (meal about 3:00 pm) and she said "I can't eat steak at 3:00!!
                    WTH?
                    I can eat steak at any time LOL
                    Barb - Portland, Oregon

                    "Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
                    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

                    Comment


                    • These are all so great!
                      44 F 5'5
                      SW 205.4
                      CW 180.4
                      GW 150

                      Comment


                      • This one is so frustrating because it's my mother. She's doing WW and she's pretty successful, which is good. But she mentioned she's trying to not eat red meat too often, as it's got a lot of fat. I explain the importance of fat and she says she gets enough from salad dressing (blue cheese--probably Kraft or something). What!!!

                        She's a biology teacher, she understands a lot but CW has got such a hold on her! I'm still proud and glad she's losing, maybe later down the road I can get her to drop these processed foods and fear of fat.

                        Comment


                        • Ciabatta bread is bad for you... Because it's high in fat, compared to other bread- said some other NURSE


                          Goal: Feel good, be active!

                          Comment


                          • I've had 5 women I know come up to me or email me in the last 3 weeks to ask me to help them start lifting weights (I'm very pro women lifting, and it shows, I guess). The last one is a coworker who is a former high-level athlete, but who doesn't know anything about weights. She said she and her husband want to lift, because all they do is run and it isn't doing that much for them. Our conversation:

                            Her: "I just don't want to get all-"

                            Me: "Stop. Don't say bulky. You're a 110 pound woman. You're not genetically capable of getting bulky, unless you make it your only goal in life and don't mind taking drugs."

                            Her: "Well, I heard that to tone but not be big I need to do some light weights for high reps, like 20 each set."

                            Me: "Sweet Jeezabel, no. You need to do something like 3x5, with the heaviest weights you can handle with good form. Bodybuilders do tons of reps."

                            Her: "And I should use machines to isolate the muscles I want to focus on, instead of weights--"

                            Me: "Oh holy balls. Forget everything you've ever been told about working out. I'll send you an email with links. Stand by."

                            Sent via lightsaber

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                              I've had 5 women I know come up to me or email me in the last 3 weeks to ask me to help them start lifting weights (I'm very pro women lifting, and it shows, I guess). The last one is a coworker who is a former high-level athlete, but who doesn't know anything about weights. She said she and her husband want to lift, because all they do is run and it isn't doing that much for them. Our conversation:

                              Her: "I just don't want to get all-"

                              Me: "Stop. Don't say bulky. You're a 110 pound woman. You're not genetically capable of getting bulky, unless you make it your only goal in life and don't mind taking drugs."

                              Her: "Well, I heard that to tone but not be big I need to do some light weights for high reps, like 20 each set."

                              Me: "Sweet Jeezabel, no. You need to do something like 3x5, with the heaviest weights you can handle with good form. Bodybuilders do tons of reps."

                              Her: "And I should use machines to isolate the muscles I want to focus on, instead of weights--"

                              Me: "Oh holy balls. Forget everything you've ever been told about working out. I'll send you an email with links. Stand by."

                              Sent via lightsaber
                              SEND MY JOURNAL AN EMAIL WITH LINKS.

                              I'm not gotta be broken forever (I hope!)

                              Comment


                              • My brother just walked in with a pancake, talking about how he's immune to diabetes because he exercises and how healthy he is or something, and when I pointed out that the pancake he was eating wasn't exactly healthy he just looked at me as if I was completely stupid and said, "It has lemon in it."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X