No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow Nutmeg, it continues to amaze me when diabetic people act like non-sugar carbs don't matter... "didn't add any calories to my day" she says? Uhhh YEAH as she just said it added 190 calories! That's a pretty big percentage of the average day's calories! Egads.

Meanwhile, at my workplace...

Coworker: Wow, you've lost weight! How are you managing it?
    Me: Yep, 65 pounds so far. It's basically a high-fat diet, lower on the carb side but --
    Coworker: Oh no, you shouldn't eat a high-fat diet, you'll gain all that weight back!!
    Me: Uh, but that's how I lost it to start with, so logically --
    Coworker: It'll catch up with you soon, then!
    Me: ...

Logic FAIL. Also, letting me finish sentences FAIL.
    Last edited by Jenny; 04-18-2011, 11:07 AM.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
      Wow Nutmeg, it continues to amaze me when diabetic people act like non-sugar carbs don't matter... "didn't add any calories to my day" she says? Uhhh YEAH as she just said it added 190 calories! That's a pretty big percentage of the average day's calories! Egads.

Meanwhile, at my workplace...

Coworker: Wow, you've lost weight! How are you managing it?
      Me: Yep, 65 pounds so far. It's basically a high-fat diet, lower on the carb side but --
      Coworker: Oh no, you shouldn't eat a high-fat diet, you'll gain all that weight back!!
      Me: Uh, but that's how I lost it to start with, so logically --
      Coworker: It'll catch up with you soon, then!
      Me: ...

Logic FAIL. Also, letting me finish sentences FAIL.
      Ughhhhh :headslap:!!!
      "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
      Currant: 136 lbs
      Goal: 125 lbs
      11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
        He comes out of the shower in his boxers and earns the nickname chicken legs (the only thin part of him), I jog to the van and my mother gets scared of my calf musculature.
        The joke around here is that my sweetie doesn't have calves, he has cows.
        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NutMeg View Post
          From a person I know that is diabetic
          I walk into a friend's house who is diabetic. He is sitting on the couch with a nearly empty box of cookies. I look at him, he gets my drift and says "what? they're sugar free".

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
            The joke around here is that my sweetie doesn't have calves, he has cows.
            cankles?
            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
            Current Weight: 235 pounds
            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
              cankles?
              Or thankles?
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                cankles?
                Heh, nope. His ankles are fine, it's the fact that I can't come even close to wrapping both my hands around the muscle that is rather astonishing (I don't have small hands, and there's probably a 2-3 inch gap beyond that). Nice kilt legs.
                “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Funny CW, or tragic state of the current world?

Flora Cuisine

I especially love the adverts that use emotional blackmail to imply that you are KILLING your BABIES and GRANNIES if you don't give them this shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
                    Funny CW, or tragic state of the current world?

Flora Cuisine

I especially love the adverts that use emotional blackmail to imply that you are KILLING your BABIES and GRANNIES if you don't give them this shit.
                    The lack of Sat. Fat depresses me..
                    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
                    Currant: 136 lbs
                    Goal: 125 lbs
                    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                      Heh, nope. His ankles are fine, it's the fact that I can't come even close to wrapping both my hands around the muscle that is rather astonishing (I don't have small hands, and there's probably a 2-3 inch gap beyond that). Nice kilt legs.
                      I can't wrap my hands around my calves either.
                      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• I thought how my stomach felt before was the normal sensations of a working stomach. Now I know it was actually feeling tender, very bloated and uncomfortable. I'd been that way all my life, I didn't know. And what about invisible problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
                          \
                          yeah, but...but... KILLING BABIES, and GRANNIES is like my favoritest thing ever, so if I can do it legally, but NOT buying something... wait, no... wait *boom*head*explodes*from*trying*to*figure*out*the* logic*behind*not*wanting*to*kill*babies*grannies*

Comment

• Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                            yeah, but...but... KILLING BABIES, and GRANNIES is like my favoritest thing ever, so if I can do it legally, but NOT buying something... wait, no... wait *boom*head*explodes*from*trying*to*figure*out*the* logic*behind*not*wanting*to*kill*babies*grannies*
                            It's ok, as of last night if you don't buy Dettol you're now killing BABIES in the HOSPITAL as well as suitably ethnic disaster VICTIMS....

Cynical?
                            Heh.

Comment

• Saw a commercial today where they said "our product contains heart healthy canola oil, not stuff from a test tube". um... fail. massive fail.

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

• I was at a family's friends house for passover. She was starting to cook broccoli on the stove. When she took out the gigantic bottle of corn oil I almost vomited.

Comment

Working...
                                X