No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck to they expect to learn from lumping bologna and steak and fast foods into the same category???

Comment

• It's like the worst kind of push-polling.

Comment

• While talking with a group of moms yesterday, one made the comment that her hubby was making a trip to his army base for the week. She sent him with a long list of groceries to buy at the commissary, because you could get 10 Lunchables for $10.00! Not five minutes later she was lamenting how difficult it was going to be for her 5 year old son to make it through a full day of kindergarten because he would even have had trouble sitting through the old-fashioned 3 hour half day one.
        Now I'm a school teacher myself, and I know it's hard for 5 year old little boys to sit still in a classroom, but let's at least try to give them the tools to help!

Comment

• Finally made it to the end of this thread, it was like some epic, funny/sad right of passage

My funny CW moment-

Me (to co-worker): sugar is really bad for you, it's half fructose and half...
          Co-worker (interrupts): no hang on, that's not right; fructose is what's in fruit...
          Me: And where does sugar come from?
          Co-worker: ......uh.....I don't know...

Oh dear. And yes, I did enlighten her, small steps...

Comment

• And on the subject of eggs, we have 6 hens, all hybrids around 4 months old. They started out laying little eggs, these got bigger over a week or so, now we get 6 eggs per day, most are on the small side of normal, but we also get about 5 eggs per week which are HUGE and have 2 yolks.

People: do you sell the excess eggs?
            Me: Er, what excess?

OR

People: what do you do with the eggs?
            Me: ...huh?.....we eat them...

/wonders ...what the hell do THEY do with eggs?
            Last edited by Primal-V; 07-11-2013, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Eggs! Fried Chicken! Tacos!

What the hell? I thought people liked eggs now.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Tons of friends end up posting about "getting healthy" and "starting a health challenge" on facebook, and without fail it's some "detox" and supplement and packaged crap program. Just saw another one this morning.

It's really hard not to post stuff like "So...what happens after that 21 days?" or "Wouldn't it be easier to just not eat crappy food?" or "I just put a note on my calendar to check in and see how your health is 6 months from now" or "I dunno; I like eating a bunch of bacon and being super healthy, but that's just me I guess."

Hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                  Tons of friends end up posting about "getting healthy" and "starting a health challenge" on facebook, and without fail it's some "detox" and supplement and packaged crap program. Just saw another one this morning.

It's really hard not to post stuff like "So...what happens after that 21 days?" or "Wouldn't it be easier to just not eat crappy food?" or "I just put a note on my calendar to check in and see how your health is 6 months from now" or "I dunno; I like eating a bunch of bacon and being super healthy, but that's just me I guess."

Hard.
                  I'm that annoying Facebook person who shares every article about eating more fat, don't eat wheat, lift more weights, do less cardio. I don't preach or say you should be doing this, just sharing the information to those who want to read it and discover health for themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                    Tons of friends end up posting about "getting healthy" and "starting a health challenge" on facebook, and without fail it's some "detox" and supplement and packaged crap program. Just saw another one this morning.
                    Someone posted on Facebook a few days ago: "2 days til cheat meal day… what's the best cheat you can think of?" All the suggestions were things like rib eye, prime rib, baby back ribs, potatoes with REAL butter, eggs Benedict. No idea what diet she's following, but it sounds terrible.

Comment

• those are cheat meals? but i use butter all the time. on everything.
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

• I was in a supermarket recently and they were selling off loaves of bread for 15p

People were stacking up their trolleys and walking around with big big smiles on their faces. If only they knew.
                        FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                          those are cheat meals? but i use butter all the time. on everything.
                          I know! No wonder she's obsessing about her cheat meals 2 days ahead of time. She must be eating extremely unsatisfying food.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
                            I was in a supermarket recently and they were selling off loaves of bread for 15p

People were stacking up their trolleys and walking around with big big smiles on their faces. If only they knew.
                            I was in Cairo stocking up on food prior to the June 30th rallies against the president, it was expected to get bad and it did, not as bad as it could have been.

Anyway, people were packed in the market stocking up on food prior to that date. It looked like the grocery stores in the Southern USA when a hurricane is coming. People had their carts piled high with pastas, breads and boxes, literally large boxes, of some type of potato chips (crisps).

I just stocked up on my meats, eggs and a few veggies and snuck out.
                            Randal
                            AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                            Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                            http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• Tons of friends end up posting about "getting healthy" and "starting a health challenge" on facebook, and without fail it's some "detox" and supplement and packaged crap program. Just saw another one this morning.
                              I get all the Body By Vi and Shakeology pimps on my FB. They are all still fat despite selling the stuff for months. I think the Body by Vi is a pyramid scheme.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                                I think the Body by Vi is a pyramid scheme.
                                It is.

Comment

Working...
                                X