Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aghast.

Comment

• Far be it from me to cast aspersions on other fat people considering my own weight but if that's the kind of thing she's eating... goddamn. How do people come up with this stuff? Gah the idea of condensed milk sugar and mayo and vinegar turns my tummy.
      yay!

Comment

• Some of the other Sara recipes aren't that bad. Not Primal, but not all that terrible. The chicken breasts stuffed with cheese and sun-dried tomatoes aren't entirely awful, although the pork roast with a cup of brown sugar and a can of condensed orange juice makes me pretty sick.

Comment

• I watched the video and thought that this was just sad.
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I wanted to shake her and say, "It doesn't have to be this way."

Comment

• ^^yes
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                I have always felt like Snickers and Milky Way bars are a scam. They pretend to be chocolate candy, but they contain so little chocolate that if someone has genuine cravings for chocolate, they could eat them forever and never satisfy that craving. They are formulated to flip the switch in the brain that demands the eater continue to input the sugar and fake fats they contain.

Yet how often do we hear a dieter say, "I was craving chocolate, so I bought a bag of Snickers, thinking I would only eat one. But I ate the whole bag. I can't believe how "bad" I was." There's a reason.
                I've experienced that myself when eating conventional candy; there is a new book explaining why that happens: Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us: Michael Moss: 9781400069804: Amazon.com: Books

the food manufacturers figure out the "bliss point" of ingredients, so that you just can't stop eating the crap.

RE: snickers salad - that is completely insane, and even more scary that people would make and eat it as if it's not a sick joke...
                Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

Comment

• Hurrah - flapjacks banned by school

BBC News - Canvey Island school bans triangle shaped flapjacks

Oh...

Comment

• Was she actually out of breath, opening that package of grated carrots? What a sad video.

I did get a kick out of the captions carefully telling us how much fat there was in everything. How about how much SUGAR!? Sweetened condensed milk in macaroni salad? Wait, how can we make it MORE carby!?

Comment

• Eating a ton of processed sugar just messes up your taste buds. Everything just is sweet, but doesn't register as cloying anymore. Every so often I have a baked good and I LOVE a good real french pastry with butter. The bakery around the corner from me uses a lot of butter, and not a lot of sugar and they are so good. There is a lot of depth of flavor to the pastries- caramelization, butter, crisp, sweet, salty and despite being a pastry, it's a "whole" flavor experience.

So many processed items are just almost anemic in their sugar. You never get any other flavor profile- no fat, no salt, no contrast. It's really just like an easy hit of a drug without complexity.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• The really sad thing is, some poor schmuck is eating that snickers crap, and going "Hey, I am healthy, I am eating a salad!"

Comment

• a friend invited me to a "Tastefully Simple" party... didn't really know anything about it, so I checked out the website... o.m.g. people actually buy this stuff and think it's healthy!
                          bunches of drink mixes, sauces, bread/cake/dessert mixes... yargh.
                          it's "all natural" everything too... oy.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
                            a friend invited me to a "Tastefully Simple" party... didn't really know anything about it, so I checked out the website... o.m.g. people actually buy this stuff and think it's healthy!
                            bunches of drink mixes, sauces, bread/cake/dessert mixes... yargh.
                            it's "all natural" everything too... oy.
                            Are you going?

Comment

• yes, so I can get some "natural garlic flavored" canola oil. totally. *SNORT*
                              (no. I'm not going.)

Comment

• okay thats just gross. And I bet it costs an arm and a leg.
                                Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
                                yes, so I can get some "natural garlic flavored" canola oil. totally. *SNORT*
                                (no. I'm not going.)
                                You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                                height 5'3
                                SW 215 lbs
                                CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                                LW 172 lbs
                                GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X