Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I would say this is funny if I didn't find it so upsetting. This morning my friend told her daughter "no" to a piece of cake for breakfast (it was her bday yesterday). Not five minutes later she gives her a bowl of cookie crisp with a "juice" box. My friend just got in the shower and her daughter said she was hungry. Couldn't find one thing I would feed my child (if I had one) anywhere. Fuck it... I gave her a piece if cake. Lets see how this plays out when she gets out of the shower.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jena View Post
      This morning my friend told her daughter "no" to a piece of cake for breakfast (it was her bday yesterday).
      Ha! BD cake for breakfast the day after is a family ritual for us. And yeah, most SAD breakfast is hardly more than dessert.
      50yo, 5'3"
      SW-195
      CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
      GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

      Comment


      • It's funny how labeling something as "cereal" automatically makes something click in a person's head that it's healthy ... because, hey, it's cereal! I'm sure if you broke down the ingredients between Cookie Crisp and cake, it probably isn't that different--plus the cake has eggs, at least =P

        Fortunately, my mom never bought the sugary kids' cereals--I only had to convince myself that Raisin Bran with skim milk wasn't healthy.
        My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
        (I try to update ... once in awhile)


        Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
        Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
        (Red Dwarf)

        Comment


        • Yeah... she had no reaction to the fact that I gave her kid cake while she was in the shower. I have tried to explain to her why grains aren't healthy. Yesterday evening, after the bday party, "P" the kid said she was hungry. So my friend gave her one of those lunchables that you make into a pizza. And I said, "you need to give that child some freakin protein!" She got defensive and pointed out that there were about 4 pepperonis thrown in there. I felt bad because I kind of snapped at her about the protein thing, so at that point I just disengaged from the entire conversation.

          Comment


          • The only sugary cereals that were ever in our house were Mom's cereals (i.e. we kids weren't allowed to touch them.) I loved Honey Bunches of Oats and raisin bran, though. and Grapenuts, if I had time to let them sit and soak up the milk and get soggy. By CW standards, and compared to most of the kid's sugar cereals, that was pretty damn good. I think the only kid's cereal we ever got was Honeycomb (name?) or maybe Kix. I didn't care for those.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

            Comment


            • The only cereal I remember my mom buying was puffed rice... or oatmeal... it freaks me out reading the ingredients of most of the "children's cereals" nowadays...
              Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

              http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

              Comment


              • my mom bought puffed wheat and puffed rice. I remember it as only styrofoam and was thankful for a milk allergy.
                Karin


                Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                Comment


                • Oh, I have one! I have one!

                  I used to watch this show "Beauty and the Beast". It's about this officer girl who meets this guy. The guy is basically half man half beast - although he doesn't look like a beast, he only roars and rips things apart with his nails/claws.. -
                  So, I expected him to rip raw meat apart and eat it like that...
                  But no. What does he eat for breakfast...

                  Cereal. *Headdesk* He's a BEAST for crying out loud!!!

                  Oh, and another one from the same show:
                  There was this woman (the antagonist of one of the episodes)
                  The officer woman offered to get some coffee for her (when she was still a witness and not a suspect) and said that she looked like the type of girl that wanted sugar and milk in their coffee.
                  The woman said: "No, just black. I'm on the neanderthaler diet."
                  So the officer girl was like: "What?"
                  So the woman explained: "Nothing a caveman didn't eat. Give me some carbs." the last being in an exaggerated sad voice.

                  Of course, she ended up being a mad woman, so the diet thing probably got dismissed by anyone who watches the show. :/
                  "Bread-Bread-Dinner
                  It ain't makin' me any thinner
                  I eat a sandwich for break-fast
                  And then I have a sugar blast!
                  I eat toasted bread for lunch
                  And enjoy my mid-day crunch!
                  At dinner I eat pasta
                  And end my day with a sugar disasta!"

                  From the How am I not starving??? thread. Enjoy the read.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
                    Oh, I have one! I have one!

                    I used to watch this show "Beauty and the Beast". It's about this officer girl who meets this guy. The guy is basically half man half beast - although he doesn't look like a beast, he only roars and rips things apart with his nails/claws.. -
                    So, I expected him to rip raw meat apart and eat it like that...
                    But no. What does he eat for breakfast...

                    Cereal. *Headdesk* He's a BEAST for crying out loud!!!

                    Oh, and another one from the same show:
                    There was this woman (the antagonist of one of the episodes)
                    The officer woman offered to get some coffee for her (when she was still a witness and not a suspect) and said that she looked like the type of girl that wanted sugar and milk in their coffee.
                    The woman said: "No, just black. I'm on the neanderthaler diet."
                    So the officer girl was like: "What?"
                    So the woman explained: "Nothing a caveman didn't eat. Give me some carbs." the last being in an exaggerated sad voice.

                    Of course, she ended up being a mad woman, so the diet thing probably got dismissed by anyone who watches the show. :/
                    Oi... you're right, he definitely should have been eating something more 'beast like' for breakfast. Maybe kippers. XD lol
                    Out of context quote for the day:

                    Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
                      On a pregnancy forum... Question about roller coasters/amusement parks...

                      One of the answers was something like "no, you can't go on the rides, but you can enjoy all that super yummy food!"

                      Just thinking about all the food I've seen in amusement parks... It's usually crap & tastes like crap (also, usually non primal), but you're kind of trapped & even if you can/do leave, there's nothing nearby. Ew.
                      The last time I got sick was from the Carnival Food at the Chino Air Show in May. That burrito tasted good going down but it was hell coming out!
                      Last edited by PaleoPenn; 10-28-2013, 08:18 AM.
                      52 year old Male
                      Goal: 185lbs
                      April 10th: 220lbs

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                        Oi... you're right, he definitely should have been eating something more 'beast like' for breakfast. Maybe kippers. XD lol
                        Had to google them to find out what they are. Basically cold pickled herring? Or, for Dutchies, a warm dish with steamed herring.

                        Not so much a CW moment, but making a new thread for it just seems silly:
                        I was eating a few squares of 72% dark chocolate (which, after eating 78% dark choc, seems quite creamy to me). Afterwards, to get the taste out of my mouth so I wouldn't start craving more, I drank some water.

                        The water tasted sweet!
                        "Bread-Bread-Dinner
                        It ain't makin' me any thinner
                        I eat a sandwich for break-fast
                        And then I have a sugar blast!
                        I eat toasted bread for lunch
                        And enjoy my mid-day crunch!
                        At dinner I eat pasta
                        And end my day with a sugar disasta!"

                        From the How am I not starving??? thread. Enjoy the read.

                        Comment


                        • Ever heard of a horse on SAD?
                          Well after this weekend I have...

                          Me went to feed my grandpa's horse an apple. The horse didn't take it.
                          My Grandpa: He only likes bread as a snack.
                          me: Bread?
                          Grandpa: yeah, but he gets the whole wheat bread like me, that's healthy!
                          My story, My thought....

                          It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
                            Had to google them to find out what they are. Basically cold pickled herring? Or, for Dutchies, a warm dish with steamed herring.

                            Not so much a CW moment, but making a new thread for it just seems silly:
                            I was eating a few squares of 72% dark chocolate (which, after eating 78% dark choc, seems quite creamy to me). Afterwards, to get the taste out of my mouth so I wouldn't start craving more, I drank some water.

                            The water tasted sweet!
                            I don't know how it is with eating chocolate before drinking water. but I did found out that filtered water taste much sweeter than normal tap water
                            My story, My thought....

                            It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
                              I don't know how it is with eating chocolate before drinking water. but I did found out that filtered water taste much sweeter than normal tap water
                              Huh. I think the water from bottles tastes like the plastic bottle. Only a bit, though. (Oh wait! You're talking about filtered water! I thought that meant water in bottle with a filter on it, haha.)
                              Years ago, I only drank coke, no straight water. Now I only like water and tea, and water above tea. :P


                              Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
                              Ever heard of a horse on SAD?
                              Well after this weekend I have...

                              Me went to feed my grandpa's horse an apple. The horse didn't take it.
                              My Grandpa: He only likes bread as a snack.
                              me: Bread?
                              Grandpa: yeah, but he gets the whole wheat bread like me, that's healthy!
                              My God! My aunt warned me to never feed her horse potatoes, because of the starch. She said it turned to sugar. Too much sugar is unhealthy for horses.
                              Last edited by The_Introvert_Huntress; 10-29-2013, 11:54 AM.
                              "Bread-Bread-Dinner
                              It ain't makin' me any thinner
                              I eat a sandwich for break-fast
                              And then I have a sugar blast!
                              I eat toasted bread for lunch
                              And enjoy my mid-day crunch!
                              At dinner I eat pasta
                              And end my day with a sugar disasta!"

                              From the How am I not starving??? thread. Enjoy the read.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
                                Had to google them to find out what they are. Basically cold pickled herring? Or, for Dutchies, a warm dish with steamed herring.

                                Not so much a CW moment, but making a new thread for it just seems silly:
                                I was eating a few squares of 72% dark chocolate (which, after eating 78% dark choc, seems quite creamy to me). Afterwards, to get the taste out of my mouth so I wouldn't start craving more, I drank some water.

                                The water tasted sweet!
                                Cold pickled herring is delicious! But kippers are smoked herring, from what I've seen. Very traditional english breakfast, I love them with eggs. They are EXTREMELY salty though, so I don't salt the eggs much. XD
                                Out of context quote for the day:

                                Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X