No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone I know on Facebook shared a post that showed a huge KFC soda for $2.99 with proceeds going to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Next to the pic of the soda, it said:

"Buy a half gallon of soda (800 calories and 56 spoonfuls of soda) so KFC can donate a dollar to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Help find a cure for Type 1 diabetes by putting yourself at increased risk of Type 2 diabetes. Who is it that dreams this shit up?"

So far, so good. Except when she shared the pic, her comment was "I so want one of these".
    Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      Are they vampires too?
      I'm not sure. Even my short stint in Jersey in the early 90s, I didn't get in touch. I was a 20 minute drive away. I know one is a black widow - buried three husbands by the age of 35.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Yeaaaaaaa

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
          If those are really yours, nice work.
          Yes, it's me in the photo, but it's like the "face on Mars": a trick of light and shadow :P

Comment

• I was told by an overweight co-worker "Doing Atkins is not something that you can do forever, so as soon as you start eating regular again you will gain all the weight back, plus probably more. Everyone always does".

Try to explain I'm not doing "Atkins", but eliminated grains, sugar, etc., and no intention of ever adding them back. What a waste of breathe to someone who eats Doritos and Mountain Dew for breakfast, before a fast food lunch, candy bar afternoon snack, and has no intention of ever trying to get healthy.

Comment

• Odd how the people with the unhealthiest lifestyles feel they should give health advice to healthy-looking people.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                Odd how the people with the unhealthiest lifestyles feel they should give health advice to healthy-looking people.
                They know that they have an unhealthy lifestyle but they are inspired by healthy looking people and are, in essence, giving the advice to themselves to make a change. But it never goes beyond that for them. They just continue with their normal ways.
                "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

• Originally posted by ilovesteak View Post
                  They know that they have an unhealthy lifestyle but they are inspired by healthy looking people and are, in essence, giving the advice to themselves to make a change. But it never goes beyond that for them. They just continue with their normal ways.
                  true.. its a mental thing.
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Im still waiting to suffer from the heart attack my CW coworkers say Im going to have from all the butter I eat.

Comment

• Two "Funny CW Moments" today: 1) Co-worker brings in banana bread and assures me it's healthy because it's made with applesauce, oatmeal and fake sweetener. 2) Get a junk mail flyer advertising a frozen yogurt place. It has this hilarious scientific-looking bar graph from "Harvard" that supposedly proves eating yogurt, nuts and fruit helps people lose weight. If you actually read the scale on the chart, though, the people in this study lost half a pound over 4 years. That's pretty much meaningless. The same flyer talks about how you can get your supposedly healthy frozen yogurt on top of a brownie or a waffle.

Comment

• I bought some yummy medjool dates for my carb refeed. I cut two in half, wrapped each half in bacon, and baked them as a treat for my (non-primal) boyfriend. Afterwards he is acting like he's in sugar shock from them, so I suggested I take his blood sugar with my glucose meter. NO NEEDLES, NO WAY, NEVER!

So what did he do? Ran to the refrigerator and poured himself a glass of code red. Um, hello?

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                          I bought some yummy medjool dates for my carb refeed. I cut two in half, wrapped each half in bacon, and baked them as a treat for my (non-primal) boyfriend. Afterwards he is acting like he's in sugar shock from them, so I suggested I take his blood sugar with my glucose meter. NO NEEDLES, NO WAY, NEVER!

So what did he do? Ran to the refrigerator and poured himself a glass of code red. Um, hello?
                          Sitting here baffled...wow
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I love my inlaws and SO... seriously, they are now worried about me doing CrossFit. I come home sore on occasion. Yes, it is hard. But my back feels better than it has in years.

"When you are in your 60's you'll need a new hip or knees". You know what, I'm fine with that. I'd rather need my knee cleaned out or a new hip than need a new heart, diabetes meds. And you know what, I'd rather look better than I did at 20 as a 40 year old and need some new joints a few years down the road. Second, guess what.... my joints don't hurt.

I love it when people use the need to have hip or knee surgery down the road as an excuse not to exercise.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post

I love it when people use the need to have hip or knee surgery down the road as an excuse not to exercise.
                              Whoa! That's a new one for me. Isn't, um...exercise...supposed to be good for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                                On that same note....

I have a standing desk at work which can adjust to also sit, but I mostly stand. A co-worker used the excuse she doesn't want varicose veins from standing all day when asked why she doesn't have one.

Beats the fat a$$ from sitting all day.

Comment

Working...
                                X