Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    No. It is a term used to describe those from the north, generally the New England area, or more historically those on the Union side in the Civil War.
    To most of the world, a yankee is an American. To folks from the American south, a yankee is someone from the north. To someone from the north, a yankee is someone from New England. To New Englanders, a yankee is someone from Vermont. To folks from Vermont, a yankee is someone who eats apple pie for breakfast.

Comment

• Originally posted by yelena View Post
      To folks from Vermont, a yankee is someone who eats apple pie for breakfast.
      So, not many yankees in the forum I guess )

Comment

• You can have paleo apple pie

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
          You can have paleo apple pie

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
          My mom told me her recipe for apple crumble that uses mostly chopped nuts and a little gluten free flour. She is already a fair way primal and doesn't know it, although she would call it just good old upbringing and common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myrtille View Post
            So, not many yankees in the forum I guess )
            I don't know about that, I'm a transplanted Yank. I was born in VA, raised in MA, lived in RI and still have a house there. If I could, I would go back in a heartbeat. But hubby's born and raised in Nashville, TN. Guess I'm a quasi-Yank...
            The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
            Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
            Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
              My mom told me her recipe for apple crumble that uses mostly chopped nuts and a little gluten free flour. She is already a fair way primal and doesn't know it, although she would call it just good old upbringing and common sense.
              +1
              The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
              Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
              Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Originally posted by sires6 View Post
                +1
                My mom is awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                  My mom is awesome.
                  So how's about posting her apple crumble recipe?

Comment

• Originally posted by yelena View Post
                    ... a yankee is someone who eats apple pie for breakfast.
                    Call me a happy Yankee!

This is my funny Yankee story: I am from Northern California. Shortly after moving to Texas(Dallas area) I was walking in our suburban town, and an elderly lady with a strong Texas accent asked me for directions. After our conversation, she commented on my accent by saying, 'You sure can tell you're a Yankee!' Coming from the west coast, I had never before considered myself a Yankee, but since her comment, I DO!

Comment

• Heh! I'm also from California (Sacramento), and have been living in the south (Memphis) for the last several years. Never got called a yankee, but I've had people say stuff like, "You're not from around here, are you?" in a way that they already knew the answer.
                      My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
                      (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
                      Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
                      (Red Dwarf)

Comment

• It has taken 22 years, but now family from back home tell me I 'sound Southern'. But not to Texas ears!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyborcat View Post
                          Heh! I'm also from California (Sacramento), and have been living in the south (Memphis) for the last several years. Never got called a yankee, but I've had people say stuff like, "You're not from around here, are you?" in a way that they already knew the answer.
                          were you doing northern people things?
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

• I used to travel through the south alot for work. I'd always get called a Yankee, I am one btw. Well I like to consider myself more of a swamp Yankee.

It was often the first thing out if people's mouth after hello. Then they'd always say "bless your heart".
                            It got so bad I had to start leaving my kepi and musket at home.
                            I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
                              A low carb diet, violates the principles that God set down.
                              "The carbs are the fire that burns everything."
                              Oh, and apparently Halal food helps fund terrorism.

Pat Robertson Claims Low-Carb Diet 'Violates' God's Principles (VIDEO)
                              F*** it. I'm going to Hell, so I might as well enjoy the bacon...
                              Eat like a Beast, feel like a Beast!
                              Eat from a huge bag of processed junk... Well... You know.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                                were you doing northern people things?
                                like wearing top hats and eating caviars and junk?
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X