Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
    Low fat dressing? Nooooooooo! Nobody should consume low fat dressing. Ever.

BWW isn't so bad, actually... They use lard or suet for frying, iirc... But that's a cw/veg horror. ;-)
    Tallow they use. But only like two of their sauces don't have soybean oil in them.

Those two have cottonseed.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• Originally posted by eig View Post
      Haha! Don't eat the salad, it has too much FAT!
      Danger, danger!
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• I swear to god. We're NEVER going to teach my dad to read labels. What happened yesterday...

Him: Look at these! They were regular five dollars and they were on sale a dollar each! And they're pure pork, you can eat them!

Me: *picks one up* Pork, spices, toasted breadcrumbs - DAD! Breadcrumbs?

Mom: They have a strange definition of 'pure pork'. I guess they mean the pork in it is actually pork?
        Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• The vending machine company checks its machines every once in awhile and takes away the ones that aren't making much money in their territory... ours is apparently one of them, they just took it away today, and it has caused total outrage and amazement that such a staple in the workplace would be taken away and not replaced. Now where will everyone get their breakfast Bugles and after-lunch Cokes!?

I don't remember the last time I bought something from the vending machine, but I remember the last thing I bought was some cookie and it had TBHQ in it. I looked up TBHQ because I didn't know what it was, was promptly horrified and that started leading me to where I am today. So I guess the vending machine did one thing right....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
            I swear to god. We're NEVER going to teach my dad to read labels. What happened yesterday...

Him: Look at these! They were regular five dollars and they were on sale a dollar each! And they're pure pork, you can eat them!

Me: *picks one up* Pork, spices, toasted breadcrumbs - DAD! Breadcrumbs?

Mom: They have a strange definition of 'pure pork'. I guess they mean the pork in it is actually pork?
            I expect that's exactly what they meant. In a hurry once, I bought some cold chicken labelled '100% pure chicken breast' or some such. Presumably meaning that all the chicken in it came from the breast, as it tasted like about 50% sugary plastic and the ingredients list, when I found it, was a mile long.

Comment

• This lady did a 1950s inspired diet and reported how it affected her cholesterol. She switched to eating whole foods, more eggs, cheese, and red meat, more vegetables and fruit, no gluten, only one tablespoon of maple syrup a day, yet she can't figure out how her LDL ("bad") went down so dramatically. It must have been that she ate less of the "worse" kind of meat overall.

(Other than that, I really like her site. Worth checking out for the culinary anthropologically inclined.)
              Last edited by RittenRemedy; 02-14-2014, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• I was sent an invite to like this FB page for a vegetarian thing. Usual rants how meats is going to kill you, but they had this: Taiwanese Vegetarians and Omnivores: Dietary Compos... [PLoS One. 2014] - PubMed - NCBI

Oh NO!!! They don't tell you what the 64 foods tracked and they certainly don't tell you about the consumed sugars and extra-dietary crap these "omnivores" ate.

I hate that.
                The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                Pope John Paul II

Comment

• I saw an advertising hoarding today for Flora Buttery.
                  Flora Buttery | Flora product range | Flora UK

I cant find the advert online, it showed a stack of toast and a cartoon child chomping on it and it said something about how you couldn't keep them away from it...

Also it said at the bottom how Sunflower oil naturally contains omega 6, and Flora contains both omega 6 and omega 3 to keep your cholesterol balanced.

Comment

• Originally posted by sires6 View Post
                    I was sent an invite to like this FB page for a vegetarian thing. Usual rants how meats is going to kill you, but they had this: Taiwanese Vegetarians and Omnivores: Dietary Compos... [PLoS One. 2014] - PubMed - NCBI

Oh NO!!! They don't tell you what the 64 foods tracked and they certainly don't tell you about the consumed sugars and extra-dietary crap these "omnivores" ate.

I hate that.
                    That reminds me of something I saw shared on my FB wall--an article about a restaurant in Africa (I think) that was caught serving meat that came from dead people. I glanced at the comments and found out the hard way that it came from a vegan group. "This wouldn't have happened if they were vegans LOL", etc..

Yeah ... they were laughing about cannibalism.
                    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
                    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
                    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
                    (Red Dwarf)

Comment

• I often bring in meals to work, and usually it's lunch and dinner or a hearty dinner because I work a very long shift. Without fail, whenever I bring in a big salad (with at least 8 ounces of some kind of meat) someone comments on how healthily I eat. It's apparently become a rumor. Yet, whenever I bring a beef stew with tons of carrots, beets, squash or other vegetables, those rumors quickly stop. It's actually really irritating how shallow the American idea of a healthy diet is.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                        I often bring in meals to work, and usually it's lunch and dinner or a hearty dinner because I work a very long shift. Without fail, whenever I bring in a big salad (with at least 8 ounces of some kind of meat) someone comments on how healthily I eat. It's apparently become a rumor. Yet, whenever I bring a beef stew with tons of carrots, beets, squash or other vegetables, those rumors quickly stop. It's actually really irritating how shallow the American idea of a healthy diet is.
                        Haha, interesting.

Yeah salad with beef, and beef stew, are basically the same ingredients. Just a bit more starchy veggies in the stew as opposed to leafy veggies. Yet somehow salad is healthy and stew is "heart attack food". [facepalm]

Comment

• Well you know if you put something on lettuce it magically becomes healthy.
                          I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blacksmith View Post
                            Well you know if you put something on lettuce it magically becomes healthy.
                            Oh, oh. Especially if it's iceberg, 'cause it has so many nutrients!
                            /sarcasm

Comment

• I'm looking forward to some (not-so-) funny CW moments the next 2 days during a stay in the hospital!
                              My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                              My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                              Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                              Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyborcat View Post
                                Yeah ... they were laughing about cannibalism.
                                Only where we are truly rich can we laugh about things that are so horrible. If you lived in a place wehre you had to eke out your existence and didn't have life absolutely handed to you. I always tell people, that the truly hungry and poor can't afford to be "vegetarian" if they get the chance to eat meat, they will... even if they don't know where it's coming from. We can be vegetarian because we can afford to choose our diet... we don't have to fight for it.

They should watch those survival shows... none of those guys in Alaska or survival places are running around killing lettuce and sweet potatoes...
                                The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                                Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                                Pope John Paul II

Comment

Working...
                                X