No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if it's a CW moment, but yesterday my housemate informed me that LSD makes your brain melt.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
      Not sure if it's a CW moment, but yesterday my housemate informed me that LSD makes your brain melt.
      Like literally, like butter melts? LOL

I guess a substantial number of my generation is screwed. And I think my melted brain must've leaked out long ago because when I sleep on my side, there's no brain matter on the pillow casing.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I've been playing a video game where "toxic spores" in the air around certain NPCs cause you to hallucinate both visually and audibly. It's really irritating to be in battle and suddenly the screen looks like a bad LSD trip and you hear cats and cows instead of battle sounds.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Bison and fajitas?! I need to go wherever that is. Hoosier SF has basically exactly what was on the WebMD thing: junk, battered and fried junk, battered and fried junk covered in sugar, turkey legs, really big, super thin, crunchy panko breaded pork sandwiches, and battered fried vegetables and remoulade.

Last fair I went to (I actually volunteered), I had a smoked turkey leg this size of my face and a lemon shake up with real sugar that sits in the bottom until you scrape it out with the cut lemon halves and eat the whole thing. So delicious and disgusting and no regrets, especially when the donuts came by and everyone else was still hungry.

Comment

• So, I recently went to a Christmas festival and something happened that was quite amusing.

I was very hungry... no breakfast at all, having been jolted out of bed at an ungodly hour. I just don't do mornings... but I digress. I needed sustenance and this Christmas fest had lovely sausages with sauerkraut and mustard. So I decided to get both a Nurnberg and a Thuringer, with no buns. They came in little containers so that was no problem. I wasn't expecting them to give me a discount though. A buck off each one for having no buns! They cost 4.50 each which wasn't bad at all. I'd gotten a bargain!

Then they charged me 3.50 for the bottled water and equilibrium was restored to the universe.
            Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
              Not sure if it's a CW moment, but yesterday my housemate informed me that LSD makes your brain melt.
              That sounds like a moment wherein your roommate was tripping.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Today my roommate instructed me on how cashews were unhealthy because they contain fat. This was while he was eating cashews and saying how he rarely buys them because he usually eats the whole bag. Seems like his body knows what's good for him even if his brain doesn't... Unfortunately for him his body also craves many things that aren't so unsuspectingly healthy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• This was more sad then funny.
                  A friends 4 yr old was tantruming because she wasn't bought a dress. I said some little girls only have 1 dress & they have to wear it every day as they have no other clothes. When asked why I explained not everyone has money to buy these things.
                  Her mother chimes in that people that can't afford children shouldn't have them, it's just COMMON SENSE.
                  I tried explains that it's only common sense if they have been taught it, poverty doesn't make people love any less. I just think people should be grateful for what they have as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannakb View Post
                    This was more sad then funny.
                    A friends 4 yr old was tantruming because she wasn't bought a dress. I said some little girls only have 1 dress & they have to wear it every day as they have no other clothes. When asked why I explained not everyone has money to buy these things.
                    Her mother chimes in that people that can't afford children shouldn't have them, it's just COMMON SENSE.
                    I tried explains that it's only common sense if they have been taught it, poverty doesn't make people love any less. I just think people should be grateful for what they have as well.
                    This is the argument I call the "retroactive abortion" solution to poverty, saying poor people wouldn't be poor if their kids didn't exist.

Comment

• I had purchased some pastured raised duck and was willing to share with a friend - she offered to cook.
                      Neither of us had cooked duck before, but there is a first time for everything! We both asked around and found without fail "Cook in duck fat and only to medium rare"
                      So last night was the night.
                      I had provided her with duck fat and as she was getting ready to start sauteing she just stood there with a deer in the head lights look.
                      I asked what was wrong and she said "I'm worried about all this fat, we should use Canola Oil"
                      Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
                      ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Comment

• please tell me you didn't let the canola oil touch the duck

i love duck

she's breaking my heart
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

Comment

• Absolutely not!!!
                          Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
                          ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                            Bison and fajitas?! I need to go wherever that is. Hoosier SF has basically exactly what was on the WebMD thing: junk, battered and fried junk, battered and fried junk covered in sugar, turkey legs, really big, super thin, crunchy panko breaded pork sandwiches, and battered fried vegetables and remoulade.
                            I worked at the Indiana state fair in high school and we used to go get deep fried elephant ears or twinkies after work every day. We got them for like $1 or $2 as employees. Shocker I went home chubby every year!
                            You have to fall in love with the process of becoming great.

Comment

• I was asked to not use the microwave at work to cook bacon. People were complaining their food tasted like bacon. I didn't see the problem...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                                I was asked to not use the microwave at work to cook bacon. People were complaining their food tasted like bacon. I didn't see the problem...
                                Hell I would have sent you a Christmas card.
                                I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

Working...
                                X