Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
    I was asked to not use the microwave at work to cook bacon. People were complaining their food tasted like bacon. I didn't see the problem...
    I'm sure they would have prefered their food taste like the Extra Butter Orville Redenbacker..... but bacon is better... you did them a favor!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      I'm sure they would have prefered their food taste like the Extra Butter Orville Redenbacker..... but bacon is better... you did them a favor!
      Heaven forbid their Lean Cuisines might taste good!

Oh and microwave popcorn just fine! It's a constant smell around here.

Comment

• Didn't know you could microwave bacon!
        Work people are highly annoying because you get to see what they eat every day and have to keep your trap shut. Funnily enough CW people seem to be allowed to comment on what I bring in. Lean Cuisine isn't really popular in my office. Soup is the CW choice. You just know they are gonna be starving in half an hour!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Polecatz View Post
          Didn't know you could microwave bacon!
          Work people are highly annoying because you get to see what they eat every day and have to keep your trap shut. Funnily enough CW people seem to be allowed to comment on what I bring in. Lean Cuisine isn't really popular in my office. Soup is the CW choice. You just know they are gonna be starving in half an hour!!!
          Yep, sure can microwave bacon - eggs too!! I would toss a couple slices in bowl and nuke for 1:30-2:00 mins, remove bacon (leave bacon grease) and cut into small pieces and toss back into bowl with a couple eggs. Mix together and nuke for another min or so. Breakfast bowl! Fast, easy meal.

Comment

• Ran into a friend's husband at the gym the other day. We were talking while I was waiting for the squat rack. He was on one of the bikes.

Him: "Yeah, I usually work out for a couple hours then do 3 hours of cardio."

Me: "Yow; I try to stay under 3 hours in the gym for the whole week."

Him: [Looks at me; I'm clearly in way better shape] "Uh...what? How?"

Me: "I dunno...I just have a plan and then do that. Oh, squat rack is free; see ya!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
              Him: [Looks at me; I'm clearly in way better shape] "Uh...what? How?"
              Give him your routine and the URL for MDA :P

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
                Give him your routine and the URL for MDA :P
                Give US your routine

Comment

• My foodie guilty pleasure is Gordon Ramsey. He just compared a restaurant's food to "tainted, greasy hospital food." Three things that should NEVER be in the same sentence. These people are hospitalized, let's feed them shit coated in industrial chemicals. No. Just no.

Comment

• Not really CW but it is funny. Saw these in Cairo at the market last night, I'll be having me some vegetarian chicken livers tonight!

Randal
                    AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                    http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• At the grocery store with my mother today:
                      Mom: ooh! I love their dried blueberries here but I'll be darned if I'm going to pay $10/lb for them.

(5 feet further down the same isle)

Mom: Oh look candied walnuts! (Starts filling a bag)
                      Me: (checking the bar codes) That's the same price!!!! This week it's candy covered nuts and next week it'll be but covered candy, when does fruit get a chance!?

I am pleased to say that after another 10 min I convinced her to get the blueberries but I don't think she wants to shop with me anymore.

Sent from....right behind you....
                      You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                        My foodie guilty pleasure is Gordon Ramsey. He just compared a restaurant's food to "tainted, greasy hospital food." Three things that should NEVER be in the same sentence. These people are hospitalized, let's feed them shit coated in industrial chemicals. No. Just no.
                        Ramsey has a cool video on how to make scrambled eggs. It's very easy & results in nicely textured eggs. I haven't tried it with creme fraiche yet, it's usually fine on its own. Probably would make for very good breakfast sandwiches if one were inclined.

And yeah. Hospital food is exceptionally sad. I wonder would it would take to overhaul the food system in hospitals so that food was actually prepared fresh.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• haven't even finished reading this thread...but...
                          ....Bing Health news has a "top ten foods that fill you up"

....no surprise someone is commenting that (as the baked potato is on there) its not the potato thats unhealthy its all the fattening toppings people put on it.

also hubby said when I showed him the picture of the chicken liver that it means they feed the chickens vegetarians lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Katya View Post
                            haven't even finished reading this thread...but...
                            ....Bing Health news has a "top ten foods that fill you up"

....no surprise someone is commenting that (as the baked potato is on there) its not the potato thats unhealthy its all the fattening toppings people put on it.

I thought that that saying had died a death..I remember people always saying "it's not pasta that's fattening it's the sauce". Even when I was cw I didn't get that as I used to make tomato based sauces. Can't believe people still trumpet the same old tired rubbish.

On a similar note are cw people offering sweets and proudly announcing they are "fat free". Well yeah they prob don't have fat in because sweets tend to be made of sugar not fat.

Usually it's weightwatchers devotees who come up with this rubbish. They love a baked potato with LOW FAT cream cheese. They tend to love fake food. Ww teaches nothing about nutrition at all.

Comment

• Well, potatoes are a naturally occuring food so they are actually good. Medium baked potato - 160 calories, 4g protien, 0 fat, 37g carbs. Seems healthy enough to me. As for the toppings, while I have nothing against bacon, butter, sour cream, cheese or anything else when added to said potato they do tend to up the calorie and fat counts considerably. Whether this fits into your diet or not is a YMMV equation.

During the potato hack many people reported that they filled up quickly on potatoes and could only eat 1000-1200 calories daily of potatoes. As such, it does seem like a filling food.

Comment

• my knees hurt just talking about eating potatoes! LOL
                                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X