No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep coconut oil. sad eh? but she is not paleo just mostly gluten free if she feels like it.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• Well, given the alternatives I would take a rice krispie treat made with coconut oil and GF rice krispies. On my 'non paleo' scale that is at least better than the other options, with minimal digestive consequences. Plus, with the virgin CO those taste good!

On the rare time that I make them, I make my own marshmallow with egg whites and sugar (no corn syrup). For a long time my DS was both gluten and dairy free for digestive intolerance. That means that options for treats are pretty limited. And yes, I give my kids treats. And if they are the only kid in the school not having a cupcake, it is really hard to explain that to a kid. GF/DF rice krispie treats were something special that he could have and enjoy.

Comment

• FB Moment

I posted a picture of my fabulous Paleo Breakfast (eggs, bacon and tomato) in Facebook.

Most of the comments were the “Yummy, Love Bacon!” style, but this 1 friend said: “It looks so scary. Cholesterol-Bomb and right in the morning! Are you crazy?” When I tried explaining that these were GOOD fats and cholesterols – she disagreed.

I didn’t bother explaining further. I guess she just has to see how much better I am feeling and looking than she is :P
        Last edited by natashik85; 09-18-2013, 12:53 AM.
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94235.html
        Starting weight (1.Sep 2013): 88.1 kg
        Current weight: 84.6 kg
        Goal weight: 66 kg
        Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep loosing it

Comment

• It makes me sad that people are "afraid" of bacon and eggs.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Dad, swears he is gluten free, even requests it at the rare restaurant dining experience.

Then orders a Guinness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal_BK View Post
              Dad, swears he is gluten free, even requests it at the rare restaurant dining experience.

Then orders a Guinness.
              ... *sniggers*
              Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal_BK View Post
                Dad, swears he is gluten free, even requests it at the rare restaurant dining experience.

Then orders a Guinness.
                To his credit...totally worth it.
                "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                --Hyperlithic

Comment

• Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                  To his credit...totally worth it.
                  Agreed!

Comment

• Originally posted by natashik85 View Post
                    I posted a picture of my fabulous Paleo Breakfast (eggs, bacon and tomato) in Facebook.

Most of the comments were the “Yummy, Love Bacon!” style, but this 1 friend said: “It looks so scary. Cholesterol-Bomb and right in the morning! Are you crazy?” When I tried explaining that these were GOOD fats and cholesterols – she disagreed.

I didn’t bother explaining further. I guess she just has to see how much better I am feeling and looking than she is :P
                    now you must post your meals regularly, so she won't think her passive aggressive comments made her win
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

• now you must post your meals regularly, so she won't think her passive aggressive comments made her win
                      Or you can post my breakfast from the other day:
                      bacon and sausage scrambled with 3 eggs. Shredded kerrygold cheese. Coffee with heavy cream.

Breakfast of champions, LOL

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                        Or you can post my breakfast from the other day:
                        bacon and sausage scrambled with 3 eggs. Shredded kerrygold cheese. Coffee with heavy cream.

Breakfast of champions, LOL
                        And dinner! I have coffee with heavy cream in the morning and then nothing until dinner. Tonight it was 2 hardboiled eggs mashed in homemade mayo while I fried three eggs in butter and a bed of asiago cheese and oven baked six slices of bacon. And dark chocolate. I feel so great now- but was definitely having a hard time finishing the meal!

Comment

• Breakfast was Bacon, and eggs, with cheese, and I put a dab (2 tbls) of Kerrygold on them, then had Buttered Coffee (bulletproof) for going to work (butter, MCT oil, plain gelatin powder, and collagen powder)...

Funny CW: well, not that funny, but a co-worker has just been diagnosed with Gluten Intolerance. She is convinced her life is over. I'm standing there, telling her "You can always come eat at my place"

Comment

• I stumble upon this list of healthy recipes substitutions on Pinterest, some may be good ideas but these?

Black beans for flour--
                            Swapping out flour for a can of back beans (drained and rinsed, of course) in brownies is a great way to cut out the gluten and fit in an extra dose of protein, Plus, they taste great. When baking, swap out 1 cup flour for 1 cup black bean puree (about a 15oz can).

Marshmallow Fluff for frosting--
                            Replacing the fat and sugar in frosting with marshmallow achieves the perfect consistency with many fewer calories. While two tablespoons of marshmallow has just 40 calories and 6 grams of sugar (and no fat!), the same amount of conventional frosting can pack up to 100 calories, 14 grams of sugar, and 5 grams of fat. Need we go on?

Two egg whites for one whole egg --
                            One egg yolk holds more than half the recommended daily cholesterol for the average adult. Trading out the yolk for a second white will cut out the cholesterol while doubling the protein. If making a dish that requires more eggs, keep one to two yolks for their rich vitamins A, E, D, and K content, but consider swapping out the rest.

White-meat, skinless poultry for dark-meat poultry --
                            The biggest chicken debate to date: white meat vs. dark meat. And the white meat has it beat lower in calories and fat, higher in protein and iron.

Ground Turkey for ground beef --
                            Ground turkey (or chicken) is a great substitute for ground beef to cut down on saturated fat and calories. Reminder: Because of the lower fat content, ground poultry often ends up drier than beef, but a few tablespoons of chicken stock can solve the problem in a snap!

Comment

• Originally posted by Primitiva View Post
                              Ground Turkey for ground beef --
                              Ground turkey (or chicken) is a great substitute for ground beef to cut down on saturated fat and calories. Reminder: Because of the lower fat content, ground poultry often ends up drier than beef, but a few tablespoons of chicken stock can solve the problem in a snap!

Ugh. Unfortunately this one hits home. I was a fool when I listened to my trainer when I had one. He was watching every single thing I ate and I brought in my food journal to him a couple times a week. One day I was very proud of the fact that I made taco soup with ground beef. He scolded me for how much beef I was eating and told me to switch it to ground turkey. :face palm:

And...black beans instead of flour?? Did I read that correctly?

Comment

• Wait, white meat chicken is higher in iron than dark?? I always heard the opposite.

Somebody made that black bean brownie concoction and brought it to a running group 'healthy' breakfast. If you want chocolates stuff without flour why not make a flour less chocolate cake or mousse?

Comment

Working...
                                X