Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    I'm looking forward to some (not-so-) funny CW moments the next 2 days during a stay in the hospital!
    Good luck. I hope your sense of humour survives the experience!

Comment

• Originally posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
      I'm looking forward to some (not-so-) funny CW moments the next 2 days during a stay in the hospital!
      If they're as good as my recent dealings you'll have soy milk with your weetbix when you're 'grain free'

Comment

• Originally posted by Blacksmith View Post
        Well you know if you put something on lettuce it magically becomes healthy.
        Hehehe.

The whole obsession with vegetables is interesting. It comes from being totally confused on how nutrition works. Being confused, and surrounded by bad science, people come to the false conclusion that everything causes cancer and health problems. The only thing they can think of that can't possibly cause problems -- vegetables!!

And thus the "wisdom" that veggies are somehow the magical solution, even though humans can't calorically survive on veggies, and they don't serve much of purpose other than some vitamins and fiber. I think the whole vegetarian and "plant-based diet" crap also came out of this same frustration, desperation and bad logic.

Comment

• Yeah it's crazy how one minute people praise me for bringing that healthy food to work every Wednesday, because it has all them veggies in it, but tell me how bad it is to put so much salt on it (when they've had a few pieces of bread with bacon for breakfast) and how the cholesterol in eggs is going to kill you *sigh*

And then we have to make a veggie day because that's what's required to be healthy. Just had a look at the "veggie stock" that they've used for a while that lists Salt, MSG, Veggie oil as the main ingredients... and has 1% vegetables in it - wat.
          What to do: Eat real food, enjoy your food, get out into the sun as often as possible, move around, sleep well and early (like before 11 p.m.), have health as your main goal.

You are probably going to fail if you: Restrict carbs or fat or calories, avoid fruit (because sugar derp), punish yourself with diet/exercise, have weight loss as your only goal,....

Comment

• ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1392713647.027497.jpg this is what they call breakfast in hospital: 4 slices of white, glutenfree bread, margarine, jam, some skinny deli-meat, 2 packs od sugar for the coffee.

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1392713735.781038.jpg this is what I had for breakfast paleo banana bread (Civilize Caveman's recipe), real, raw, grassfed butter, black coffee.
            My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
            My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
            Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
            Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Aaandddd this is (glutenfree) lunch in a Belgian hospital:

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1392724126.847502.jpg

Broccolisoup: utterly disgusting! Tastes like ricemeal in hot water.
              Meat: Turkey: too dry to eat. No idea what the 'gravy' is made.off, but it's icky.
              Veggies: celeriac in white sauce: blègh, way to ruin a perfectly good vegetable
              White rice: the only edible thing on the plate, and only because I'm used to eat rice without salt.

There was NO salt whatsoever in any of these things. Oh, and of course the obligatory vanilla jelly. What the f*ck is wrong with fruit???

I just had a small bite to taste, but left it there tot take back. Luckily I had a tupperware with homemade salmon salad (3 hardboiled eggs, 1 can salmon, homemade mayo) in my room's fridge . And I'll be leaving in an hour.

Comment

• We're having our second child next week, and I'm already planning what food to bring to the hospital. It's really obnoxious that a hospital can serve such nutritionally bankrupt food.
                I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
                SW (Feb 2012): 278
                SBF: 26% (Scale)
                CW (Sept 2015): 200
                CBF: 17% (Scale)

Comment

• Well, I was so happy that I went in prepared! How can sick people get better on this kind of...of....'chow'. I can't call this food!

Happy to be home now and enjoying a little square of 80% chocolate with cinnamon, mmmmm!

Comment

• Congratulations on your escape. (I notice a glass of water in both your photos that looks quite promising.)

Comment

• Hubs got sugarfree redbull from Sams. I asked why he drank sugarfree redbull but not diet coke... he said because diet coke tastes awful. I said, "so it's not because there's cancer causing chemicals in it...?" and he said "no, I just don't like the taste of diet coke." Which means sugarfree redbull tastes fine to him, and whether or not he's eating chemicals that could cause cancer.
                      Last edited by Kwaggz; 02-18-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hilary View Post
                        Congratulations on your escape. (I notice a glass of water in both your photos that looks quite promising.)
                        Hes, that's actually the only thing I did have

Comment

• Thanks for those "inspirational" pictures! Motivates me to stay healthy and safe and not go to hospital!

Comment

• I think I've mentioned there are a handful of primal/paleos around my area, but they are few and far between. And half marines. However, yesterday a (CW healthy, though legitimately in shape) marine was trying to tell me and a primal marine how dumb the paleo diet is because we've evolved since Neanderthals and how dangerous gluten free diets are because gluten deficiency can case celiac disease.

Comment

• I was explaining to hubby about some ingredients in foods he likes, and he asked me not to share that information. He didn't want to hear it. I asked him 'don't you want to know what is in it'? and he said no. He would rather not know and enjoy it.

Broke my heart that he not only doesn't want to join me with living primal, but he seriously would rather stay in the dark about what he is eating so he can continue to enjoy his foods.

For days now I have been dumbfounded at his response. Saddened that he basically just doesn't care about his body and being healthy. He has turned into his parents. He will get older, have more health problems and take pills for them, and pills to counteract the side affects of the first pills and on and on. Just like his parents. I can see his quality of life in the next dozen years and I don't like it.

I get scared that our lives will fall further and further apart. The life I want to lead and the life he wants to lead are no where near similar. He is the best man I have ever known, and I love him more than I can express. This new phase of life scares me.
                              44 F 5'5
                              SW 205.4
                              CW 180.4
                              GW 150

Comment

• I so get that. Mine too. And one of my dd's. Dang it... I need to brain transplant them!!!
                                The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                                Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                                Pope John Paul II

Comment

Working...
                                X