Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Christmas Troll Treat Challenge

My unit is having a competition for the best food brought to the Christmas party with the first place prize being a four day pass. I considered trying, but then my friends and I got talking about how it seems real food made with passion and care is always beaten by something from a can in these types of situations. So we had a wonderful, awful idea.

We are going to make a Christmas abomination and use our coworkers as guinea pigs in the name of food science. What I need from you is inspiration. What is the most ridiculous treat in your old SAD arsenal? The more cans and boxes involved, the better.

Comment

• No bake Banana Caramel Twinkie Cake
      ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1386809651.716730.jpg
      http://fullbellies.blogspot.com/2007...-cake.html?m=1
      The recipe involves bananas, but I'm sure you could substitute instant banana-flavored pudding. And I love that this website is geared toward feeding families with kids.
      And this is via Pinterest. I cooked from scratch, even when I made sugar bombs.

Comment

• Here ya go:

Kevin and Miranda - Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie 'n Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar

Ingredients: "All you need is a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe (using a little less flour than you normally would), some double stuffed Oreos, a family-sized brownie mix for a 913 pan, and some hot fudge chocolate topping for good measure. I like to add a little of this to a store-bought brownie mix for extra fudgy brownies."

Ultimate-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-n-Oreo-Fudge-Brownie-Bar-09.jpg
        Durp.

Comment

• Damn my stomach hurts just looking at it

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Canned chili + cream cheese heated together in a microwave served with triangular corn chips. Easiest thing I ever made that everyone "loved." Add hot sauce for the "foodies." heh

The dip recipe on the back of the Knorr Vegetable soup mix package served in a scooped out round loaf of bread. Almost as easy as the canned chili thing; always totally gone at the end of any get-together.

Though I never tried it, my first husband claimed he'd made the no-apple apple pie from the back of the Ritz Crackers box and it was pretty good.

Almost any dried soup (or canned clams) + sour cream + cream cheese dip served with any cracker or chip.

Not completely horrible, but it can be if you try: tiny meatballs (stretch that ground beef with lots of bread crumbs) served with whatever disgusting condiment you can find on the bottom shelf of the grocery store as a dipping sauce. (Dipping sauce = disgusting condiment + hot sauce and/or sugar.) Get really fancy and put a toothpick in each one.

I never brought the sweet stuff.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Then there is always Velveeta cheese and a small can of green chilies... melt the cheese, mix the chilies, pour into a bowl, and presto cheese dip with a bit o zip

Comment

• OMG Joanie, I might have to make a trio. Here I was thinking Nutella stuffed croissants... These are way better/worse.

Comment

• Nutella spread on Oreos with a marshmallow on top! Drizzle on chocolate for the foodies

It makes it easy to stick to primal when there's crap like this around!

Comment

• Anything involving sweet chilli sauce is vile. So I would take some previously frozen breaded white meat. Then I would cook some supernoodles mix it in with the "nuggets" and serve it swimming in sweet chilli for a full on diabetic coma as "everyone knows Asian food is low fat".
                    (We went to the states recently and I was in awe at the fake foods available in Walmart-kind of fascinated as well. Velveeta looks like it would taste of spit.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Noctiluca View Post
                      Originally Posted by ELizabeth826
                      Word. Except those "Beef, it's what's for dinner," commercials they used to run. I never see them anymore, hm....
                      And the incredible edible egg!
                      We had "Brown eggs are local eggs and local eggs are fresh" (our state bird is delici....I mean its a chicken...Rhode Island Reds lay brown eggs)

Comment

• Originally posted by Katya View Post
                        We had "Brown eggs are local eggs and local eggs are fresh" (our state bird is delici....I mean its a chicken...Rhode Island Reds lay brown eggs)
                        Ha! I remember that commercial. I sing it to my kids in the grocery store. They look at me like I have 2 heads.
                        I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

• Argh!

Today, dad made meatballs. I was smelling them all day. They were in a delicious gravy sauce made from stock and wine and mushrooms... I was so looking forward to eating them! The conversation went like this.

Me: *about to take some* *pauses in deep suspicion* Mom asked you to take out the breadcrumbs, I remember that... but what did you thicken this with?

Dad: Flour!

Me: ...someone totally missed the point...

And I didn't touch it. Mom did, but she wiped the sauce off. *cries*
                          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                            Argh!

Today, dad made meatballs. I was smelling them all day. They were in a delicious gravy sauce made from stock and wine and mushrooms... I was so looking forward to eating them! The conversation went like this.

Me: *about to take some* *pauses in deep suspicion* Mom asked you to take out the breadcrumbs, I remember that... but what did you thicken this with?

Dad: Flour!

Me: ...someone totally missed the point...

And I didn't touch it. Mom did, but she wiped the sauce off. *cries*
                            Wail! There had to be grains sneaking in there somewhere! How to ruin a meal

Comment

• Originally posted by Blacksmith View Post
                              Ha! I remember that commercial. I sing it to my kids in the grocery store. They look at me like I have 2 heads.
                              Iiiiii'm singing. I'm in a store aaaaand I'm singing.

There's no singing at the North Pole

Yes there is

No there isn't

Yes there is

No there isn't

We sing all the time. Especially when we make the toys.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                                Iiiiii'm singing. I'm in a store aaaaand I'm singing.

There's no singing at the North Pole

Yes there is

No there isn't

Yes there is

No there isn't

We sing all the time. Especially when we make the toys.
                                best Elf ever!
                                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X