No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new low carb colleague and I were sitting with lunch with our new CEO. We were talking between the two of us about being creative with salads and our boss asks if we were following a special diet.
    me: I'm eating according to the Primal Blueprint. and translate it to Dutch when I see his confusion.
    CEO: oh, why would you do that?
    me: it makes me feel better, no heart rhythm issues anymore.
    colleague: I do it for the sugar balance. I have tons more energy through out the day. no dips.
    CEO looks impressed and ask: So you eat tons of fat and it gives you tons of energy?
    me: not only fat, proteins as well, healthy foods like bio-meat and veggies. Just no sugar and grains.
    CEO: alright, it might be an idea to throw out all sugar, than for lunch we order only whole wheat sandwiches.

*something with a face and a palm*
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
      me: not only fat, proteins as well, healthy foods like bio-meat and veggies. Just no sugar and grains.
      CEO: alright, it might be an idea to throw out all sugar, than for lunch we order only whole wheat sandwiches.

*something with a face and a palm*
      I don't think he quite gets it...
      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Someone at work today brought in a box of "White Cupcakes with REAL Buttercream Icing". They were gone before lunch, so I tipped the box over to look at the ingredients. Butter was the 32nd ingredient on the list! And that was only halfway down! And I didn't see "cream" on the list at all. Only dried milk powder.

Comment

• So I volunteer time at a local bike co op where you can come fix your bike for lowest possible costs, on of the other mechanics comes in at 6 pm with a huge find he got from a dumpster. 12 boxes of pastry cakes. Little debbie sort of things. They went nuts on them and between 4 guys ate 40 plus cakes....

It was almost scary to watch and by 8 30 tonight all of them were passing out, sucking back coffee and generally being a bunch of stunned arses. I said no thanks and got a weird look for turning it down but hey I was not crashing either.

The guy that brought them was like, hey it is vegan, must be ok.
          Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• The guy that brought them was like, hey it is vegan, must be ok.
            Vegan.... but they came from a dumpster.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• A low carb diet, “violates the principles that God set down.”
              "The carbs are the fire that burns everything."
              Oh, and apparently Halal food helps fund terrorism.

Pat Robertson Claims Low-Carb Diet 'Violates' God's Principles (VIDEO)
              No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
              -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Freegans!

Comment

• Originally posted by ebrady98
                  Took a chemistry test today.

A whole section on oils. "sunflower oil is full of healthy, unsaturated fats." "saturated fats clog in your arteries" "does adding hydrogen to olive oil make it more healthy?"

Walking out of class, my friends were saying "Wow, I didn't know that adding hydrogen to oils made them less fattening!" my other friend said, "no, it doesn't, it makes it more saturated, which is unhealthy"

Chemistry is one of my worst subjects, and even I know this is bad science! I knew I was going to fail anyway, so I answered the question of "What is better to use: vegetable oil or butter?" (seriously, wtf is their problem with butter?) with "Butter. It's a safer fat to cook with and does not require loads of unnatural processing. Also, vegetable oils have been linked with heart disease, whereas saturated fats have not."

Failing science in the name of science
                  I swear I thought of doing this on last years exam bt just ruled it out bec it just wasnt worth it

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Okay...I really thought this was from The Onion. I hope that people realize he does not speak for God.

Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
                    A low carb diet, “violates the principles that God set down.”

You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                    height 5'3
                    SW 215 lbs
                    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                    LW 172 lbs
                    GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
                      Okay...I really thought this was from The Onion. I hope that people realize he does not speak for God.
                      Do you know that for sure?
                      I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

• Funny CW moments

Originally posted by ebrady98
                        Took a chemistry test today.

A whole section on oils. "sunflower oil is full of healthy, unsaturated fats." "saturated fats clog in your arteries" "does adding hydrogen to olive oil make it more healthy?"

Walking out of class, my friends were saying "Wow, I didn't know that adding hydrogen to oils made them less fattening!" my other friend said, "no, it doesn't, it makes it more saturated, which is unhealthy"

Chemistry is one of my worst subjects, and even I know this is bad science! I knew I was going to fail anyway, so I answered the question of "What is better to use: vegetable oil or butter?" (seriously, wtf is their problem with butter?) with "Butter. It's a safer fat to cook with and does not require loads of unnatural processing. Also, vegetable oils have been linked with heart disease, whereas saturated fats have not."

Failing science in the name of science
                        Adding hydrogen (hydrogenation) to veggie oil creates trans fats not saturated fats.. Meaning the hydrogens are added trans (across from each other) instead of cis (on same side of the double bond) like saturated fats are. We all can agree trans fats are horrible for you, CW or primal.

But nice answer on the butter one. Maybe from a chemical perspective the teacher will agree with you as saturated fats are way more heat stable due to greater van der waals forces between straighter chains (saturated) than crooked chains (unsaturated), hence more thermal energy is required to excite them to vaporization point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                        Last edited by turquoisepassion; 10-10-2013, 11:10 AM.
                        ------
                        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
                          Okay...I really thought this was from The Onion. I hope that people realize he does not speak for God.
                          I thought it was a joke, too. That man needs a muzzle. And bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
                            A low carb diet, “violates the principles that God set down.”

Reason 241 why I'm going to hell today.

I think if you start with Leviticus, you'll find most of the others. Including wearing clothes of two fibers.

*gasp*
                            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by ebrady98
                              This wasn't made clear to us. At all. We didn't learn a thing about trans fats! We just learned that it "wasn't saturated" therefore "better for you" - I thought I had walked into a CW brainwashing ceremony rather than additional chemistry :P

I was going to put something along the lines of that (albeit a lot more simplistic) but I wasn't too sure of it...chemistry is my worst subject. I find it interesting - I just hate the topics that we do. I'm so sick of electrolysis.

Going to memorise that for when it's needed.
                              Well I don't know if your teacher knows if it is beginning chemistry or high school chemistry. Trans vs cis is more of an organic chemistry thing.

Our bodies can saturate unsaturated fats by adding 2 hydrogens cis across the double bond, but there isn't an industrial process (ie. catalyst) that can add cis, so trans it is. Trans fat can't be processed by the body because it isn't a naturally occurring sort of fat, so it is left in the blood stream. Since trans fat looks like a zig zag, it can easily be stacked on top of each other and form plaque in your arteries and etc. Hence people saying hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated fats are bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                              ------
                              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                                Reason 241 why I'm going to hell today.

I think if you start with Leviticus, you'll find most of the others. Including wearing clothes of two fibers.

*gasp*
                                TWO DIFFERENT FIBERS!!!! You should be ashamed.
                                No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                                -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

Working...
                                X