No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I adore potatoes. I have to restrict them because my system cannot cope with alot of starch. Cw seems to see certain foods as good and others bad. No in between. Hence some vile fake low fat cheese can be "good" and consumed by someone who is "being good" and whipping cream is "bad". It's better to say "is this food healthy or not?" Potatoes are whole foods and whole foods are healthy. I can eat occasionally only I am an apple shape at heart or battling against the apple.

Comment

• Fat-free imitation cream cheese is the spackling compound of the dairy case.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
        Fat-free imitation cream cheese is the spackling compound of the dairy case.
        What do they use that stuff for? Can I re-grout my shower with it?
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          What do they use that stuff for? Can I re-grout my shower with it?
          Patch drywall maybe? it tastes like glue. mmmmmmm
          You have to fall in love with the process of becoming great.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
            Fat-free imitation cream cheese is the spackling compound of the dairy case.
            "Fat-free" and "cheese" should never appear on the same label. When they take the fat out of cream cheese, does guar gum become the first ingredient listed? Otherwise it would be fat-free cream cheese soup. *shudder*
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I never really cared for potatoes even before I found out about low carb or paleo/primal. I do however love sweet potatoes...yum! (baked with butter...!)

I admit to liking the cream cheese with chives and onions...I've had trouble thinking of what to put it on in recent years though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katya View Post
                I admit to liking the cream cheese with chives and onions...I've had trouble thinking of what to put it on in recent years though.
                How'bout putting it in jalapeno halves, wrapped in bacon, and then baking in the oven until bacon is crisp?
                "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

• Originally posted by Katya View Post

Eat it out of the tub with a spoon?

Comment

• Originally posted by fifer View Post
                    Eat it out of the tub with a spoon?
                    I have to admit, this is my favorite recipe for cream cheese.

Anything I make with it ends up a little short because I eat some of it while I cook.
                    Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                      my knees hurt just talking about eating potatoes! LOL
                      Ha, it's my feet that hurt with potatoes! Random weird thing
                      Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                        My foodie guilty pleasure is Gordon Ramsey. He just compared a restaurant's food to "tainted, greasy hospital food." Three things that should NEVER be in the same sentence. These people are hospitalized, let's feed them shit coated in industrial chemicals. No. Just no.
                        I work in a hospital, and can't eat ANYTHING from the cafe there. They have low fat-high sugar 'yoghurt', salads with healthy vege oil dressings, and everything else is wrapped in bread and/or pastry. No, I tell a lie - they do have sushi, but you have to get there early because they only make a small quantity and it's all gone by about 11.30. Hospitals = fat staff and starving patients
                        Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Ha, it's my feet that hurt with potatoes! Random weird thing
                          hey Jac have you ever tried the old varieties of maori potato? i have a friend whose husband has all sorts of chronic fatigue and gut symptoms who gets a very bad reaction to modern potatoes but is fine on proper old maori potatoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                            hey Jac have you ever tried the old varieties of maori potato? i have a friend whose husband has all sorts of chronic fatigue and gut symptoms who gets a very bad reaction to modern potatoes but is fine on proper old maori potatoes.
                            I might try them next time we're at a market day. I could exist on kumara alone (but with butter would be better ), but the white varieties don't seem to suit me.
                            Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Comment

• i discovered baked kumara recently and they are like lollies. baked kumara, cottage cheese and baked venison are very nice together. i have never tried baked kumara with butter. maybe i shouldnt

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                                i discovered baked kumara recently and they are like lollies. baked kumara, cottage cheese and baked venison are very nice together. i have never tried baked kumara with butter. maybe i shouldnt
                                It's my personal crack cocaine - something about the salty and sweet, starchy and fat. Yum!!
                                Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Comment

Working...
                                X