Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the news this morning:

McDonalds is rolling out a "healthier" (according to CBS) egg McMuffin - they ditched the yolk and the english muffin is now whole grain. The canadian bacon will also be extra lean.

So now it will not only BE crap, but it will TASTE like crap, too.

Seriously, that's just pathetic.

CBS News - McDonalds Introduces the "Egg White Delight" Yolk-Free Egg McMuffin
    Durp.

Comment

• If only they would offer a double yolk version! (I know, they are probably pouring it out of a carton, not cracking an egg. Still, one could dream.) I have eaten those in a pinch (tossing the muffin) and egg, Canadian bacon, with cheese is a nice little on-the-road snack.

Comment

• Sabine... true that!
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          If only they would offer a double yolk version! (I know, they are probably pouring it out of a carton, not cracking an egg. .
          My mom worked for MD's for a while and said that (at the time anyways-about 6 years ago) they actually used real eggs
          Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
            My mom worked for MD's for a while and said that (at the time anyways-about 6 years ago) they actually used real eggs
            They use cracked eggs for the McMuffins (the "grill poached" eggs where there's actually a yolk and a white), but liquid or powdered eggs for everything else (liquid vs. powdered depends on the type of egg/sandwich, and I can't remember right now).

I've always preferred the McD's mcmuffin eggs over any other fast food breakfast eggs...

Comment

• right. okay. 3 kinds of McD's eggs - Cracked Egg, Scrambled Eggs, and Folded Eggs - and that's the order of preference in which I'd eat them (ingredients below):

Egg
              Allergens: EGG, SOY LECITHIN
              USDA Grade A Eggs.

CONTAINS: EGG.

Prepared with Liquid Margarine: Liquid Soybean Oil and Hydrogenated Cottonseed and Soybean Oils, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives), Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene (Color).
              CONTAINS: SOY LECITHIN.

Scrambled Eggs
              Allergens: EGG, SOY LECITHIN
              Pasteurized whole eggs with sodium phosphate, citric acid and monosodium phosphate (added to preserve color), nisin preparation (preservative).

CONTAINS: EGG.

Prepared with Liquid Margarine: Liquid soybean oil and hydrogenated cottonseed and soybean oils, water, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, salt, soy lecithin, mono-and diglycerides, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (preservatives), artificial flavor, citric acid, vitamin A palmitate, beta carotene (color).

Folded Egg
              Allergens: EGG, SOY LECITHIN, SOY LECITHIN
              Pasteurized Whole Eggs, Modified Food Starch, Soybean Oil, Natural Flavors (Plant Source), Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Carrageenan, Flavor Enhancer (Salt, Maltodextrin, Natural Flavor [Plant Source], Spices, Herb, Turmeric [Color]), Monosodium Phosphate, Citric Acid, Soy Lecithin.

CONTAINS: EGG, SOY LECITHIN.

Prepared with Liquid Margarine: Liquid Soybean Oil and Hydrogenated Cottonseed and Soybean Oils, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives), Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene (Color).

Comment

• Two things happened today that made me struggle to keep my mouth shut.

1) At Starbucks as I waited for my chai latte (made with cream) to be made, a woman's order came out: "iced caramel macchiato, extra caramel". The woman asked, "Nonfat milk, right? And double the caramel?"

2) Overhearing a coworker telling another coworker that she's no longer eating "unhealthy garbage"; instead she purchased a meal replacement powder she's drinking twice daily.
                >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                  So now it will not only BE crap, but it will TASTE like crap, too.
                  LOL.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• My in-laws are visiting and they told me about the "healthier" McD's breakfast as well. :eyeroll:

They are here for less than four days and brought two 12 (24?) packs of pepsi and diet pepsi. Seems like that's all they're drinking. Mind you, they have a ton of health problems. Diabetes, etc.
                    What did they also bring? 6 donuts, I guess for breakfast today. Wow.

Oh, but they congratulated me on sticking to my new "diet". Not a diet, people. Haha.
                    I'm just venting, they are nice, but very stuck in CW.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
                      (After a coworker asked why I wasn't eating the bread that came with my salad and I briefly explained that i don't eat bread and a tiny bit about why)

Him: We'll what do you do for peanut butter and jelly?
                      Me: I don't eat it.
                      Him: What are you, a communist?!?
                      Panera has a new "hidden menu" with Primal menu items!!!! Lunch was awesome!
                      The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                      Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                      Pope John Paul II

Comment

• My Mum telling me about her new doctor: "He seemed happy to carry on giving me the same pills."

What a testimonial.
                        Annie Ups the Ante
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• ^^Hmmm I heear cash registers ringing...
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Right so I caught a look at the nutritional advice sheet given to a family member newly diagnosed with diabetes...guess what was recommended..wait for it..A LOW FAT DIET and the advice that "starch should make up the majority of your intake".

WAIL!!!!

Amongst the "foods to avoid" were avocado, coconut and (this one is really stupid) CAVIAR (presumably because of those TERRIBLE fattening fish oils)! Fake spreads and dairy substitutes were advocated but CAVIAR IS EVIL. What made me laugh is - who actually eats enough caviar to worry about avoiding it even if it WERE bad for you!? Maybe the Queen does but most people don't.

Eggs were also severely restricted. I thought even CW people knew that eggs were healthy and I thought avocados had been redeemed ages ago?! I thought CW loves mono and vitamin E. WTF.

I am saddened really because I don't want the person in question to a) feel miserable about their predicament and feel they are limited to joyless bird food and b) die

Comment

• Originally posted by Polecatz View Post
                              Eggs were also severely restricted. I thought even CW people knew that eggs were healthy and I thought avocados had been redeemed ages ago?! I thought CW loves mono and vitamin E. WTF.
                              Yeah, I'm surprised at avocado, which CW seems to hold up as the King of the Good Fats. Eggs though, tend to still be demonized. Just yesterday, I had a friend (the same one in all my funny CW stories lol) freak out when I said that I had three eggs for breakfast because "that's a TON of cholesterol, be careful!"

Comment

• CAVIAR (presumably because of those TERRIBLE fattening fish oils)! Fake spreads and dairy substitutes were advocated but CAVIAR IS EVIL
                                That seems very random. Like telling people to really restrict their Fois Gras intake.
                                If your friend is depressed....turn them on to Primal.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Working...
                                X