Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
    I went out for dinner with my family-in-law yesterday. (only dessert was an indulgence)... My BF's cousin has Rheumatoid arthritis and all sorts of allergies. I told her about my health adventures with Paleo and she was really open to changing her diet. She had even asked her doctor to change to a gluten free diet (it's a start) and that she wanted to do a sugar free diet as well.
    her doctor actually forbid her to do that!!
    I asked her why.
    Her doctor had said: "there is no use in changing your diet while your body is still adjusting to the medication. We need to let the meds do their job first before looking elsewhere."

*facepalm*!!!!!!
    I have RA and take Methotrexate and Humira.
    I started Paleo in Jan and in the spring began lowering my medications. I now take half the Methotrexate and have gone from every 2 weeks to every 3 weeks on the Humira.
    My Rheumatologist (who is older than dirt and quite old school) said "what ever you're doing keep doing, I consider you in remission". So meds gave me my life back and nutrition put me in remission!
    Please have you BF encourage his cousin to find a Rheumy who is more open!! Feel free to share my story.
    *Cranky*. Man it ticks me off when Rheumys won't look at nutrition
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyborcat View Post
      A little off-topic, but that reminds me--I noticed recently that the coconut milk I buy says, in bold, just below the ingredients (which are coconut and guar gum--I think that's all) "Contains coconut". That cracks me up--we're so paranoid about lawsuits in America that we feel we have to label something with "coconut" in the name and obviously 90% of what the product is as containing coconut, otherwise someone who is allergic might consume it by mistake. Ugh.
      Last time I was at the supermarket I noticed that the tins of tuna have a warning that they 'may contain fish'. I should bloody well hope so!!
      Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• I think my favorite is the carton of eggs that says "May contain eggs." well, what the hell else would be in it?
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Picked up a packet of gummy candies for a possible indulgence; immediately put it down because the first ingredient is "glucose syrup (wheat)" along with 50 other ingredients.

Oops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
          ------
          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• I walk into tim horton and while im waiting for my coffee , I find in front of me a huge muffin and guess what was written under it
            LOW FAT DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MUFFIN
            I just stood there smiling

And at school almost all the girls I walked past by at lunch held a plain salad in there hand while I was heading home to have salmon steak with stir fry veggies I kinda felt sad for them :/

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• WOW im sitting at the cafe nw and I just laughed out lud when I read the carton of eggs thingy !!

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                In the US at least the 'may contain eggs' is a allergy disclaimer. Even if you are eating a product called Peanut and Soy Egg Delight! It will have a place on the label that says something like "May contain soy, eggs, and peanuts. blah blah blah legal stuff so you do not sue us when you are stupid enough to eat this blah blah"

That said, I am not sure why you would need three different types of oil in a cupcake unless one was used in the frosting and the other in the cake? Or perhaps different cakes were frosted/made differently? Sounds odd. I'd call them up and ask because a well-made cake is a fantastic thing (yeah, not a fantastic primal thing but I'll get over it the couple of times a year I eat cake.)
                I'm guessing that the three different flavors are made with different oils... But, I checked the package again and saw that they were 3 months past their expiration date... thanks, coworker.

I was just a bit annoyed by the "may contain eggs" statement because no matter how many times I checked, I couldn't find eggs in the ingredient list.

Another CW moment

Milka muffins. That's all I'm gonna say.

Seriously, people. Milka muffins. Ugh.
                "Bread-Bread-Dinner
                It ain't makin' me any thinner
                I eat a sandwich for break-fast
                And then I have a sugar blast!
                I eat toasted bread for lunch
                And enjoy my mid-day crunch!
                At dinner I eat pasta
                And end my day with a sugar disasta!"

From the How am I not starving??? thread. Enjoy the read.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
                  I'm guessing that the three different flavors are made with different oils... But, I checked the package again and saw that they were 3 months past their expiration date... thanks, coworker.

I was just a bit annoyed by the "may contain eggs" statement because no matter how many times I checked, I couldn't find eggs in the ingredient list.

Another CW moment

Well, it is a legal disclaimer so people with allergies can't sue. You can't bring a products liabilities case and claim you didn't know bc you didn't read (contributory negligence or causation). If it was processed in a facility that also produced on other products with eggs, it will disclaim eggs.

------
                  HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Another CW moment

You actually made me moan.... I love those things...Of the things I miss since going primal all the chocolate things are the worst...
                    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

I checked the package again and saw that they were 3 months past their expiration date... thanks, coworker.
                      Pretty sure that's not going to make much difference to anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                        Well, it is a legal disclaimer so people with allergies can't sue. You can't bring a products liabilities case and claim you didn't know bc you didn't read (contributory negligence or causation). If it was processed in a facility that also produced on other products with eggs, it will disclaim eggs.
                        So I can't sue people for throwing wheat/gluten in just about everything, because they list it? ... Damn.
                        But I get it. I wonder how long it took the companies to figure it out. :P

Marielle:

I really liked Milka when I was younger, but then I found out that I liked dark chocolate more.
                        Don't worry: the muffins looked absolutely disgusting. Like a normal muffin, but with a gob of hardened milka chocolate on it, that looked like it'd fallen out of the sky and squashed the muffin. :S

Originally posted by Hilary View Post
                        Pretty sure that's not going to make much difference to anything.
                        You're right, they still look fine. And before the cupcakes, there were chocolate bon-bons that had been expired for 1 year, and one of my coworkers ate one and said it tasted fine.

... I'm actually waiting for one of the bon-bons to crawl or slither away. Or for a nuclear disaster, only to find out that the bon-bons and the cupcakes survived it.
                        Last edited by The_Introvert_Huntress; 10-08-2013, 04:50 AM.
                        "Bread-Bread-Dinner
                        It ain't makin' me any thinner
                        I eat a sandwich for break-fast
                        And then I have a sugar blast!
                        I eat toasted bread for lunch
                        And enjoy my mid-day crunch!
                        At dinner I eat pasta
                        And end my day with a sugar disasta!"

From the How am I not starving??? thread. Enjoy the read.

Comment

But I get it. I wonder how long it took the companies to figure it out.
                          One lawsuit.
                          Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
                          Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
                          "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
                          "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
                          "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

• Funny CW moments

Originally posted by The_Introvert_Huntress View Post
                            So I can't sue people for throwing wheat/gluten in just about everything, because they list it? ... Damn.
                            But I get it. I wonder how long it took the companies to figure it out. :P
                            Most companies have lawyers in house to work on this. When I was working in house this summer we spent all our time figuring out how to prevent Litigation.

------

Comment

• Im standing at the food stand and there is one lunch box f each , either chicken thigh or chicken breast and he women infrint of me were ralking about getting chicken and im like shit no I want the thigh ,

Then one woman says lets take the breast because it has less fat and I also heard it as less carb! ! Okay first of all I was glad she took the breast bt wtf since when did chicken contain carbs?? I know its nt funny bt it was quit interesting in some way

Comment

• Maybe grain fed chickens have residual carbs.
                                I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

Working...
                                X