No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was at the health food store today stocking up on meat and heavy cream. Literally, my basket was 2 quarts of cream, 1.5 lbs of lamb,steak, fish and bacon. Plus a bottle of kombucha.

The check out guy said, "you look so familiar, you go to Lunas a lot, right?". Luna's is a raw vegan restaurant. Ummmm, no. Then it got all awkward because I was all "Oh hell no, I love MeAt! I'd never eat raw vegan food". He told me he worked there.... and I was all... ummm well "juice is good at times". Then he admitted he was moving away from vegan, and that the food there wasn't filling.

No fucking way! Raw vegan food? Not filling hahahaha.

My other conversation was in the meat section where I told the butcher about the 5oz steaks my mom got me; I have to eat them 2 at a time. He asked me if I was married,LOl!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
      Luna's is a raw vegan restaurant.
      This is probably my lack of sophistication talking but doesn't one usually go to a restaurant for cooked food? Isn't raw vegan food essentially a salad?

Comment

• This is probably my lack of sophistication talking but doesn't one usually go to a restaurant for cooked food? Isn't raw vegan food essentially a salad?
        It's more like salad reconfigured into heartier food.... Here is an example:
        LUNASAGNA
        Layers of tender, crisp zucchini noodles, sun‐dried tomato sauce and mushrooms. This dish gets rave
        reviews for its velvety, vegan cashew‐basil cheese made in house.
        Served with a local green salad – 12
        My coworker had this one day for lunch and immediately after eating it, asked me if I had anything for her to eat.

Comment

It's more like salad reconfigured into heartier food.... Here is an example:
          Hmm...they almost make shredded zuchini, uncooked tomato sauce, mushrooms, and fake cheese sound good. Almost.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            Hmm...they almost make shredded zuchini, uncooked tomato sauce, mushrooms, and fake cheese sound good. Almost.
            Are you being facetious?

Comment

Are you being facetious?
              I try not to be words I can't spell, but really, I am trying not to call vegans stupid. This is difficult given the fact that this restaurant is still in business selling uncooked vegetables. That said, I do admire the balls of the person writing the menu. "So Joe, basically we have some zuchini, some tomatoes and some fake cheese..." "Oh, you mean, Layers of tender, crisp zucchini noodles, sun‐dried tomato sauce and mushrooms with vegan cashew‐basil cheese made in house?" Pure balls.

edit: To be fair, I should not call vegans stupid. Anyone who would pay for the above fits the bill. Being a vegan is not required.

Comment

• Oh, even the guy that works there commented "You'd think for what we charge, that food would be filling".
                LOL.
                As a side for a steak, probably not so bad.

Comment

As a side for a steak, probably not so bad.
                  Agreed. That said, I wonder what their kitchen staff is called. Line cook probably doesn't work when the food is not cooked.

Comment

Agreed. That said, I wonder what their kitchen staff is called. Line cook probably doesn't work when the food is not cooked.
                    Line assembler?
                    42 yrs, 5'11", heaviest weight 205, current 165 and feel amazing!

Comment

Is there some rule I am missing that says vegan food cannot be cooked?
                      Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
                      Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
                      "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
                      "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
                      "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

• Originally posted by jwm2k3 View Post
                        Line assembler?
                        That works. Then they can put "Assembly Line Worker" on a resume...could probably unionize.

Originally posted by PBNewby View Post
                        Is there some rule I am missing that says vegan food cannot be cooked?
                        Magnolia stated it was raw vegan. Raw to me says not cooked. So in other cases no, but in this case yes.

Comment

That works. Then they can put "Assembly Line Worker" on a resume...could probably unionize.

Magnolia stated it was raw vegan. Raw to me says not cooked. So in other cases no, but in this case yes.
                          Ahh, thank you! Reading this thread on my phone, easy to miss the fine points such as that one!
                          Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
                          Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
                          "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
                          "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
                          "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

• MemeCenter_1387732580158_161.jpg
                            Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

• Feel so sorry for raw vegans. Who would choose that?

Comment

• I had a friend that went raw vegan for a time. We were both bringing salads to work. Mine was in essentially a giant mixing bowl with a lid. Hers was in a little tupperware container that not even my chicken would have fit in. Mine had greens, 'cado, bacon, chicken, tomato, carrot, cuke, and half the fridge in it. Hers had lettuce, tomato, carrot, and some sort of raw nut "for the protein."
                                Guess whose salad the guys were drooling over.
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X