Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amyeek View Post
    T. I rebelled against Slimming World [/url]
    So of course my nosey self had to go over and look around. Looked at their approved fruit list and all melons in the "M" section are ok except for watermelon (my favorite.) But all is well as watermelon was approved once I got into the "W's. Thanks for my first snort of the day.

Comment

• What the heck are "syns"?

Comment

• Syns are sins - you have to have 5-15 a day. This is where a big issue lay for me - so I HAVE to eat at least 1 pack of crisps / bar of chocolate a day, so I won't go off plan? But I don't eat that kind of stuff ...
        6 May 2014 - 149lbs
        15 May 2014 - 143lbs
        Goal - Healthy, lean, happy, somewhere around 9 stone.

Comment

• Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
          '

I had a discussion along these same lines with my SO who is about 100 lbs. over. She has constant hip pain. Likely degenerative. I mentioned that losing weight would help with that. She said that the problem would still be there.

I pointed out that losing weight, while it may not cure the problem, would reduce the amount of impact on the problem when she was walking.

But, she said, I would still have the problem.

Never mind.
          that was her subtle way of saying 'stfu about my weight D:<'
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
            Yeah.... but I'm trying to look good in a bikini. My health was fine 40lbs ago.
            I know it is just one guy's opinion, but I can safely say that you would look good in anything.

That is a good point though, I am all about health, but looking good naked/dressed is also a motivational goal.

on another note - a guy I work with is diabetic and cannot get his numbers where they need to be. He has 'changed his diet' - the only change is eating low carb waffles with sugar free syrup for breakfast instead of Captain Crunch. Everything else (chips, soda, pastries etc) stayed but that one change will make all the difference. *sighs*
            Last edited by canio6; 05-17-2013, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Hamburger Helper looks disturbing, having read the Wikipedia on it I still don't get it, it is a packet of pasta and herbs? how does it "help" a hamburger?

Comment

• Originally posted by fifer View Post
                Hamburger Helper looks disturbing, having read the Wikipedia on it I still don't get it, it is a packet of pasta and herbs? how does it "help" a hamburger?
                Hamburger is what they call mince in the US... So its "mince helper"(nasty nasty stuff that dosent help anything)
                Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                  Hamburger is what they call mince in the US... So its "mince helper"(nasty nasty stuff that dosent help anything)
                  so salty and yuck.. it tastes as bad as it sounds..
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                    so salty and yuck.. it tastes as bad as it sounds..
                    It's just funny that the junk in the box is supposed to help the hamburger (or mince, if you will), rather than the other way around.
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by fifer View Post
                      Hamburger Helper looks disturbing, having read the Wikipedia on it I still don't get it, it is a packet of pasta and herbs? how does it "help" a hamburger?
                      It saves lazy people from having to measure out their own pasta and seasoning mix.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                        I bought some yummy medjool dates for my carb refeed. I cut two in half, wrapped each half in bacon, and baked them as a treat for my (non-primal) boyfriend. Afterwards he is acting like he's in sugar shock from them, so I suggested I take his blood sugar with my glucose meter. NO NEEDLES, NO WAY, NEVER!

So what did he do? Ran to the refrigerator and poured himself a glass of code red. Um, hello?
                        Bacon wrapped dates are great if you stuff an almond in them before baking. It adds a nice texture to them. They are one of my favorite snacks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ErinF View Post
                          Bacon wrapped dates are great if you stuff an almond in them before baking. It adds a nice texture to them. They are one of my favorite snacks!
                          I like a funky wad of blue cheese in the middle!
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            I like a funky wad of blue cheese in the middle!
                            mmmmm... blue cheese!!
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I was at a wedding where one the of the hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail reception was a bacon wrapped date stuffed with chorizo. They were pretty fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErinF View Post
                                Thanks all for the hamburger=mince explanation!

My grandfather used to get as a Christmas treat, fat juicy stone-in dates. Remove the stone and replace with a brazil nut. They were my favourite Christmas treat!

Comment

Working...
                                X