No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm trying to read this whole thread and let me tell you, I might be done by 2017. I was going to wait to post until I finished but I can't take it lol.

Today I decided to try some coffee without ordering the sugary types of drinks I normally get at Starbucks. So I ask if they have heavy cream and they say yes... Score. So I order a latte with heavy cream. Waiting for my drink and I hear "Latte for Brianne with..... hea... heavy...cream." I get up and as I walk to the counter literally all of the baristas are watching to see who ordered such a thing. I smiled and said "thank you!!" It tasted fabulous!

I have a coworker who lost about the same amount of weight as me last year (but she was using CW), the difference between us is that I lost about 55 lbs in less than 7 months with diet alone... She lost about 60 lbs over the course of a couple years by living at the gym and eating crappy food and restricting calories and such. At one point she asked me what my maintenance plan was now that I lost all this weight. I said..."maintenance plan...what do you mean?" She says something about what am I going to eat now that I lost all this weight so I don't gain it back once my diet is over. She proceeded to tell me that we have to have a maintenance plan and that she was going to do blah blah blah... I said "ummm, I'm not doing any maintenance plan because this is a lifestyle change, I plan to eat this way for the rest of my life or until such a time it stops working for me.." She was so offended and got all bitchy with me. People are ridiculous sometimes lol.

The funny thing is we both hit a plateau and while I successfully kept all my weight off until now, she's gone up and down in weight and size a couple times and tortures herself by going to the gym like crazy and dieting and basically struggles while I'm over here maintaining my weight without any struggle at all. She hates it. Jealousy is ugly. I've tried telling her about PB... It's her choice not to listen I guess haha.

Comment

• The funny thing is we both hit a plateau and while I successfully kept all my weight off until now, she's gone up and down in weight and size a couple times and tortures herself by going to the gym like crazy and dieting and basically struggles while I'm over here maintaining my weight without any struggle at all. She hates it. Jealousy is ugly. I've tried telling her about PB... It's her choice not to listen I guess haha.
      Plus you are drinking coffee with heavy cream, and I assume bacon, eggs and dark chocolate. But hey, I bet she gets quinoa, wheat bread and fat free cookies. You know, you had to give up stuff like multi grain pitas and tortillas in exchange for.... steak.

If you add in some heavy lifting, you can also enjoy the fun of gaining weight while getting smaller and making yourself able to eat more food. That will really piss her off.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• [QUOTE=eKatherine;1303833]The guy who lost weight eating nothing but Twinkies was getting maybe 8-10g of protein A DAY. Think about that.[/QUOTE

Try talking to a veg@n evidently the whole protein thing is a myth...LOL!
        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
        PS
        Don't forget to play!

Comment

• An article discovers not all fat is evil. Oh shit guys they're on to us.

"Now, new research about the various dietary fats has shown that fatty fish, with their high levels of a polyunsaturated fatty acid known as omega-3, may be even more useful than polyunsaturated vegetable oils, like corn and safflower oil, when it comes to lowering blood cholesterol levels."

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
            An article discovers not all fat is evil. Oh shit guys they're on to us.

"Now, new research about the various dietary fats has shown that fatty fish, with their high levels of a polyunsaturated fatty acid known as omega-3, may be even more useful than polyunsaturated vegetable oils, like corn and safflower oil, when it comes to lowering blood cholesterol levels."
            There goes the price of canned sardines!
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              There goes the price of canned sardines!
              I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 cans of sardines on hand. Every time the good ones are on sale I grab more.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

• Originally posted by fifer View Post
                It's cherries right? Because if you accidentally bite on a stone you get a shock, and a shock can upset your system and give you a heart attack... right?
                I've been cheating death, then.

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                  Plus you are drinking coffee with heavy cream, and I assume bacon, eggs and dark chocolate. But hey, I bet she gets quinoa, wheat bread and fat free cookies. You know, you had to give up stuff like multi grain pitas and tortillas in exchange for.... steak.

If you add in some heavy lifting, you can also enjoy the fun of gaining weight while getting smaller and making yourself able to eat more food. That will really piss her off.
                  Lol! Oh I had bacon twice today...and dark chocolate, and eggs lol. Ooh and some hollandaise sauce!

I'm finally getting into the fitness portion of PB so I'm hoping I can finally reach the last of my goals! It's amazing how much progress I'm making each week with the different progressions.

Comment

• Funny moment at home. Dd and I are studying. I am studying EMT Paramedic, she is studying Sociology. We had to go out and rescue a chick that went walkabout. So, we come in and she asks me what I'm studying. I say Primal (I was reading the CW thread at the moment). Then I said, now I'm studying agricultural emergencies and she says, "Oh, you mean like, "we must eat fats, what shall we do??? We have to farm GMO corn, so we can drink diesel fuel..." I said no, real ag emergencies like getting run over by a combine. She and I had a good laugh about that one.

They come around, one step at a time. It's a beautiful thing.
                    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                    Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Originally posted by sires6 View Post
                      Funny moment at home. Dd and I are studying. I am studying EMT Paramedic, she is studying Sociology. We had to go out and rescue a chick that went walkabout. So, we come in and she asks me what I'm studying. I say Primal (I was reading the CW thread at the moment). Then I said, now I'm studying agricultural emergencies and she says, "Oh, you mean like, "we must eat fats, what shall we do??? We have to farm GMO corn, so we can drink diesel fuel..." I said no, real ag emergencies like getting run over by a combine. She and I had a good laugh about that one.

They come around, one step at a time. It's a beautiful thing.
                      That is a great story!

Comment

• I was visiting my dad, out of town, and went to his local grocery store for some provisions. I was looking at the amazing number of different kinds of no-fat and low-fat + lotsasugar yogurts, and a lady who was also looking at yogurt asked if she could help me find what I was looking for (she recommended Yoplait no-fat with fruit as "delicious").

I told her I was looking for plain, full-fat yogurt.

She actually took a couple steps away from me and looked at me as if I had suddenly grown a second head.

I never did find any full-fat yogurt there. *sigh*

I did get a good laugh at her reaction, though!

Comment

• I was reading a fitness magazine and it says to eat no more than 2 eggs a day. I guess I am screwed according to their standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaceyK View Post
                            I was reading a fitness magazine and it says to eat no more than 2 eggs a day. I guess I am screwed according to their standards.
                            We'll all be dead tomorrow! LOL

Comment

• I have something like 4-5 per day/2 dozen per week. And that's just the work week =P
                              My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
                              (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
                              Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
                              (Red Dwarf)

Comment

• I had 12 eggs yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X