Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by itchy166 View Post
    Looking at the pictures just spiked my insulin (and made my teeth hurt).
    I feel more than slightly nauseous looking/thinking about that.

I'll admit, I've never eaten a deep-fried twinkie. I do, however, make the best damned bacon chocolate around

Comment

• Originally posted by kserge5534 View Post
      I saw the following commercial for a rheumatoid arthritis drug. Couldn't help but notice the potentially lethal infection warning since these work by dulling the immune system. Combine that with the food being eaten and I almost wonder if its a sick joke on the ignorance of the people and their faith in CW. No insult intended towards those who might be suffering from it...

TV CM Orencia - YouTube
      The ones that I always find to be ironic are the drugs that treat flu- that have side effects that are just like the flu. Um, what?
      High Weight: 225
      Weight at start of Primal: 189
      Current Weight: 174
      Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

• No no no my favorite is the shingles vaccine, which doesn't actually guarantee you'll never get shingles. SO WHAT IS THE POINT???

Comment

• Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
          No no no my favorite is the shingles vaccine, which doesn't actually guarantee you'll never get shingles. SO WHAT IS THE POINT???
          Its like the chicken pox vaccine.. no guarantees!!
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I had a deep fried pizza once in Glasgow. The perils of youth!

Comment

• This morning on the radio station I listen to they were talking about the things and amounts of said things the government allows in foods, like rat droppings etc. It sure made me glad I have changed the way I eat, I o be.may not be 100% but I am a heck of a lot closer than I used t

Comment

• The trainer at the gym working with the really heavy guy who got the guy done with standing on a balance thing and doing light curls, who then said enthusiastically, "Now let's go do some crunches!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                  The trainer at the gym working with the really heavy guy who got the guy done with standing on a balance thing and doing light curls, who then said enthusiastically, "Now let's go do some crunches!"
                  cm-22216-05059541140816.jpeg
                  Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                    Its like the chicken pox vaccine.. no guarantees!!
                    same thing. shingles = adult-onset chicken pox. varicella zoster virus.
                    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

Comment

• All I can say is shingles sucks so much.

Comment

• OK, no more talk about shingles... ugh...

Last night I went out with coworkers to celebrate a coworker's promotion. All of the appetizers the group ordered were battered and fried (onion rings, calamari) or bread-based (flatbread pizza), so I ordered a shrimp cocktail. A few of the women my age just said, "That's why you're so thin! Because all you eat is stuff like that!" pointing at the two jumbo shrimp I took from the plate when it arrived. They didn't bother taking any of it, instead chowing down on onion rings dipped in some goopy mayonnaise-based dressing that definitely came from a bottle. They could've helped themselves to some nice, big shrimp (they were probably prawns, now that I think about it... SO GOOD!) but they didn't... and ended up complaining about how over-stuffed they felt afterwards.

>> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                        >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                        >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

• The phrases "jumbo shrimp" and "big shrimp" make me smile, but I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to language.

Your story really does touch the root of the problem. Even though they aren't Primal, your co-workers can recognize the better food choice - yet still choose crap.
                          "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Comment

• Originally posted by itchy166 View Post
                            Your story really does touch the root of the problem. Even though they aren't Primal, your co-workers can recognize the better food choice - yet still choose crap.
                            That was the point of my story, but maybe not too clear. I'm an Engineer, for crying out loud! Words do not come easily... numbers do!

But, yes, that was what was funny about the situation and made my head hurt just trying to figure out why they didn't have any of the prawns... especially when I specifically didn't eat all of them (because sharing is caring!). I'd naively hoped that they would at least have one and realize that is the tastier and more satisfying choice.
                            >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                            >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                            >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

• I can't stay away from this thread even if I now have a palm print permanently imprinted on my face.

Over the last few months I've noticed a lot of incredulous looks, when I walk outside usually with no hat, no gloves, jacket open and in sweats, while most people are very much covered up from head to toe and still shivering. The temperature has varied between -15C and +1C, and granted when it's been in the colder end or windy I've covered up better, but I still just wear a t-shirt under my warm coat instead of my prior three layer get up. Sometimes I feel like taking off my coat to see the disapproving stares of older ladies who seem to think I'll "catch death" the way I'm going.

Comment

• Mrs. FW had the Food Channel on the other night, and Trisha Yearwood (the country singer) apparently has a cooking show. She and her sister and some friends were cooking a meal in memory of Trisha's mom, apparently died of some form of cancer. Promoted Susan G. Komen, but then did a whole show on mom's favorites... cooked "healthy." "Even when Mom was in her 70s, she was changing her recipes to make them healthier." Wow, that's great! Let's see what those healthy substitutions were!

First up, "Georgia Pate," basically hummus made with peanuts. OK, fine, peanuts. I'll still eat peanut butter once in a while, and the rest of the ingredients were fine. But of course, you have to ear hummus with chips or crackers. Well THAT'S healthy...

Then "chickenless" pot pie. Presumably because chicken is so bad for you. So, a roux (with WeverTF "butter substitute" is, and wheat flour, natch!) with chicken stock instead of milk or cream (evil, evil milkfats!), a bunch of veg, and all of it into "store bought" pie crust, and topped with the other crust (because we need more healthy grains, and of course more "butter substitute" margarine/hydro industrial oil!).

And then, they made a three layer cake, because mom was a baker! Let's gobble up a few pounds of wheat flour and sugar and shortening! But thank the dear Lord baby Jesus they eliminated chicken, milk, and butter. Because no doubt those are the true dietary evils. Facepalmed so many times I felt like I'd been through a robotic slapper machine.

Comment

Working...
                                X