Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
    I thought the season on it was year-round...
    Not when it's -20 to - 40 for 6 months..
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
      I thought the season on it was year-round...
      It is, in Texas and other, more temperate areas. When you live far enough north, there's this mystery of negative temperatures that is apparently quite frequent. Same goes for white stuff on the ground.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        It is, in Texas and other, more temperate areas. When you live far enough north, there's this mystery of negative temperatures that is apparently quite frequent. Same goes for white stuff on the ground.
        That's just weeeeeeird.
        Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

What does that have to do with BBQ season. I just put on a coat and a hat and fire up the puppy. Eating outdoors is another thing. I will grant you in very cold temps it takes quite awhile to preheat the grill.
          MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

• Some people here BBQ at -20C, although I have never had the inclination.
            Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

• Originally posted by runnergal View Post
              What does that have to do with BBQ season. I just put on a coat and a hat and fire up the puppy. Eating outdoors is another thing. I will grant you in very cold temps it takes quite awhile to preheat the grill.
              We are not into standing in 46 F weather, with rain and wind, to barbecue. That gives us a...3 month...? season. (OK, we make it more like 5. But eat inside).
              I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
              Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
              "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post

You are crazy because wheat is so wholesome, yummy, so good for you and in so many tasty things OMGWTFBBQ!!!1!!
                ThinkGeek :: OMGWTFBBQ Apron
                I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

• If we had a BBQ, it would used year-round. Though eating outside would only be 2-3 months of year.
                  Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• Originally posted by gojirama View Post
                    BEST.APRON. EVER.
                    roflmao!
                    Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• Originally posted by JKC View Post
                      Some people here BBQ at -20C, although I have never had the inclination.
                      My father uses his BBQ down to about -30C, at which point the propane doesn't flow enough to work well.
                      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by angorarabbit View Post
                        regarding a trip to france next summer and my past pastry obsession...

Dh: You know honey, since you've given up bread what are you going to do when we go to france? You won't be able to any croissants!

Me: Are you kidding? If i make it to france i'm eating my way through every patisserie i can find. I'll be horribly miserable and bloated and gassy and pimply and probably drunk but you'll just have to deal with me.

Dh: You'll be drunk?

Me: Well since i can only bring one bottle of wine back with me, i'll just have to drink all the wine when i'm there!

Dh: So i'll be touring france with my fat, drunk and flatulent wife.

Me: Exactly!

Dh: Now there's the wife i married!

10 minutes later...

Me: Are you calling me a fat drunk?
                        i lol'd!!!!
                        "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

11 more lbs to go

Comment

• Originally posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
                          Not when it's -20 to - 40 for 6 months..
                          I BBQ year round in those conditions. Parka and mitts on, touque & hood snugged. Most of the time I can still get the steaks to the proper doneness while figuring in the effects of the temperatures on cooking time. Only time it doesn't work so well is when it's too windy.
                          My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                            I BBQ year round in those conditions. Parka and mitts on, touque & hood snugged. Most of the time I can still get the steaks to the proper doneness while figuring in the effects of the temperatures on cooking time. Only time it doesn't work so well is when it's too windy.
                            In Awe... I hibernate in those weathers..

11 more lbs to go

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                              My diagnosis: she's practicing Munchausen by proxy.
                              Nope, regular Munchausen. Munchausen by proxy is hurting someone else for pity (the "proxy"), and, as she is harming herself, it is regular Munchausen.
                              In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Same goes for white stuff on the ground.
                                My fault, sorry.
                                In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Working...
                                X