Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free range, of course...?

Comment

• bleah, vegan. I'll at least upgrade to freeroaming vegetarians (as in, the ones stupid enough to come onto my property and preach at me about it.)
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• The great thing about vegan farming is you can help with producing the livestock (kidding!).
        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
          All I know is that if the vegans succeed in replacing all animals with soy fields I'll be eating them.

Saw this on the Fat Head blog this morning. I just watched the movie this weekend and the information in it was incredible.

Comment

• I am not through reading all the pages in this thread yet, but as I am reading this a commercial came on TV and I had to share. It was for Yoplait Light yogurt and it was a 2 week 'tune up' where you replace breakfast AND lunch with fruit, grains and a yoplait light every day for 2 weeks and you'll lose 5 pounds!
            Two Week Tune Up - Lose Weight Fast - Yoplait Light

If I ate that for breakfast and lunch I would be starving 30 minutes later and be binging on everything I could get my hands on. *sigh*
            "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

Comment

• Not to mention it isn't even decent yogurt - bleech!

Comment

• Originally posted by JanuaryEmber View Post
                I am not through reading all the pages in this thread yet, but as I am reading this a commercial came on TV and I had to share. It was for Yoplait Light yogurt and it was a 2 week 'tune up' where you replace breakfast AND lunch with fruit, grains and a yoplait light every day for 2 weeks and you'll lose 5 pounds!

If I ate that for breakfast and lunch I would be starving 30 minutes later and be binging on everything I could get my hands on. *sigh*
                That's how they get you... eat this and you'll lose weight... ONLY this... if you don't lose weight you messed up somehow and if you can't do it for you two then you DIDN'T have the willpower... Ugh... what a cycle
                March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
                Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

• Okay... um... so aparently DiGornio pizza now comes with Cookies... really... COOKIES!

CW fail!
                  March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
                  Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

• Originally posted by JanuaryEmber View Post
                    I am not through reading all the pages in this thread yet, but as I am reading this a commercial came on TV and I had to share. It was for Yoplait Light yogurt and it was a 2 week 'tune up' where you replace breakfast AND lunch with fruit, grains and a yoplait light every day for 2 weeks and you'll lose 5 pounds!

I'm sure I'd lose more than five pounds. I'd gnaw my own arm off.

Comment

• Originally posted by thehallowprince View Post
                      Okay... um... so aparently DiGornio pizza now comes with Cookies... really... COOKIES!

CW fail!
                      I saw those in the store the other day and a commercial yesterday and I was just like, really?!?!? *facepalm*
                      "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

Comment

• Two links for you, courtesy of the excellent blog at Gnolls:

Danish food industry sources slam 'fat tax'
                        Bruce Friedrich: A "Sin Tax" on Meat Would Improve Our Health and Environment

There is this strange head-shaped dent in my wall. I can't remember how it got there.

Comment

• Oh look! I have a head-shaped dent in my wall too! When did that happen? Probably while I reading those links...
                          At least the comments were good. I loved the
                          "In the US, before vitamin was added to all milk, it was common for omnivorous children to develop rickets. An omnivorous diet is, by necessity, heavily supplement*ed. And, in the case of vitamin D, it's a plant based supplement that prevented the deficiency*."

I lawled.
                          Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• Talking with my roommate last night about running, he was horrified at the idea of me sprinting in my vibrams, and said he thought running in well-supported shoes with long strides and rolling heel-strikes was the best way to run.
                            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• So did he have any actual rationale for thinking that's the best way to run?

At least the vibram enthusiasts have put some thought into why it might work better for them...
                              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• No, like so many, he just doesn't question CW about fitness and nutrition. If Nike says it's the way to run, it must be the way to run.
                                You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Working...
                                X