Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kathleen View Post
    I know someone who takes 1 baby aspirin per day (he's in his 50s) because it's apparently recommended to help against heart problems (?!?!?)
    blood thinner
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
      blood thinner
      But what about all those people with regular blood thickness that don't have heart problems?
      Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
      Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
      Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
      F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• preventative blood thinner

people get inundated with scare commercials 'and suddenly i was having a heart attack, if i hadn't been taking baby acetaminophen i'd be dead at age 22'
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• Originally posted by kathleen View Post
          But what about all those people with regular blood thickness that don't have heart problems?
          Not sure the concern.... the "blood thinning" effect of a baby aspirin should have no adverse effects on a healthy person with no heart problems..... The term "blood thinning" is a mis-nomer. Aspirin doesn't make your blood thin. It inhibits platelets clotting action, so it "thins" the blood, meaning your blood doesn't clot as fast. The viscosity of the fluid doesn't change... drinking a crap ton of water has more actual blood "thinning" effect than aspirin.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
            Not sure the concern.... the "blood thinning" effect of a baby aspirin should have no adverse effects on a healthy person with no heart problems..... The term "blood thinning" is a mis-nomer. Aspirin doesn't make your blood thin. It inhibits platelets clotting action, so it "thins" the blood, meaning your blood doesn't clot as fast. The viscosity of the fluid doesn't change... drinking a crap ton of water has more actual blood "thinning" effect than aspirin.
            My Dad, a doctor, took aspirin... until he died of congestive heart failure at 66. Aspirin, like statins, doesn't cure the underlying problem any more than removing every other house in a neighborhood would stop crime. Have to cure the problem, not the symptom. America is such a symptom hypochondriac.

It's like in the new version of Star Trek, where Bones keeps running around "You got [x symptom] I got something for that!" That IS America at it's worst!
            The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
            Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
            Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxidd1979 View Post
              Yeah, growing but slowly. Lots of Crossfit gym are praising paleo/primal tho. Mine does.
              Can't seem to find alot of grassfed beef or freerang chicken in the west island. Managed to find freerang eggs at twice the price than regular.
              I'm thinking of ordering 1/4 of a cow from a farmer. Any tips where you shop?
              I shop for meat in Verdun, at Mc Cormack Meats on d'leglise. For eggs I go to Jean Talon market, I get free range organic eggs 60 for 15$. msg me if you want to go to the market, I will happily introduce you to La Capitane.
              Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

preventative blood thinner

people get inundated with scare commercials 'and suddenly i was having a heart attack, if i hadn't been taking baby acetaminophen i'd be dead at age 22'
                Aspirin and acetaminophen are completely different. When doctors advise aspirin they are asking for a very small dose and it is an anti-inflammatory.

Acetaminophen works for pain but is not helpful for cardiac issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by tapper47 View Post
                  Aspirin and acetaminophen are completely different. When doctors advise aspirin they are asking for a very small dose and it is an anti-inflammatory.

Acetaminophen works for pain but is not helpful for cardiac issues.
                  She was being facetious/poking fun, bro.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                    I shop for meat in Verdun, at Mc Cormack Meats on d'leglise. For eggs I go to Jean Talon market, I get free range organic eggs 60 for 15$. msg me if you want to go to the market, I will happily introduce you to La Capitane.
                    On of my colleague just told me about that guy this morning! Thanks for the tip! 60 for 15$ is really a good price.

Comment

• This isn't really paleo vs. CW, but at Starbucks this morning, this girl went on a really loud rant about "iced, I want iced, it's 100 outside. Nobody should be ALLOWED to get hot coffee today!"

Um... First of all, it's in the 70's (but humid and, truthfully, kinda gross), second of all... Hot drinks on a hot day actually help your body regulate temperature...

She was so adamant about it, I was almost afraid she'd knock my (hot) americano out of my hand as I passed by. Lol.

Comment

• My friend: "Man, I don't know how you eat like that. A meal feels empty without a side of bread."
                        Me: "That's how I feel about vegetables."
                        Friend: "You're weird."

Also...has anybody else seen that terrible General Mills commercial with the family grocery shopping? It talks up the "health" aspects of their cereal and ends with something along the lines of "That's right. We're getting Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. That's how nutrition is done, people. Boom!

I mean, I don't think you have to be primal to know that Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Crunch aren't good for you.....

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          She was being facetious/poking fun, bro.
                          Okay but for lurkers who didn't know, see post.

Comment

• stop trying to push me into the box of conformity!

let me express myself!
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

stop trying to push me into the box of conformity!

let me express myself!
                              Monty Python started off the same way....

They were horrified that future comedians were classified as 'pythonesque', since their goal was to break all boundaries and be unclassifiable.
                              Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                              5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                              Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                              TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                              bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• A friend posted this on fb today and it made me a little sad. What a horrible thing to do to your body.

Inspired or insane: 365 marathons in 365 days | The Border Mail

Comment

Working...
                                X