Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think a big part of the problem is people view giving up grains and sugar like "I will never have pizza or cake again" and are like, oh I can never do that.

    You don't have to "give up" anything for good. Oh yeah, cut way back. Make it occasional. But I think when you tell people they have to eliminate something forever, people know it is not realistic.

    I think a good idea comes from the vegetarian movement- "Meatless Mondays". Take one day, eat no meat (OK, not us), but maybe encourage friends to try breadless/grainless days and meals. And maybe be honest and tell people that you can still have occasional pizza, beer and sweets. Very occasional.

    I also am of the mindset, you should eat what you want. This whole thing of people judging the plates of others is so overdone.

    http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

    Comment


    • Typical CW Story: My sister, who is a wonderful person and whom I love dearly, eats a fairly healthy diet as far as CW is concerned. Heavy on the whole grains and legumes (I used to eat this way too). She is in fairly good shape and looks great. She is always complaining of headaches and being tired (she will sleep an entire Saturday away) and constantly hungry. She eats all the time. I told her that maybe she should cut back on the grains, pastas and legumes. She said "but that's what I live on." I said, that's the point.

      I'm still carrying extra weight, but I feel so much better than she does - I haven't had a headache in almost a year, and I don't have cravings anymore. Maybe once the weight is off completely, she'll be more open.

      Oh well. We can only lead and encourage!

      Comment


      • The unspoken assumptions about vegetarianism in our culture are that
        1. the decision to be a vegetarian is by default deserving of respect, in a way no other WOE is;
        2. vegetarians will be and are quite right to be offended if you were to eat meat in their presence;
        3. and so it is considered a sign of respect for the choices that a vegetarian has made to eat vegetarian when you are in the presence of vegetarian friends.

        Not to do so would be considered disrepectful and poor etiquette in general. So the vegetarians in that instance felt entitled to enforce these rules, and their friend backed down rather than order that steak.

        Comment


        • My response to them would be "I am eating healthy, see? no bread and lots of meat and veg. " Then offer to discuss the relative nutritional value of their food to mine. No one ever takes me up on it.
          Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

          Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
            I think a big part of the problem is people view giving up grains and sugar like "I will never have pizza or cake again" and are like, oh I can never do that.

            You don't have to "give up" anything for good. Oh yeah, cut way back. Make it occasional. But I think when you tell people they have to eliminate something forever, people know it is not realistic.

            I think a good idea comes from the vegetarian movement- "Meatless Mondays". Take one day, eat no meat (OK, not us), but maybe encourage friends to try breadless/grainless days and meals. And maybe be honest and tell people that you can still have occasional pizza, beer and sweets. Very occasional.

            I also am of the mindset, you should eat what you want. This whole thing of people judging the plates of others is so overdone.
            That's true... when I go out to a restaurant, I get the molten lava cake. I have very little reaction to gluten so why not live a little? But I think eliminating them almost entirely is realistic. I never have grains aside from special occasions, and I don't miss them. All the meat makes up for it.
            Out of context quote for the day:

            Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
              That's true... when I go out to a restaurant, I get the molten lava cake. I have very little reaction to gluten so why not live a little? But I think eliminating them almost entirely is realistic. I never have grains aside from special occasions, and I don't miss them. All the meat makes up for it.
              One of my favorite desserts!
              Depression Lies

              Comment


              • Kind of funny:

                I am a paramedic student and two things. We're at lunch and everyone is eating sandwiches and soda. Or buying packaged crap. Me, home grown eggs, with local hamburger, local cheese, salsa for breakfast, local greens, ground beef, roasted eggplant, cukes and home made salad dressing for lunch. Guess who's the only one wide awake?

                Second, reading the book for the next session, guess what the food/dietary guidelines say you should eat to limit stress? "My plate" guidelines, of course.

                :face palm:
                The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                Psalms 144:15

                Annie Sires

                Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                Pope John Paul II

                Comment


                • Saw a commercial for Keebler cookies. It showed "new" ingredients for their cookies which were butter, eggs and a heaping pile of white sugar. The caption? "Made from the same ingredients you find in your kitchen!"

                  Sorry, threw all that white sugar out a while ago!

                  Comment


                  • Bathroom in Super Supplements had a poster of a starvy person running, no muscle on their arms, and a motivational message. Like we should strive to look starvy.
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jodi29 View Post
                      Saw a commercial for Keebler cookies. It showed "new" ingredients for their cookies which were butter, eggs and a heaping pile of white sugar. The caption? "Made from the same ingredients you find in your kitchen!"

                      Sorry, threw all that white sugar out a while ago!
                      My question is, what were they made of before? Do we want to know?
                      Out of context quote for the day:

                      Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Seaglassgreen View Post
                        This is a picture of the ingredients for a "Weight watchers friendly cake" I saw on Pinterest.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]12758[/ATTACH]
                        Being British, living in the UK, most of those 'ingredients' are odd to begin with. Having translated them into their UK counterparts I just swallowed a little bit of sick.
                        I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
                          Had an induction today at my recently joined gym.
                          My fitness kid instructor suggested I eat 6-8 small meals a day consisting of..............

                          Wholemeal bread
                          Pasta
                          Rice
                          Potato
                          Cut fat off all meats
                          Don't eat too much protein.


                          Apart from the advice it's a canny gym like!
                          What do you expect from mackemland????? And we'll hammer you ;-)
                          I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                            The unspoken assumptions about vegetarianism in our culture are that
                            1. the decision to be a vegetarian is by default deserving of respect, in a way no other WOE is;
                            2. vegetarians will be and are quite right to be offended if you were to eat meat in their presence;
                            3. and so it is considered a sign of respect for the choices that a vegetarian has made to eat vegetarian when you are in the presence of vegetarian friends.

                            Not to do so would be considered disrepectful and poor etiquette in general. So the vegetarians in that instance felt entitled to enforce these rules, and their friend backed down rather than order that steak.
                            THAT! They are the ethical ones, the environment-nature-animal friendly ones, the healthy ones, they feel sick at the mere smell of meat, they will never opt for 80/20%. Ever tried to feed a vegan his 20% steak ? We are the evil ones, who have to be ashamed of our food choices and keep our mouths shut in presence of any vegan/vegetarian. Its considered unethical to tell them that their choice is unhealthy while its perfectly ok for them to say the same of our food. "My food shits on your food!" thats what I want to tell them. But I am polite and keep quiet not to hurt them. Or maybe I should, the young girl next door who is a really nice person, with lots of compassion, she is ruining her health now for no good at all, although she might turn her enthusiasm towards better practices in animal farming or something along these lines?

                            Comment


                            • So should I assume that all vegans and vegetarians are only eating locally grown and organic produce? Nothing shipped from across the country, no mega farm fruits and vegetables which are mono crops destroying all the animals which used to live on that acreage?

                              Comment


                              • Same as we can assume all primals are eating only ethically raised, local animals and "approved" foods. I don't see any reason for anyone to criticize and judge someone else for trying to limit animal's suffering. If they are being obnoxious about it, that's on them and their own insecurity. Same goes for the hard core paleo prophets as well. There are plenty of other threads dissing other's WOE on less accepting websites. Let's not forget that Mark's family also sports a vegetarian and pescitarian.

                                Now let's get back to the face palming...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X