Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Polecatz View Post
    What a joke. It's a hospital - you know, where people who supposedly know about medical conditions like gluten intolerance work. That breakfast was nutritionally barren anyway. Skimmed milk is pointless and I bet the condiments did not include butter...did you say you had a baby? Aw congratulations MAKE SURE TO AVOID FAT HERES SOME WHITE WATER aka skimmed milk
    It seriously cracked me up! I did have jelly and ice cream prior to having that delivered, so I knew I wouldn't starve, but I'm not sure IF'ing after just giving birth is ideal!! They did serve butter though, I was happy with that!
    Thank you Polecatz, I did and I certainly think there is something in eating mostly primal that has really helped, as DD is already back to birth weight. DF was trying to be considerate the other night, he cut the half inch of fat off my steak. I told him he wasn't having it, that was for me and DD! He was a bit sad

    Comment


    • When I was in the hospital for a week, I had my Mom bring me my own food and the nurses kept it in their fridge!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Liquid Gusto View Post
        Aw, that's cute! What did you guys say?

        I had sautÚd tilapia on my plate, my stepdaughter-to-be had fish sticks. She asked what I was eating.

        I said "fish"

        She said, "Yuck! I don't like fish!" as she chomped into her breaded fish stick.

        I laughed and said, "Oh, really? What is it you are eating?"

        She looked at me like I am slow and said "... fish sticks... with ketchup.... and apple slices... red apples..." It was as if she was looking for the part of the meal I prepared I wasn't understanding. It didn't occur to her what I was getting at.

        I just said "Oh, okay" and kept to myself. She eats such little protein, I'm not going to go ruining fish sticks for her!
        My life! Lol

        Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
        Karin


        Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

        What am I doing? Depends on the day.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          Also, this post is a good excuse to tell Canio that I love the Dave Barry quote.
          Thanks. I like to steal from the best. He's a funny man.

          Comment


          • Posted this in my journal, but I might as well post it here:

            We got our nutrition brief today. Low carb has apparently come to the army. Countdown until they get it wrong...

            Fat doesn't necessarily make you fat, it's what combination of foods you eat.

            In order to burn stored fat (which you've had the exact same fat since you were sixteen), avoid white flour, pancakes, and bread.

            Dinner is the most important meal of the day. An ideal meal would consist of a palm sized piece of chicken breast, a serving of brown rice, and steamed veggies. It's important to eat lightly because you only burn fat during the day. This means your breakfast is super important to get your metabolism started because meal frequency is key. Also, you should never skip meals because four hours without food will shut down your metabolism. You should carry snacks with you just in case.

            Comment


            • I have been primal for six months, lost 10kgs

              My sister is very overweight and I was telling her all about Primal.

              She tried it for a month, lost some weight, felt better, not tired anymore -she was pretty excited about it

              She fell off the wagon a bit. Saw her last night and her words were 'I AM STARVING' I asked her why and she replied 'I am trying this new diet, I haven't eaten all day' - It was nearly 7pm. I seriously could not believe her.

              I gave her a mini lecture, informed her that she was going to lose weight that way yes, but she was going to put all back on when she started to eat 'normal' again. Then I tried reminding her about how she felt when she was eating primal. I also reminded that I was not hungry once in the last 6 months, and lost weight, no calorie counting either

              She was immersed in thought after that

              I hope she was realising I was right, and not thinking to herself that she will just ignore me and carry on doing what she is doing!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                We got our nutrition brief today. Low carb has apparently come to the army. Countdown until they get it wrong...

                Fat doesn't necessarily make you fat, it's what combination of foods you eat.
                Interesting! I don't know what particular meal style the army uses. I'm guessing whatever is put in front of you is your meal? Anyways, I am wondering if they'll now serve less bread/pasta, or, if breakfasts sometimes used to be grains, this will no longer be the case. How did your fellow Army wo/men take in this low carb declaration?

                My great grandpa (99) told me how during his time in the military, he got mustard and bread for dinner and most of the men found that to be great. Look how far we have come. We are now strategically choosing which foods to feed our army for better health rather than just being satisfied with capabilities to provide them any food at all.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by vikyb View Post
                  It seriously cracked me up! I did have jelly and ice cream prior to having that delivered, so I knew I wouldn't starve, but I'm not sure IF'ing after just giving birth is ideal!! They did serve butter though, I was happy with that!
                  Thank you Polecatz, I did and I certainly think there is something in eating mostly primal that has really helped, as DD is already back to birth weight. DF was trying to be considerate the other night, he cut the half inch of fat off my steak. I told him he wasn't having it, that was for me and DD! He was a bit sad
                  I would like to have a baby quite soon (fingers xd) and I'm of the same mind as you with the fat and am already trying to prepare myself by cutting right down on grains and sugar (also love ice cream mm well it's got fat in it ) and eating whole foods. Did they try to push a load of cw onto you whilst preggers? I can imagine it...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Refontai View Post
                    I was talking to my boss about race fueling (he runs marathons, I stick with halfs for fun) and when I commented I don't excessively carb load and dont eat wheat he said that you shouldn't eat wheat at because its bad for your stomach and he avoids it. Mini mental celebration. Then he told me his best pre-race fuel was a grand slam at Denny's with pancakes, toast, an English muffin, and something else.

                    A little probing later, I realize he thinks white bread products are made from something besides wheat. I've seen this a lot on this thread but it never happened to me before! I just shook my head and backed away slowly
                    I love it. Wheat bread is made with wheat and white bread is made with...white?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Polecatz View Post
                      I would like to have a baby quite soon (fingers xd) and I'm of the same mind as you with the fat and am already trying to prepare myself by cutting right down on grains and sugar (also love ice cream mm well it's got fat in it ) and eating whole foods. Did they try to push a load of cw onto you whilst preggers? I can imagine it...
                      Certainly tried, I stood for the gluten intolerance as I do have it and is easily demonstrable, so beyond that I told them what they want to hear. Easy as to do that than try to defend it!
                      Sad part is my youngest sister is 10 weeks placement away fron being a qualified dietitian, she wants me to try gluten now I'm no longer pregnant, since it only came to light whilst being pregnant! Nah thanks, we're doing just fine as is...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by vikyb View Post
                        Certainly tried, I stood for the gluten intolerance as I do have it and is easily demonstrable, so beyond that I told them what they want to hear. Easy as to do that than try to defend it!
                        Sad part is my youngest sister is 10 weeks placement away fron being a qualified dietitian, she wants me to try gluten now I'm no longer pregnant, since it only came to light whilst being pregnant! Nah thanks, we're doing just fine as is...
                        That is sad cos why would anyone want to try gluten-like its a delicacy?! I suppose people think you are missing out. It's a sad time when dietitians are pushing gluten like its actually got any nutritional use at all lol

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Polecatz View Post
                          I would like to have a baby quite soon (fingers xd) and I'm of the same mind as you with the fat and am already trying to prepare myself by cutting right down on grains and sugar (also love ice cream mm well it's got fat in it ) and eating whole foods. Did they try to push a load of cw onto you whilst preggers? I can imagine it...

                          Ice cream is fine... if you are dairy tolerant... as long as you make it yourself, unsweetened, just a pot of thick cream churned and frozen...

                          Comment


                          • Sort of a reverse CW moment. A neighbor came home from work early because she's feeling flu-ish. As soon as she told me, I went to my freezer and got a container of the bison bone broth I made yesterday. I gave it to her, telling her that it would be the healthiest thing she'd eat all day. She said, "Oh I can't..." For a split second, I thought she was referencing something like, "I can't take your food." Then I remembered - she doesn't eat anything she perceives to be sentient. Her protein sources are eggs, dairy, and stupid fish/seafood. Stupid as in you can't teach it anything. I had completely forgotten. I felt like the person who offers a cookie to a paleo/primal person.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                            B*tch-lite

                            Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Polecatz View Post
                              That is sad cos why would anyone want to try gluten-like its a delicacy?! I suppose people think you are missing out. It's a sad time when dietitians are pushing gluten like its actually got any nutritional use at all lol
                              If it's in the croissants from a real French bakery, it IS a delicacy.
                              Out of context quote for the day:

                              Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Liquid Gusto View Post
                                Interesting! I don't know what particular meal style the army uses. I'm guessing whatever is put in front of you is your meal? Anyways, I am wondering if they'll now serve less bread/pasta, or, if breakfasts sometimes used to be grains, this will no longer be the case. How did your fellow Army wo/men take in this low carb declaration?

                                My great grandpa (99) told me how during his time in the military, he got mustard and bread for dinner and most of the men found that to be great. Look how far we have come. We are now strategically choosing which foods to feed our army for better health rather than just being satisfied with capabilities to provide them any food at all.
                                This was just 1-3 sergeants talking after PT, so not a real brief and not endorsed by the army. Just someone trying (gotta give him credit) to be helpful.

                                I doubt anything will change. The military and public school systems are dumping grounds for the surplus corn/soy/cheap processed foods. Maybe someday I'll post the stoplight grading scale (low fat based on the original Keys diet I think, as pancakes are considered acceptable). It's stuff like this that's why I'm pushing for meals acceptable to both CW and "clean" eating. I'd rather have a steamed chicken breast, broccoli and low fat cottage cheese and get my fat elsewhere than a nice roast chicken they went and covered in margarine and veg dripping vegetable oil. (Sounds gross and exaggerated but that's really what we get on a good day.)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X