• Show
Clear All

• "She doesn't eat steak, she eats healthy."

Comment

• Originally posted by liquid gusto View Post
      "she doesn't eat steak, she eats healthy."
      0_0

GIVE ME THE STEAK AND NO ONE GETS HURT.

^that was supposed to be in caps lock cruise control.
      Last edited by RittenRemedy; 12-31-2013, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• **spears steak onto plate**
        With true sincerity: "Oh, that has to be rough on that poor thing. I'm happy what I need to feel healthy includes steak."

Comment

• Originally posted by SidonieR View Post
          I had a sad CW Christmas moment.
          My aunt, who is 69, overweight and sickly, has been impressed by my weightloss and keeps saying that she should "do like" me.
          For Christmas dinner she brought home some pâté/meat spread, saying that she didn't want to have it home for fear of eating too much.
          My mother quipped in: "It's not the bread that makes you fat, it what you spread on it!"
          This, after my losing over 35 pounds on what I call the "butter diet" (a shortcut for my family).
          My aunt added that she would try to cut on meat, pâtés and sausages next year.
          Err, what part of "I lost 35 pounds by cutting out grains and sugar" didn't she get??? Apparently, every word, because her gift to me contained biscuits!
          My family gets confused too. They know meats have fat.... Which in their minds means will make you fat. And then they have bought into the whole "Whole Grains" are good for you thing and corn is a healthy veggie. They just can't get that eating this way produces these great weight loss and healthy results. Let me know if you can figure out how to get through to them!

Em
          "Adapt and Overcome"

Comment

• Not funny moment: yesterday, my dad passionately exclaimed that all fats that solidify at room temperature are bad for you. I kept my mouth shut.
            Depression Lies

Comment

• I was out and about with a friend and we stopped to get lunch at some hippie food joint. The employee was trying to cajole me into tasting some tofustrosity. "It has tofu and soy cheese and *rattles off several veggies.* What could make it any better?" I look him dead in the eye and say "meat and no soy." He looked like I'd shot his grandmother.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• So this holidaze period has been a regular minefield of gluten exposure and I feel awful. Bread stuffing in the turkey that exposed the drippings that was then basted on the turkey... The salad made for me and one other was mixed in the same bowl as everyone else's with home made croutons...... The chocolate fountain which I got the chocolate for was mixed with canola oil 50 50 so it would flow better. aarrrrggghhhh. Someone ate all the gluten free coconut macaroons before I knew they were out. they were on the marked plate.

last night at my moms place she was complaining that my sister was being ridiculous about complaining she had been exposed. My sis is a huge drama lama and likely quite insane but she gets as sick as I do from gluten. Mom claims she was careful just like she was last night for me but there was more bread stuffing, flour in the gravy flour in the dessert and flour in the sides. One spoon to work them all.....

I was careful, but how can you explain to people who dont get it? now I am sitting here in pain for the next few days and I need to figure out how to explain this to my mom, I dont know how much longer I will have them and want to see them.
                Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                  I was careful, but how can you explain to people who dont get it? now I am sitting here in pain for the next few days and I need to figure out how to explain this to my mom, I dont know how much longer I will have them and want to see them.
                  I used to get this all the time with my food issues. Sulfites (wine) and sodium nitrite (processed meats) both give me a migraine for 3 days. And I had a lot of people that would "show me" that it was all in my mind by marinating in wine or making a sauce with it and not telling me. The alcohol cooks out anyway, right? Except my issue was never with the alcohol portion.

If at all possible, I would do the whole "brave soldier" thing the next day and let them see me, no makeup and squinting in the light, just so they could see the pain I was dealing with. That's when I would often get the admission of "Oh, we just thought you were making it up and put some wine in the sauce. Sorry." And they rarely made that mistake again.

Keep in mind, I'm not against people cooking with wine or throwing bacon into the recipe. I have no problem just avoiding those foods. It's not a big deal. I'm just against people saying it isn't there when I ask or including it on purpose because they think I'm making it up and want to prove me wrong.
                  Durp.

Comment

• The best revenge...

Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                    I would call your mom and say, "I am so ill after that meal, I can't eat at another family meal if you all are going to put that stuff in there and not tell me, I will be forced to make my own or not eat at all. I am so ill from getting that in my diet, you have to help me, mom."
                    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                    Pope John Paul II

Comment

• yeah no. Mom would just be upset but she would not understand why or how to fix it.
                      Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                        So this holidaze period has been a regular minefield of gluten exposure and I feel awful. Bread stuffing in the turkey that exposed the drippings that was then basted on the turkey... The salad made for me and one other was mixed in the same bowl as everyone else's with home made croutons...... The chocolate fountain which I got the chocolate for was mixed with canola oil 50 50 so it would flow better. aarrrrggghhhh. Someone ate all the gluten free coconut macaroons before I knew they were out. they were on the marked plate.

last night at my moms place she was complaining that my sister was being ridiculous about complaining she had been exposed. My sis is a huge drama lama and likely quite insane but she gets as sick as I do from gluten. Mom claims she was careful just like she was last night for me but there was more bread stuffing, flour in the gravy flour in the dessert and flour in the sides. One spoon to work them all.....

If they don't get it, then take and make your own food. The victim thing is annoying. The thought of banishing your family over food is worse.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Two ladies behind me at the market, reading the label on a package of something.

1 "Even though it advertizes made with turbinado sugar', that's way down in the ingredients list, and cane sugar is up at the top."

2 "At least it is organic sugar."

1 "But it is still sugar." I give her a mental thumbs up until...she continues: "At least turbinado sugar has the healthy molasses stuff in it."

I restrained myself from saying "But it is STILL sugar."

But I wanted to!!!!

Comment

• Diet, Health and the Wisdom of Crowds - YouTube

Diet, Health and the Wisdom of Crowds with Tom Naughton. He did Fathead. This is a new speech. I'm watching it now on Youtube.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                              I was out and about with a friend and we stopped to get lunch at some hippie food joint. The employee was trying to cajole me into tasting some tofustrosity. "It has tofu and soy cheese and *rattles off several veggies.* What could make it any better?" I look him dead in the eye and say "meat and no soy." He looked like I'd shot his grandmother.
                              7000 pointz. Shamelessly.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                                I used to get this all the time with my food issues. Sulfites (wine) and sodium nitrite (processed meats) both give me a migraine for 3 days. And I had a lot of people that would "show me" that it was all in my mind by marinating in wine or making a sauce with it and not telling me. The alcohol cooks out anyway, right? Except my issue was never with the alcohol portion.

If at all possible, I would do the whole "brave soldier" thing the next day and let them see me, no makeup and squinting in the light, just so they could see the pain I was dealing with. That's when I would often get the admission of "Oh, we just thought you were making it up and put some wine in the sauce. Sorry." And they rarely made that mistake again.

Keep in mind, I'm not against people cooking with wine or throwing bacon into the recipe. I have no problem just avoiding those foods. It's not a big deal. I'm just against people saying it isn't there when I ask or including it on purpose because they think I'm making it up and want to prove me wrong.
                                .___________________________0

I have NOTHING intelligent to say to these folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X