No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A person was talking to me about wanting to lose weight and get in shape.

Person:"I mean, you're in good shape; what do you do?"

Me: "Don't eat processed crap, lift really heavy stuff 2-3 times per week. That's pretty much it."

Person: "What about cardio? How much do you do?"

Me: "Uh...just the heavy weights thing."

Person: "Weights aren't cardio!"

Me: "You're clearly not doing it right, then."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
      A person was talking to me about wanting to lose weight and get in shape.

Person:"I mean, you're in good shape; what do you do?"

Me: "Don't eat processed crap, lift really heavy stuff 2-3 times per week. That's pretty much it."

Person: "What about cardio? How much do you do?"

Me: "Uh...just the heavy weights thing."

Person: "Weights aren't cardio!"

Me: "You're clearly not doing it right, then."
      love it.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• This conversation makes no sense. Here's how it played out:
        Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
        There are so many studies that have debunked food being related to ADHD
        Originally posted by paraphrasing me
        Can you post links to the studies proving that there's no link between food and ADHD?
        Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
        never said that.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• you are picking and choosing your quotes. YOU mentioned sugar I did not.

Look up the Doctor Daniel Amen. He did the brain scans and wrote the book.
          Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
            never said that. In fact, I mentioned NOTHING about sugar smart ass. I said that food is NOT cause of ADHD. The evidence I provided states that as well. There are some ignorant people that state food affects and or causes ADHD. That is FALSE. I did post an article that attributed to heightened ADHD to be vitamin and mineral deficient. Why you are looking for a fight is beyond me.
            Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            What you post shows that the brains of people diagnosed with ADHD are different than the brains of those not diagnosed with ADHD. It says nothing about whether food can affect the already diminished ability of those with ADHD to concentrate or stay still. I shouldn't have to research a fantastic claim that you made that you have brain scans proving that sugar doesn't make kids with ADHD more hyperactive. The onus for proof of a fantastic claim is on the person making the fantastic claim.
            I said food you mentioned sugar specifically. What is the matter with you?
            Karin

Comment

you are picking and choosing your quotes. YOU mentioned sugar I did not.

Look up the Doctor Daniel Amen. He did the brain scans and wrote the book.
              I'm over it. I was interested in the studies proving zero correlation between food choices and ADHD and they obviously don't exist.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by Blacksmith View Post

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                Omg bahahahhaha funny!!!!

Comment

• I've been enjoying this thread for quite some time, I hope it doesn't end up like that "sex thread" did! I guess I'll find out when I come back from vacation in two weeks!
                  52 year old Male
                  Goal: 185lbs
                  April 10th: 220lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Kochin View Post
                    Yet, in most cases, ADHD is diagnosed and categorized based on symptoms. So a perfectly normal kid who's not eating well or acting out to cope with stress from bullying could be put on ritalin. And nobody considers the fact that diet and lifestyle can influence the expression of certain illnesses/disorders. Just medication and that's it.
                    It seems that all you have to do to be diagnosed with a sociological, mental, developmental or psychological problem is ask a psychiatrist/psychologist/doctor nowadays. Or, more simply put: the difference between 'normal' people and 'mad/damaged' people is that the 'mad/damaged' person has visited a psychiatrist.

PS: Another issue is where a kid with ADD is misdiagnosed as having ADHD due to displaying the hyperactive and/or bipolar-esque symptoms associated with ADHD, even though these particular symptoms could have another cause.
                    I think I get where you are coming from and you are right that it is cause for concern. I have recently had to switch my daughter's therapist because the one we had basically said, i have done all I can (after 3 years). This new one is wondering if her diagnosis is not off a little and she is more on the autism scale than we thought. So, we also have to look at her meds- still.. again.. etc. ADHD is HARD to diagnose. There is not simple one test fits all. It can be a series of symptoms.
                    Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                      I'm over it. I was interested in the studies proving zero correlation between food choices and ADHD and they obviously don't exist.
                      until you do the research you will never know. The book you need to read is by Dr. Daniel Amen. Or, stay ignorant. Don't care. I'm done.
                      Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                        Know your over it but had to add that I read the FDA has admitted that some colours in foods make add & ADHD worse.

Comment

• I have read that too. I have also heard from the doctors that it does not matter. Thank you for your input though. I am not close minded, I can not be when it comes to my kid. I have read so much, it irritates me when some people do not GET the whole picture.
                          Karin

Comment

until you do the research you will never know. The book you need to read is by Dr. Daniel Amen. Or, stay ignorant. Don't care. I'm done.
                            Have you heard of Fragile X?
                            Maybe look into it. often misdiagnosed as ADD/ADHD/ASD.
                            Simple blood test (ok not simple getting blood out of a child).

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannakb View Post
                              Have you heard of Fragile X?
                              Maybe look into it. often misdiagnosed as ADD/ADHD/ASD.
                              Simple blood test (ok not simple getting blood out of a child).
                              making a note to look it up. thank you.
                              Karin

Comment

I have read that too. I have also heard from the doctors that it does not matter. Thank you for your input though. I am not close minded, I can not be when it comes to my kid. I have read so much, it irritates me when some people do not GET the whole picture.
                                I was never debating the "whole picture," or whether ADHD exists and can be seen on brain scans. I just thought you had studies to present showing that there was no influence of food (of which sugar is an example) on behavior in people who suffer from ADHD. Because you said there were such studies. Your original claim isn't supported by anything you posted. I'll quote it again:

There are so many studies that have debunked food being related to ADHD
                                Are there or aren't there such studies? Accusing me of "not seeing the big picture" doesn't show me the studies. Telling me to read a book you like doesn't show me the studies.

Like I said, I'm now convinced that you mis-spoke or whatever and that you never saw any such studies. That's fine. Let's part ways as friends.
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X