No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been pretty adamant about not letting Memphis influence me too much.

Pretty much all I'm gonna take back with me is "I'll tell you what ...", pimento cheese, Southern Comfort, and leopard print everything =P
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      -Sweet tea is "tea." If you want unsweetened tea, you hafta specify.
      I am a Georgia resident, born and raised, and I know this to be true. With that in mind, my mom and I ate at Red Lobster this past week. When our server, came for our drink order I said 'tea'.

Our drinks arrived and I just knew the tea was going to be sweet; a tentative sip through the straw proved me right. ACK! It was awful, and I just wanted to scrape the sweetness from my tongue.

As a southerner, I understand that in the South tea is sweetened, but Red Lobster should be the exception as a restaurant that is supposed to represent Maine (New England).

I had a new glass of tea soon after and it was actually decent and not bitter at all. Now, that I think about it, it probably wasn't real tea but some kind of colored water with tea flavoring. *sigh*

Comment

• tea flavored sugar water
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
          So how's about posting her apple crumble recipe?
          Peel and core the apples. Slice them in sections. Toss with cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Place in a pie plate. Mix together sugar, butter and oatmeal until crumbly and dot on top of the apple mixture. I usually add some chopped nuts to the crumble mixture and mash the ingredients together with a fork until crumbly. You need to let the butter soften a bit, but not too much. Bake as you would a pie about an hour at 350. The apples should be soft and the liquid should be bubbling. The top will be slightly browned and crisp. You can adjust the ingredients to your liking.

This is her original recipe. She told me recently that she now uses mostly nuts, chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds. Think I'll be making this for Christmas this year. And maybe if I can figure it out in time, a persimmon pudding with all those persimmons in the Korean markets.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
            tea flavored sugar water
            *nod*

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
              ...This is her original recipe. She told me recently that she now uses mostly nuts, chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds.
              Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post

As a southerner, I understand that in the South tea is sweetened, but Red Lobster should be the exception as a restaurant that is supposed to represent Maine (New England).
                Red Lobster has NOTHING to do with New England, we don't even have any red lobsters in new england. so get that out of your head.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                  I'm in the heart of Bible Belt West Texas and consider myself a Zen semipagan. You learn to keep your mouth shut, smile at the intent behind the offers for prayers, and bless the hearts of those who try to convert you.
                  I'm a person of faith that lives in NY State and find the atmosphere here very oppressive to people who believe in the Bible. Guess it works both ways. Happy I live under the grace of God! Thankfully there's room enough in this country for all of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeldingHank View Post
                    Red Lobster has NOTHING to do with New England, we don't even have any red lobsters in new england. so get that out of your head.
                    Yeah go there and ask them for a quahog. I bet they stare at you like you grew an extra head.
                    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

• Whatever happened to reading comprehension? "...supposed to represent Maine (New England)." Red Lobster is an idea of what the food in that area might be like, ya know, for those that don't get to visit...the point is, you'd think they could at least get the tea right.

So yeah...take a breather ya da*n yankees.

Comment

Whatever happened to reading comprehension? "...supposed to represent Maine (New England)." Red Lobster is an idea of what the food in that area might be like, ya know, for those that don't get to visit...the point is, you'd think they could at least get the tea right.

I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

• oh this looks so good! Thanks!

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                          Peel and core the apples. Slice them in sections. Toss with cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Place in a pie plate. Mix together sugar, butter and oatmeal until crumbly and dot on top of the apple mixture. I usually add some chopped nuts to the crumble mixture and mash the ingredients together with a fork until crumbly. You need to let the butter soften a bit, but not too much. Bake as you would a pie about an hour at 350. The apples should be soft and the liquid should be bubbling. The top will be slightly browned and crisp. You can adjust the ingredients to your liking.

This is her original recipe. She told me recently that she now uses mostly nuts, chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds. Think I'll be making this for Christmas this year. And maybe if I can figure it out in time, a persimmon pudding with all those persimmons in the Korean markets.
                          You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                          height 5'3
                          SW 215 lbs
                          CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                          LW 172 lbs
                          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post

Have you ever tried adding shredded coconut to the crumble mix? Very yummy

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannakb View Post
                              Have you ever tried adding shredded coconut to the crumble mix? Very yummy
                              I have not actually tried the recipe yet myself as the oven in our barracks has been out of commission for awhile now. I bet adding coconut would be a dream; I love anything coconut.

Comment

Whatever happened to reading comprehension? "...supposed to represent Maine (New England)." Red Lobster is an idea of what the food in that area might be like, ya know, for those that don't get to visit...the point is, you'd think they could at least get the tea right.

I love ya!
                                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X