Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grammartical ?
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

• iiiiii found it

beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• Originally posted by PBNewby View Post
        grammartical ?
        Ha ha. Didn't even notice that. Good catch. But to be pedantic, that's a typographical spelling error, not a grammatical mistake.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Gahaha. Beer will save the world. Maybe even Rich.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            Well that appears to be the case. Where were you when I needed ya?!
            Sorry. Is it wrong that this thread is blending with the 'let's be grownups' (aka let's act like children) thread in my head?

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
            merl shows up when the world needs reminding of important things, like me being right
            Exactly.

Or, how your senior year of high school should have gone (for the americans out there).
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• OMG
              I was sure that was going to end really ugly, I'm just glad I wasn't eating chicken...And my nose is especially glad of that
              Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
              ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                Thats foreplay??? Omg. They can have your ass.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                Foreplay? He didn't say anything about getting in the truck...... Did I miss something????

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  Foreplay? He didn't say anything about getting in the truck...... Did I miss something????
                  bwhahahahahahah!
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                    Read about brain scans with kids that have ADHD and kids that do not. Its not food that fills in the gaps or lack of food. Yes, the sugar industry fills the world with crap and sugar affects a lot but ADHD is a medical diagnosis.
                    You're right. ADHD is a a medical diagnosis. For 90% of the kids out there "diagnosed" with ADD/ADHD it's because of diet or just plain bad behavior and the school wants the kid drugged down so they will behave. I have known many kids some with ADHD and some just badly behaved. Get the 90% off the crap so you can recognize the ones who truly need meds to live a semi-normal life.

My girlfriend from years ago had a daughter my oldest's age... she had to be on meds or she just couldn't focus. But now a days, the schools will use the DFD (differential field diagnosis) of some general agitated/unfocused behavior to make a CD (Clinical diagnosis) that the child had one or both of the forms of the disease. That's like saying a child with the sniffles, teary eyes, cough, upset stomach... has RICIN toxin poisoning CALL OUT THE CDC!!!!

Drives me crazy. So not as to upset the other posters, I always felt people should TRY diet modification and then try medication. I did this with my own daughter. Now, unbeknownst to us, we got a faulty diagnosis because my daughter didn't fall into "all" the perameters. My 17 yo dd has migraines, but she doesn't very often show it on brain scan. All the classic symptoms, nothing screaming at you on the MRI. So for 6 years, we treated with (mostly) diet, exercise and hydration. Some days it worked, some it didn't.

Now, we finally found a neurologist who gets it, gets her and for the first time in a long time, she has been days without a headache. A load of pressure of our minds. But like TRUE ADHD, sometimes diet doesn't work and you have to try meds.
                    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                    Pope John Paul II

Comment

• One thing that some people do not realize is ADHD often has other diagnoses with it such as ASD, ODD and OCD. I agree that the first place to start is the diet patient. I started there, but when that has no results you have to start looking elsewhere.
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                        This is just being posted here for general knowledge. Not directed at anyone in particular from Kansas:

How to Use You're and Your (with Usage Chart) - wikiHow
                        Do you have a chart for its and it's? And loose and lose? And waist and waste?

TIA.

Never mind, I just found the Oatmeal.
                        Last edited by tapper47; 10-31-2013, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tapper47 View Post
                          Do you have a chart for its and it's? And loose and lose? And waist and waste?

TIA.

Never mind, I just found the Oatmeal.
                          It makes me loose my mind (pfft)
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Karin I am an SLP and work closely with these kids all day. I will certainly look up his book as I am looking for anything to help. Sounds like you are the type of parent every kids should have. One who cares and is willing to do the work to advocate for their kid. You would be amazed at how many out there don't have the skills or just won't learn the skills to do that. And yes, most of these kids eat horribly. But so do most of their peers so while food may certainly effect these children there is more going on. Overall I do tend to blame environment just because of the increasing changes in our kids behaviors. I wish it were a simple fix. Bless you for all you do. I cannot imagine the day in and day out struggfles you face !
                            Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                            I have read that too. I have also heard from the doctors that it does not matter. Thank you for your input though. I am not close minded, I can not be when it comes to my kid. I have read so much, it irritates me when some people do not GET the whole picture.
                            You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                            height 5'3
                            SW 215 lbs
                            CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                            LW 172 lbs
                            GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• I blame the environment. I think a major factor (but not the only factor) is maternal nutrition, in particular a low fat/low saturated fat and maybe high PUFA diet during a critical neural development period.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                                I blame the environment. I think a major factor (but not the only factor) is maternal nutrition, in particular a low fat/low saturated fat and maybe high PUFA diet during a critical neural development period.
                                And it would be newsworthy indeed if this were somehow proven not to be the case.
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X