Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Because you don't want to support the meat industry and don't have the money/resources to feed humane options. The cheapest beef I can find locally that I know is humanely raised and processed is $6 a lb and not in a consistent supply.
    I get mine a lot cheaper than that by buying in large quantities (1/4 cow) but I know that's not an option for everyone.

Comment

Because you don't want to support the meat industry and don't have the money/resources to feed humane options. The cheapest beef I can find locally that I know is humanely raised and processed is $6 a lb and not in a consistent supply.
      Well that's still only $12 a kilo which should either feed you for several days, or feed a whole family. You couldn't buy takeaways for that. Or maybe you could, but I wouldnt' be able to.
      Annie Ups the Ante
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Well that's still only $12 a kilo which should either feed you for several days, or feed a whole family. You couldn't buy takeaways for that. Or maybe you could, but I wouldnt' be able to.
        Yup, but most people could not afford to feed that to dog(s). Heck yeah, good meat is cheaper than junk food, but hands down, a vegetarian diet be it for people or dogs is the cheapest option.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Yup, but most people could not afford to feed that to dog(s). Heck yeah, good meat is cheaper than junk food, but hands down, a vegetarian diet be it for people or dogs is the cheapest option.
          Then perhaps they should've gotten a rabbit...
          Last edited by Jorjor; 06-24-2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorjor View Post
            Then perhaps they should've gotten a rabbit...
            Which later on they could eat and thus further not support the meat industry...sounds like win-win.

Comment

• but how much would one spend on raising rabbits for food stuffs
              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                but how much would one spend on raising rabbits for food stuffs
                I would assume not much if one could find a cheap supply of Timothy hay.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                  Which later on they could eat and thus further not support the meat industry...sounds like win-win.
                  Not exactly what I had in mind, LMAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                    but how much would one spend on raising rabbits for food stuffs
                    Knowing how fast rabbits multiply, you'd probably have a few weeks of meat supply before you got home from the pet store with the first bag of bunny chow.
                    "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

• Originally posted by ilovesteak View Post
                      Knowing how fast rabbits multiply, you'd probably have a few weeks of meat supply before you got home from the pet store with the first bag of bunny chow.

Not far from the truth there - it's their ability to breed quickly without being to demanding in terms of diet that has made them very popular meat sources for urban homesteaders. In WWII, British homes were encouraged to raise meat rabbits because of rationing.
                      Healthy Bucket List:
                      • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
                      • Hike the Appalachian Trail
                      • Do a real pull-up
                      • Run a 5k
                      • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        I would assume not much if one could find a cheap supply of Timothy hay.
                        Can't find any Timothy hay, but Bubba has hay across the street that's pretty cheap!

Comment

• My dog eats primally pretty much. she mostly just eats our table scraps, both meat and vegetable.

Comment

• Newbie here, just wanted to share my experience today which I know will make you all groan.

Went to see a new Nurse Practitioner today for a physical and to review blood work. My labs were all very good, even though I was eating crap when they were taken. Thyroid numbers all normal, fasting blood glucose of 98. I need to lose a substantial amount of weight (about 100 lbs) so I was interested to hear their advice (without me mentioning Primal). Here was the advice I was given -

-Follow the American Diabetes Association diet (no coconut oil, butter, lots of whole wheat bs, only the leanest of meats etc)

-Eat 6-7 small meals a day to "regulate glucose and avoid wild swings"

-NEVER skip a meal

-Keep lots of "healthy" snacks around - the infamous "100 calorie packs" was brought up several times. She encouraged "grazing" throughout the day.

-She recommended 2 supplements - green coffee and "some kind of berry" that she doesn't know much about, but Dr. Oz (!!) had them on his show and endorses them as safe metabolism enhancers! I almost fell out of my chair.

She also wrote me a prescription for Metformin.....it will go unfilled.

I was trying out this practice but now see it is not for me. What a waste of time!

~ Jen

Comment

• Originally posted by JenCRNA View Post
                              -Follow the American Diabetes Association diet (no coconut oil, butter, lots of whole wheat bs, only the leanest of meats etc)

-Eat 6-7 small meals a day to "regulate glucose and avoid wild swings"

-NEVER skip a meal

-Keep lots of "healthy" snacks around - the infamous "100 calorie packs" was brought up several times. She encouraged "grazing" throughout the day.

-She recommended 2 supplements - green coffee and "some kind of berry" that she doesn't know much about, but Dr. Oz (!!) had them on his show and endorses them as safe metabolism enhancers!
                              I don't know - you might want to stick with her.

And just do the exact opposite of what she says.
                              Durp.

Comment

Oops sorry, don't know how I missed the doggy theme to this conversation.
                                Annie Ups the Ante
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Working...
                                X