No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks everyone...I will give her the information. She has a tendency to do things to extremes.

It won't last. Soon we will be hearing about her struggles with it.

BACON!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris T View Post
      Thanks everyone...I will give her the information. She has a tendency to do things to extremes.

It won't last. Soon we will be hearing about her struggles with it.

BACON!
      Haha good. The reason I listed Billings is his bio is all about his experiences since the 70s on extreme vegan diets. Perfect.

Comment

• So gave her the information and tried having a conversation with her about it and it blew up.

She thinks I don't support her. She thinks I am judging her. She facebooked about it and has A LOT of supporters. Got heated on facebook when I chimed in about it not being good for her.

She is thinner than me so has it in her head that she is healthier than me. Whatever.

It was a mess, so I am staying out of it with her. Her life. She will learn on her own.
        44 F 5'5
        SW 205.4
        CW 180.4
        GW 150

Comment

So gave her the information and tried having a conversation with her about it and it blew up.

She thinks I don't support her. She thinks I am judging her. She facebooked about it and has A LOT of supporters. Got heated on facebook when I chimed in about it not being good for her.

She is thinner than me so has it in her head that she is healthier than me. Whatever.

It was a mess, so I am staying out of it with her. Her life. She will learn on her own.
          It's funny how we have piles of threads about unsupportive folks, but when someone adopts an unhealthy sacrificial diet, everyone has their back. Eh, I it's like you said and she doesn't stick with things, it's probably for the best. That way, she has to learn for herself what's right, and it'll stick better

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
            It's funny how we have piles of threads about unsupportive folks, but when someone adopts an unhealthy sacrificial diet, everyone has their back. Eh, I it's like you said and she doesn't stick with things, it's probably for the best. That way, she has to learn for herself what's right, and it'll stick better
            The woo of the network of vegan diet and health misinformation out there is strong. To say it is a "conspiracy" is not exaggerating.

Comment

• anyone else find facebook an evil place ?
              seems every story I hear there goes bad.
              (not a member,,, )
              yeah, I know, only bad news makes the news.

Comment

Sister announces today that to better her health she is going 100% vegan.

Another one falling for CW. It will not work for her. Our family genetics doesn't do well on a plant based diet. She is not the first one to try. Whatever.

I tell her that and her response to me is that 'what works for me doesn't necessarily work for others'. Duh....again...whatever.

BACON!
                Somewhere, I posted a success story on here, with pics of me from my vegan days looking fat and old and better pics of me today, a meat eater. Show her those. Maybe she will reconsider.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Facebook can be a terrible place, if you let it be. I love keeping connected with friends and family and it has helped me get reconnected with old friends.

Some people have literally hundreds of 'friends' on there. I now only have 57. Only the close people I want to stay in contact with. This morning I 'unfriended' my sister Jami. She loves drama and stirring it up with her extreme choices and I was tired of the negative it brought out.

Being able to add or subtract 'friends' is a nice advantage.
                  44 F 5'5
                  SW 205.4
                  CW 180.4
                  GW 150

Comment

• I hear ya Kris, I unfriended my own drama llama sister years ago. Now I am often the one causing trouble on FB but I do it by throwing out things I want folks to think about then sit back and watch people loose their fucking minds.

I have been accused of shoving Paleo down peoples throats cause I post stuff about it but these same people will post 25 sugary crap recipes in a row quite gleefully.

screw em.
                    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                      , , , , I am often the one causing trouble on FB but I do it by throwing out things I want folks to think about then sit back and watch people loose their fucking minds.

screw em.

So,
                      you're the guy . . .

Comment

• I had to call the cops cause my idiot brother was posting suicidal ramblings,
                        and his fb buddies called me worried,
                        he stayed overnite at a hospital.
                        it wasn;t funny at that moment,
                        or when I had to print his dumb shit out to prove "we" didn't over react,

gotta giggle at the drama queens though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                          I hear ya Kris, I unfriended my own drama llama sister years ago. Now I am often the one causing trouble on FB but I do it by throwing out things I want folks to think about then sit back and watch people loose their fucking minds.

I have been accused of shoving Paleo down peoples throats cause I post stuff about it but these same people will post 25 sugary crap recipes in a row quite gleefully.

screw em.
                          Ditto! I lived life for too long trying to play nice. Not speaking what I really feel so I don't upset the status quo. Not anymore. I speak my mind. If you don't want ppl to reply to your posts and possibly disagree, don't post it. Ppl tell me I am crazy for eating bacon, heart attack waiting to happen, and cutting out grains, need the fiber crap. I let them post and don't flip. Apparently others can't handle 'not being supported' 100%.

Right now out of my 5 sisters and 1 brother I only have 2 sisters on fb. One is the kind of person who stays neutral and never has a real opinion. The other is my fantastic sister. She doesn't eat like me, but we respect each other and can give ideas and share information without going drama. The other sibs can go sit on the big fat stick they have up their asses and spin!
                          44 F 5'5
                          SW 205.4
                          CW 180.4
                          GW 150

Comment

• Originally posted by neilc11 View Post
                            I had to call the cops cause my idiot brother was posting suicidal ramblings,
                            and his fb buddies called me worried,
                            he stayed overnite at a hospital.
                            it wasn;t funny at that moment,
                            or when I had to print his dumb shit out to prove "we" didn't over react,

gotta giggle at the drama queens though.
                            As someone who spent a lot of her time assisting suicidal people, thank you for not just brushing off your brothers threats as attention seeking or not real. I'm thankful he was still thinking enough to draw attention to his suicidal thoughts whether he was ready for help or not.

Comment

• A moment of hope...

The cashier checking me out says, "Wow, you sure do buy a lot of produce... and nothing is packaged. You must be quite the cook!"

I told her I enjoy cooking. (No need to preach)

She says, "Well, looking at the food you buy, I understand why you look like you and I look like me. I need to cut out the junk those companies package up!"

I laughed and said thanks and that if she wants to feel great, learning about eating whole foods is definitely a good place to start.

I actually find myself getting interviewed on my purchases by cashiers fairly often (maybe a few times a month). Anyone else?

Comment

• Usually when I go through the checkout the cashier doesn't know what most of the produce is and has to ask me. Then they have to look up codes. Either that or I get asked "How do you eat that?" Yesterday my cashier didn't know what plantains, Anaheim peppers, or poblanos were. I thought those were fairly common, but she had no idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X