• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merl, you get it

you know

there are truths in the world that can't be untruthed
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
      there are truths in the world that can't be untruthed
      But, boy oh boy, people will try to convince you otherwise.

Comment

• what can i do to convince you the sky is green?
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

what can i do to convince you the sky is green?
          yellow tinted lenses.... as opposed to rose colored glases....

Comment

what can i do to convince you the sky is green?
            Just tell them that to Korean green and blue are the same color. So the sky is green, the trees are green, the go light is blue...

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
              Just tell them that to Korean green and blue are the same color. So the sky is green, the trees are green, the go light is blue...
              How is that? Color blind or they just don't differentiate between the 2?
              I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                What? Where is here and have they never heard of celiac? Don't they watch House? That shit kills babies.
                Finland. They set parameters for "GF" products so that you can call it gluten free if it has less than 0,3% gluten remaining in the end product. Because hey, it only hurts a little! I was at a sushi place and asked about the gluten content of their food and they said yeah, the rolls and the soup they were serving do have a little gluten in them, but apparently "it's so little that none of our customers with coeliac have complained".
                Christ on a ladder.
                My diary comics
                My fitness inspiration blog

Comment

• D'oh!

I read somewhere that when celiacs eat gluten, their chances of dying increases with 600%!
                  Eh... that probably isn't true, though, because then all the people with celiac would've died years ago. :/
                  "Bread-Bread-Dinner
                  It ain't makin' me any thinner
                  I eat a sandwich for break-fast
                  And then I have a sugar blast!
                  I eat toasted bread for lunch
                  And enjoy my mid-day crunch!
                  At dinner I eat pasta
                  And end my day with a sugar disasta!"

From the How am I not starving??? thread. Enjoy the read.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
                    D'oh!

I read somewhere that when celiacs eat gluten, their chances of dying increases with 600%!
                    Eh... that probably isn't true, though, because then all the people with celiac would've died years ago. :/
                    Well, it's not clearly precisely what "chances of dying" you're talking about, but multiplying a person's chances of dying on a random, given day by 6 isn't the most frightening prospect I can think of.
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by Blacksmith View Post
                      How is that? Color blind or they just don't differentiate between the 2?
                      They just don't differentiate; they use the same work for both. When we tried to bug our teachers saying that was weird, they said well Americans consider turquoise to be blue even though the hue is the same differential as green to blue? I don't know lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
                        D'oh!

So instead of eventually dying, I now know that I will definitely DEFINITELY die at some point.
                        My diary comics
                        My fitness inspiration blog

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          Well, it's not clearly precisely what "chances of dying" you're talking about, but multiplying a person's chances of dying on a random, given day by 6 isn't the most frightening prospect I can think of.
                          Yeah, this. If my chance of dying was 1 percent and now it's 6 percent, that's not really very impressive.
                          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Alright guys. I havent visited here in a while but I have a CW moment that has me face-desking.

Some girl last night (pretty good shape, cardio bunny, curvy in a decent way and not in a 'rationalizing obesity' way) asked me in a text (since Im into nutrition/lifting and lost/kept off 115 pounds, etc) if sweet potatoes were good, and I gave a 'heck yea! Great nutritional starch, go for it'.

And today she said she ate one baked one, measured and put it in her app or whatever, and was shocked..."WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THERE WERE SO MANY CARBS!?"

... because starch =/= carbs, and I guess potatoes are made up of all fats and proteins (if she even knows what macros are..)

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesTheIdolStevens View Post
                              Alright guys. I havent visited here in a while but I have a CW moment that has me face-desking.

Some girl last night (pretty good shape, cardio bunny, curvy in a decent way and not in a 'rationalizing obesity' way) asked me in a text (since Im into nutrition/lifting and lost/kept off 115 pounds, etc) if sweet potatoes were good, and I gave a 'heck yea! Great nutritional starch, go for it'.

And today she said she ate one baked one, measured and put it in her app or whatever, and was shocked..."WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THERE WERE SO MANY CARBS!?"

... because starch =/= carbs, and I guess potatoes are made up of all fats and proteins (if she even knows what macros are..)
                              oh tell her to subtract the fiber and they are zero.. mua-hahahahahaha!
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                                Yeah, this. If my chance of dying was 1 percent and now it's 6 percent, that's not really very impressive.
                                Yes, you get the idea. Except that these numbers are probably 3 orders of magnitude and change higher than your real chances of dying on any given day, unless you're quite elderly, have been diagnosed with a late-stage terminal illness, or work in a field like deep sea fishing or alligator wrestling.
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X