No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get it too. Though on a smaller scale since it is my two closest friends. The gap is widening
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Comment

• Person 1: "So I always hear how we should eat whole foods, so I decided to learn more. It said the idea is to avoid processed foods, the fewer ingredients in the label the better, nothing you can't pronounce..."

"Person 2: "Yep, that's the idea, eat as close to the source as possible."

Person1: "Well what I find pretty funny is, with that approach, the organic spinach I saw at the store isn't all that healthy like everyone says; it is in a plastic packaging. It has been processed."

O_o

Comment

• You aren't alone, Kris. I watch my DH slowly killing himself with frankenfoods, drinking and getting NO exercise. He complains he doesn't feel good but won't do anything about it.

But I promised to love him for better or worse, so here I am.

Originally posted by Kris T View Post
        I was explaining to hubby about some ingredients in foods he likes, and he asked me not to share that information. He didn't want to hear it. I asked him 'don't you want to know what is in it'? and he said no. He would rather not know and enjoy it.

Broke my heart that he not only doesn't want to join me with living primal, but he seriously would rather stay in the dark about what he is eating so he can continue to enjoy his foods.

For days now I have been dumbfounded at his response. Saddened that he basically just doesn't care about his body and being healthy. He has turned into his parents. He will get older, have more health problems and take pills for them, and pills to counteract the side affects of the first pills and on and on. Just like his parents. I can see his quality of life in the next dozen years and I don't like it.

I get scared that our lives will fall further and further apart. The life I want to lead and the life he wants to lead are no where near similar. He is the best man I have ever known, and I love him more than I can express. This new phase of life scares me.
        My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82833.html

Comment

• Don't let it pull you guys apart... Remember, it's just food. There are far worse things that can end a marriage. And he will probably come around if he wants you to do any cooking of dinner
          Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
          Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
          Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
          F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• Facebook status:
            "The kids got a treat for eating spaghetti"
            the treat is one of those ice cream pops in "frog spit" flavor...

so wait, you're giving them sugar as a treat for eating their carbs? (I haven't met many kids that won't eat spaghetti...)

Comment

• What does frog spit taste like?

Seems like spaghetti would be good tasting reward for eating something tasting like frog spit.
              Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

F/23/5'9"

Comment

• Originally posted by Huarache Gal View Post
                You aren't alone, Kris. I watch my DH slowly killing himself with frankenfoods, drinking and getting NO exercise. He complains he doesn't feel good but won't do anything about it.

But I promised to love him for better or worse, so here I am.
                And my wife.

Comment

• My husband is kind of in the middle. He does at least try to avoid HFCS, so he does read some labels, but I can't get him to give up things like bread and soda, and he likes pasta dishes too much.

I try to compromise with rice noodles.
                  My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
                  (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
                  Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
                  (Red Dwarf)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyborcat View Post
                    I try to compromise with rice noodles.
                    Does he like the rice noodles? I hated them, they're too firm and crumbly for my liking. If he dislikes them too, I wanted to recommend Ancient Grains brand quinoa/corn pasta. My family has eaten it and thought it was whole grain wheat pasta! They won't touch rice noodles.

Comment

• Originally posted by fifer View Post
                      I saw an advertising hoarding today for Flora Buttery.
                      Flora Buttery | Flora product range | Flora UK

I cant find the advert online, it showed a stack of toast and a cartoon child chomping on it and it said something about how you couldn't keep them away from it...

Also it said at the bottom how Sunflower oil naturally contains omega 6, and Flora contains both omega 6 and omega 3 to keep your cholesterol balanced.
                      I saw that Flora ad too. 'Full of natural goodness' they say, and then the little footnote about omega 3 being good for you and sunflower oil naturally containing omega 6

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Liquid Gusto View Post
                        Does he like the rice noodles? I hated them, they're too firm and crumbly for my liking. If he dislikes them too, I wanted to recommend Ancient Grains brand quinoa/corn pasta. My family has eaten it and thought it was whole grain wheat pasta! They won't touch rice noodles.
                        Despite his being so, "I want my white bread and pizza", my husband will eat spaghetti squash spaghetti and skillet lasagna made with zucchini flat noodles.

Little vistories. little victories.
                        The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                        Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                        Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Originally posted by kathleen View Post
                          Don't let it pull you guys apart... Remember, it's just food. There are far worse things that can end a marriage. And he will probably come around if he wants you to do any cooking of dinner
                          I halfway agree with this. At a certain point, it's not just food, though. It does become about health and family in the long run.

My wife isn't as interested as I am, but she does realize that what I eat is much healthier than what she eats, and that I won't accept the kids eating crap.
                          I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
                          SW (Feb 2012): 278
                          SBF: 26% (Scale)
                          CW (Sept 2015): 200
                          CBF: 17% (Scale)

Comment

I like Ancient Grain, too.

Rice noodles are a good compromise, but certain brands taste horrible so you have to find the right kind. What kind of rice noodles have you tried? Trader Joes does very tasty rice noodles in the shape of spaghetti, macaroni and spirals (okay I know these aren't the official names, but who cares?).

The ingredients are literally brown rice, water. Trader Joes also does a quinoa+rice variety (brown rice, quinoa, water.)

Tinkyada brand rice noodles are also a great consistency compared to "real" noodles. They are: brown rice, rice bran, water.

These noodles are a great substitution for the S.O. who will gobble them down with my famous homemade spaghetti sauce. The taste of the noodles doesn't spoil the meal like other 'gluten free' pasta I've tried. The only catch with both of these brand of noodles is you gotta stir them constantly, or they will stick to the bottom of the pan. Yuck. Every other rice noodle I have tried has been not-quite-right consistency-wise, such as the ones they sell in the "Asian" section for the pad Thai and whatever, the ones that come out clear-ish when cooked.
                            Last edited by kathleen; 02-20-2014, 01:20 PM.

F/23/5'9"

Comment

Does he like the rice noodles? I hated them, they're too firm and crumbly for my liking.
                              He likes them, other than the fact that they're more expensive =P I haven't had the problem you describe--if anything they seem to come out too soft, but I probably overcook them since they only need a few minutes.

Originally posted by kathleen View Post
                              Every other rice noodle I have tried has been not-quite-right consistency-wise, such as the ones they sell in the "Asian" section for the pad Thai and whatever, the ones that come out clear-ish when cooked.
                              Actually, those are the ones I use--other than sometimes coming out too soft, I think they're fine.

Originally posted by sires6 View Post
                              Despite his being so, "I want my white bread and pizza", my husband will eat spaghetti squash spaghetti and skillet lasagna made with zucchini flat noodles.
                              I got my husband to try spaghetti squash once--he thought it was okay, but has no desire to try it again. Not even gonna bother with zoodles =P
                              Last edited by Cyborcat; 02-20-2014, 05:04 PM.
                              My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
                              (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
                              Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
                              (Red Dwarf)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyborcat View Post
                                He likes them, other than the fact that they're more expensive =P I haven't had the problem you describe--if anything they seem to come out too soft, but I probably overcook them since they only need a few minutes.

Actually, those are the ones I use--other than sometimes coming out too soft, I think they're fine.

I got my husband to try spaghetti squash once--he thought it was okay, but has no desire to try it again. Not even gonna bother with zoodles =P
                                I heavily salt the zucchini jand let it drain for half an hour OR MORE. Then I rinse, dry and then cook. They are firmer and better that way.
                                The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                                Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                                Pope John Paul II

Comment

Working...
                                X