No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahhhh can you imagine living in a country that does NOT know what hamburger helper is as well as other instant fake food? I would love it.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I used to eat that stuff a couple times a week.

Comment

• A good friend of mine goes to a fitness center that offers a lot of classes (Zumba, Bodypump, Pilates, etc). She went to a kickboxing class at around 1 PM one afternoon and struck up a conversation with a 20-something gal, who told my friend that the kickboxing class was her THIRD CLASS THAT DAY. It was only 1 PM.

Comment

• Large amount of girl scout cookies brought into work today. They didn't last very long. Pretty sad considering I work in the military.

Comment

• Woman I sort of know from high school has been posting about all her horrible health problems (she had gastric bypass years ago, is still really heavy, has a hospital trip once a month it seems), and the latest is that she was hospitalized and diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Low level chemo or something follows, meds, etc.

I sent her a message that was like "sorry to hear all that; have you looked into paleo? There's tons of research you might want to look at." Attached some links showing how helpful paleo is for tons of people with RA. She said thanks and that she would research it since she wanted to treat it without medicine if at all possible.

Next series of posts by her is how she feels so much better--well enough to make tons of fresh homemade bread, breaded pork chops, and fresh rolls for the whole family...

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Comment

• Damn...I feel like you are really young Mr. Anthony. (20's?) and it is disturbing that one of your classmates is suffering so badly already from "lifestyle disease". What's she going to look like at 40?

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                Damn...I feel like you are really young Mr. Anthony. (20's?) and it is disturbing that one of your classmates is suffering so badly already from "lifestyle disease". What's she going to look like at 40?
                Just turned 33, but I'm pretty immature, so that helps.

I do feel substantially younger than most people my age, though. Abs, full head of hair, no gray hair, no wrinkles, boyish enthusiasm for everything. Lots of times I'll be getting info from a client or whoever and realize they're like 28 but I assumed they were older than I am based on looks or health issues or whatever...

Comment

• Even early 30's though.... way to young for a person to lose their health.

Yeah... I seem to remember seeing your abs. You haven't posted any updated photos from whatever it was you were doing.

Comment

• And today from Facebook, a girl I know who has always been shaped exactly like a beer keg with legs put up a bunch of pictures of all these powders and pills and crap from some "detox" system she's doing to "get back in shape", and posted this status:

"Day 1 of my 24 day challenge and i already feel better than i have in a long time! I have already consumed 4 bottles of water, spark energy drink, fiber drink, meal replacement shake, an orange and a 1/4 cup of unsalted almonds. I have a ton of energy and I'm full. I'm making a chicken salad for lunch! Aside from all the fluid intake its no where near as hard as i thought it would be! here's to being healthy!!"

I really want to reply with something like "How, exactly is stuffing yourself with chemicals instead of real food healthy?" but I'm not going to...

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post

Even early 30's though.... way to young for a person to lose their health.

Yeah... I seem to remember seeing your abs. You haven't posted any updated photos from whatever it was you were doing.
                      I can confirm that rockin' abs were seen

Comment

• Originally posted by smartuko View Post
                        Large amount of girl scout cookies brought into work today. They didn't last very long. Pretty sad considering I work in the military.
                        I feel bad that *I* am the person peddling them in my workplace.
                        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• For my local Girl Scout chapter (well, the most local chapter), I saw them in HEB, walked up, and handed them a $20. When they asked what cookies I wanted I said "this doesn't go to corporate. This goes to y'all's chapter in it's entirety. Do whatever y'all need to do, but this doesn't go in the cookie fund, it goes to the girls for whatever the troop needs."
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Isn't the correct southern vernacular "This goes to all y'all's chapter"?

Just wondering ...
                            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• I can confirm that rockin' abs were seen
                              I was asking for an update. I imagine there are nice glutes as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                                Do whatever y'all need to do, but this doesn't go in the cookie fund, it goes to the girls for whatever the troop needs."
                                Loving that!
                                Durp.

Comment

Working...
                                X