No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just grossed everyone out in the office by having a Bullet proof coffee for the first time..yum. typically they all said it will make me fat. wise words from the lot of em who drink diet coke all day ( and are all over weight)
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

Comment

• I have a nasty habit of trying to sneak the butter into my bullet proof coffee because I know what all the WW ladies will say if they see me do it! "you're clogging your arteries!" "that is so gross!"

but I have a response ready if someone catches me... Its like cream only better! Hot buttered coffee!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
        I have a nasty habit of trying to sneak the butter into my bullet proof coffee because I know what all the WW ladies will say if they see me do it! "you're clogging your arteries!" "that is so gross!"

but I have a response ready if someone catches me... Its like cream only better! Hot buttered coffee!
        Don't sneak it in..do it in full view and drink it with a huge smile on your face...
        Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
        Height 5'9"
        Start weight 200lb
        Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
        Goal was 168lb's

Comment

• speaking of bulletproof coffee (currently in my travel mug on my desk - nobody knows there's butter in it!)... someone who always comments on how "strange" my lunch is (because I have things like avocados, hard-boiled eggs, carrots, apples, etc. instead of a sandwich) had NO CLUE that sugar was addictive... I'll give her a break 'cause she's in high school, but... c'mon, what are they teaching kids these days!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard Seekins View Post
            Don't sneak it in..do it in full view and drink it with a huge smile on your face...
            And lick the knife after you cut the pat of butter!
            >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
            >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
            >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
              speaking of bulletproof coffee (currently in my travel mug on my desk - nobody knows there's butter in it!)... someone who always comments on how "strange" my lunch is (because I have things like avocados, hard-boiled eggs, carrots, apples, etc. instead of a sandwich) had NO CLUE that sugar was addictive... I'll give her a break 'cause she's in high school, but... c'mon, what are they teaching kids these days!?
              When I was in high school they told us that sperm could get through the 'pores' in condoms. Needless to say this was during the abstinence only programs of the Bush Era.
              So as sad as it is, the way I see it...if the horrible truth about sugar is the only huge gap in health knowledge for kids in school now, it's at least a step in the right direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissJecka View Post
                And lick the knife after you cut the pat of butter!
                I used to put heavy whipping cream in my coffee long ago, back when I was able to drink coffee. I prefer to eat my butter straight, savoring it like a piece of cheese, in tiny bites.

Comment

• Overheard in the Y:
                  "I'm just going to run until I lose 5 pounds."

Comment

• The gentleman who orders supplies for my office building just showed me a cabinet full of sugar in the breakroom. Literally, an entire cabinet of canisters of white sugar for employees to use in their coffee.

I asked him "We have all that sugar, but not a single grain of salt?"

His response: "I'm not allowed to order salt. H.R. says it isn't good for you."
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                      The gentleman who orders supplies for my office building just showed me a cabinet full of sugar in the breakroom. Literally, an entire cabinet of canisters of white sugar for employees to use in their coffee.

I asked him "We have all that sugar, but not a single grain of salt?"

wow. Just... wow.

Comment

• That is criminal

Originally posted by jfreaksho View Post
                        wow. Just... wow.
                        You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                        height 5'3
                        SW 215 lbs
                        CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                        LW 172 lbs
                        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by s-piper View Post
                          Most Chinese people are thin?
                          That's news to the World Health Organzation:
                          Reporter's Notebook: Obesity on the Rise in China | PBS NewsHour
                          In China, obesity becomes a problem that?s foreign to survivors of its great famine - Washington Post

No the problem isn't nearly as bad as in the USA and certain other Western countries, but it's also been a problem in those countries longer. We have a 'head start' as it were, but China is in no way proving immune to the diseases that come with having cheap, processed food readily available.
                          Yes, most Chinese people are thin. They are just now being spoiled by the slew of Western technologies that is slowly ruining the culture.

I believe in early eating and digestion. Your body needs to repair itself during sleep when it's not getting overworked by what you just ate.

I don't practice what I preach though I need to stop gaming.
                          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• I have been assured by a vegan that the Chinese people are "effectively vegan" because those who couldn't afford to eat meat on any given day are as vegan as any American vegan.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                              I have been assured by a vegan that the Chinese people are "effectively vegan" because those who couldn't afford to eat meat on any given day are as vegan as any American vegan.
                              LOL

And I'm assured by an actual Chinese person that they most definitely are not vegan!
                              He's a first generation American Chinese, but he visits his family members still in China with some frequency.
                              Yeah, NOT vegan...

And does that mean that I'm "effectively vegan" for the period of time that I abstain from meat on any given day...
                              I IF, so this could make me "effectively vegan" most of the time.

Also, I have a vegan friend... I may have to use this one next time she gets preachy.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                                The gentleman who orders supplies for my office building just showed me a cabinet full of sugar...

I asked him, "We have all that sugar, but not a single grain of salt?"

Show him and HR this: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/ma...anted=all&_r=0

Comment

Working...
                                X