No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, and like so much of the fitness industry, the key to their financial viability is convincing people that you need special high-tech equipment to stay healthy. (see also: gym machines)
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Had one earlier that qualified under "well, at least they're trying to help..."
      I was making myself some tea (Earl Grey.) The lady up front noticed my mug and teabasket and asked about it. Half a conversation later, she asks if I eat breakfast. I tell her I'm never hungry until lunch.
      "Well, that explains that ADD."
      Er, sorry. No.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
        Talking with my roommate last night about running, he was horrified at the idea of me sprinting in my vibrams, and said he thought running in well-supported shoes with long strides and rolling heel-strikes was the best way to run.
        The thing I dont get about stuff like that is if you talk to hardcore runners....they dont think that. Not all of them are into vibrams, although a fair number use them at least periodically, but most are into less structure and I cant think of any who think heel strike is to be strived for.

It's like there is running for runners and running for the masses who must be protected from themselves. Well, to be fair hardcore runners are a slightly odd bunch (I'm raising my own hand here even though I havent run lately) and arent that useful in the marketing arena. They do bizarre stuff like run in 30 year old ratty cotton t-shirts. Can't sell to them. Got to hit up the people you can sell to.
        MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

• naiadknight - that is simply unbelievable!

One of my roommates told me that while beef is nutritious, it's also bad for you because it stays in your body for a long time and it takes a long time for your body to digest it. lolwut? She couldn't explain why, but someone told her this when she was younger and she just kind of took it as fact (and stopped eating beef for a while). *shakes head*

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
            Had one earlier that qualified under "well, at least they're trying to help..."
            I was making myself some tea (Earl Grey.) The lady up front noticed my mug and teabasket and asked about it. Half a conversation later, she asks if I eat breakfast. I tell her I'm never hungry until lunch.
            "Well, that explains that ADD."
            Er, sorry. No.
            Errrrm. No. That's part of taking the medication for ADD, in a lot of cases. I was never hungry during the day, and could eat a cow at night. I was also a bitch at night due to the ADD meds...
            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• My moment is that a friend of mine has a son with pretty serious behavioral issues. She has noticed an increase in his aggressive behavior when he gets too much sugar and processed flour but her dh refuses to allow her to change his diet. I'm not even talking about grains here (because I can see that if you believe grains are good for you it seems "risky" to remove them) he wont even agree to a reduction in sugar. WTF?
              MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                Errrrm. No. That's part of taking the medication for ADD, in a lot of cases. I was never hungry during the day, and could eat a cow at night. I was also a bitch at night due to the ADD meds...
                Eh, I've never been one for breakfast. Lunch, yeah. Breakfast, no. Same even on the meds. Doesn't seem to affect me, moodwise, at all. I can definitely tell when I haven't gotten enough sleep, though. More so than before the meds.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by runnergal View Post
                  My moment is that a friend of mine has a son with pretty serious behavioral issues. She has noticed an increase in his aggressive behavior when he gets too much sugar and processed flour but her dh refuses to allow her to change his diet. I'm not even talking about grains here (because I can see that if you believe grains are good for you it seems "risky" to remove them) he wont even agree to a reduction in sugar. WTF?
                  It's a psychological mechanism. If removing the sugar helps, that means that he has been harming his child by feeding him sugar. If he doesn't do anything, he doesn't have to admit it.
                  Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Not funny more of OMFG are you serious?

A guy I take culinary classes with is severly overweight (I'd guess he is about 350-380). He wants to lose weight. I have been telling him (in a non-pushy way) about primal. He says it is too much work. His solution - a lapband. Okay, that is bad enough but weight (yes, that was on purpose) there's moar!

He is not breathing well enough for the lapband so they are going to remove his tonsils, part of his soft palate and shave his tongue all so he can breathe better to go get a lapband.

Really? and that is not hard work? good lord.

Comment

• Originally posted by runnergal View Post
                      too much sugar and processed flour but her dh refuses to allow her to change his diet. *snip* he wont even agree to a reduction in sugar. WTF?
                      WTF indeed. Sounds like a marriage power struggle (which he is completely winning) rather than any rational decision.
                      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        Not funny more of OMFG are you serious?

A guy I take culinary classes with is severly overweight (I'd guess he is about 350-380). He wants to lose weight. I have been telling him (in a non-pushy way) about primal. He says it is too much work. His solution - a lapband. Okay, that is bad enough but weight (yes, that was on purpose) there's moar!

He is not breathing well enough for the lapband so they are going to remove his tonsils, part of his soft palate and shave his tongue all so he can breathe better to go get a lapband.

I have little respect from people when they tell me dropping bread in favor of bacon is "too much work" ...
                        March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
                        Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

• Originally posted by thehallowprince View Post
                          I have little respect from people when they tell me dropping bread in favor of bacon is "too much work" ...
                          I agree. The fact any doctor would suggest cutting out parts of your body so you could have some band put around your stomach amazes me. Someone agreeing to it amazes me more.

Comment

Maybe I'm biased because I'm terrified of surgery, but howwww could anyone choose that over giving up grains?

Last night, my bottomless pit of a brother was pouring a bowl of cereal, which led me to ask the question 'why would you eat cereal when there's salmon in the fridge?'
                            'WHAT? THERE'S SALMON?'
                            'yeah'
                            'Oh okay I guess I'll eat both'

Comment

• It's because of the perception that watching your diet without surgery requires less self-control than dealing with the physical pain of a surgery and the recovery. Unfortunately a lot of folks are fooling themselves because they still have to watch their diet after getting the surgery. Forever. Or they end up learning to "eat around the band" and end up getting fat again in an even less healthy way.

The extensive counseling required before one of these surgeries is _supposed_ to address that, but I am sure a lot of people just nod and agree without really internalizing it.

Comment

Not funny more of OMFG are you serious?

My step-dad had a gastric bypass and almost died. My aunt currently has the lap band, and while she has lost like 100 pounds, she throws up a LOT and has a lot of digestive issues.

I have a friend who wants to lose weight and instead of doing it the HEALTHY way, she is considering gaining MORE weight so she will be eligible for lap-band. Because right now she isn't 'fat enough'. She complains about the cost of eating healthy (She does WW and her 'healthy' includes expensive cheeses in her lasagna etc.) I keep gently telling her about Whole30/Primal/Paleo and she's one of those people who 'could never give up bread/ice cream/etc.)

I just don't understand.

(Edited because I can't spell.)
                                "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

Comment

Working...
                                X