Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoyoteVick View Post
    Saw a commercial today where they said "our product contains heart healthy canola oil, not stuff from a test tube". um... fail. massive fail.
    To be fair, it ain't from a test tube. It's from a machines that cleans it with a bleaching agent, a caustic solution, and a 1 micron mesh.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Had to laugh yesterday when I went to my local Starbuck's and ordered an iced coffee with heavy whipping cream. The very young barista just looked at me as if I had spoken to her in Swahili, so I continued, "the stuff you put in the cannister to make whipped cream". Her, "you want heavy cream?!?!?" Me, "yes please !" Her face squished up as if I asked her to give me ground baby fingers or something. Then she asked which sweetener I wanted. "None, cream is all". I walked away leaving her with the most perplexed look on her face.
      "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

• Originally posted by hazmat View Post
        I was at a family's friends house for passover. She was starting to cook broccoli on the stove. When she took out the gigantic bottle of corn oil I almost vomited.
        Oil? For broccoli? Don't you mean water?
        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
          Oil? For broccoli? Don't you mean water?
          Sautee the broccoli. Boiling it leaches nutrients. Although why on EARTH you'de ever use corn oil on poor defenseless broccoli is beyond me.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
            Sautee the broccoli. Boiling it leaches nutrients. Although why on EARTH you'de ever use corn oil on poor defenseless broccoli is beyond me.
            A bit of water (just covering the bottom) in a pot, put in the broccoli, cover and place over heat. The poor man's broccoli steamer.
            In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• or you could just throw it into a super hot (nicely seasoned) cast iron pan and stir it up really quickly. 30-60 sec. and it's done. add whatever fat you like after it's cooked. canola oil? oh gag.
              my primal journal:
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Butter. Broccoli goes with butter. Lots and lots of butter.
                MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

• I saw a Tostitos commercial this morning during which they displayed the "ingredients" across the bottom of the screen It read simply: "Tostitos." So, yeah, Tostitos are made of Tostitios. Hmmm, is that primal?

Comment

• Only if they're picked from a non-GMO Tostito tree.

Comment

• Hmmm, if you pronounce Tostitos phonetically it sounds kind of like "toasted toes". That would TOTALLY be primal. Now to figure out which animal actually has toes that can be chopped off and toasted. Monkeys maybe?

Comment

• I had to crosspost this from Ellie's journal:

Originally posted by Ellie G View Post
                        I have a dear friend who must lose a certain amount of weight before she can have a laproscopic surgical procedure. Her dietician told her that she needs to stop eating so many raw vegetables, because the calories from those really add up.

Also, that she needs to eat way more grains.

As Dr. Eades would say, Jesus wept.
                        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
                          Hmmm, if you pronounce Tostitos phonetically it sounds kind of like "toasted toes". That would TOTALLY be primal. Now to figure out which animal actually has toes that can be chopped off and toasted. Monkeys maybe?
                          And Doritoes are from 'dirty-toes'... heehee

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            ...why on EARTH you'de ever use corn oil on poor defenseless broccoli is beyond me.
                            +1 The stuff is ominpresent.

Bought frozen wild salmon from the supermarket, 'with lemon and thyme garnish'. Got it home, looked at the garnish ingredients: lemon, thyme and vegetable oil. What did the salmon ever do to them?

Comment

• my roommate's doctors have encouraged her to "eat more fruits and vegetables" for her hormonal problems... so she eats 5 fruits a day, no vegetables.

Comment

• And I bet that's on top of whatever she would usually eat, not in lieu of (say) grains?...
                                "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Working...
                                X