Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
    In a tea bag?? Oh crap!! Going to check mine when I get home.
    Oh yeah soy lecithin is REAL common as a component of "natural and artificial flavors" in teas and coffees since it acts as an emulsifier even in dried goods. I think only recently have companies started to label it explicitly, though.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Him View Post
      Not sure if this fits here or not but a coworker said it today and I find it funny...

"I tried Atkins for two weeks and it worked - I was losing weight - but then I was in a restaurant and there was this sweet little old couple at another table and I just wanted to punch them both and I realized that eating so much meat was making me really aggressive! It's like my body was eating itself because I wasn't giving it any sugar which is like natural body food and in response it was just making me super aggressive. So I stopped and will never do low carb again."

Maybe the CW diet should get credit for America's declining crime rates....

HAHAHAHA! This is hysterical. Meat eaters are just SOOO agressive - that's why you meet so many nice/tolerant vegans right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Leather Couch View Post
        HAHAHAHA! This is hysterical. Meat eaters are just SOOO agressive - that's why you meet so many nice/tolerant vegans right?
        Durian Rider seems pretty darn angry to me... I wonder how much meat he's sneaking!
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
          Oh yeah soy lecithin is REAL common as a component of "natural and artificial flavors" in teas and coffees since it acts as an emulsifier even in dried goods. I think only recently have companies started to label it explicitly, though.
          That's because soy is "healthy" for you!!!
          The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
          Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
          Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Not totally CW, but my vegan friends are entertaining me right now! I used to be vegan for about a year from 2010 through 2011 and before that I was toying with the idea for years, making lots of vegan friends in the process. I've since moved out of the city where I had these friends but do keep in touch with them because, despite their misguided views on diet, they're good people.

Anyway, I posted this photo of tonight's dinner (big ol' grass-fed burger topped with bacon and egg, atop baby spinach) on instagram, and my vegan friends are freaking out:

The first comment was, "Paleo looks unhealthy as all get-out!" His girlfriend promptly followed it with, "A triple-kill meal... "

I replied with, "My cholesterol and LDLs are lower than ever, and my body fat has decreased. Never leaving the paleo/primal world!"

The second commenter just replied with a solemn, "" while her boyfriend simply said, "Bullshit."

And, no, I don't eat such huge dinners as this, but it's Valentine's day and this is my gift! :P

Anyway, maybe they're just jealous!
            >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
            >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
            >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

• As seen on Facebook about a week ago:

I lost 40 f&$@ing pounds and my cholesterol went up, what the hell?

Her friend: i am sorry to hear that

Her friend: Stop doing Adkins its hard on the kidneys

Her friend (again) Cut out red meat n fat u will feel a lot better trust me I'm doing it now.

Her friend (yet again)I'm down 8 lbs in two weeks

original poster: I don't do Adkins, I barely eat. They want me to take more meds f&$@ that I can't handle anymore meds.

Her friend Damn, start that insure drink then so u r at least getting your vitamins n shit u need

Original poster: I luv u Steve I draw the line at my steak, if I want one I'm eating it.

Her friend Its for old people so it digests easily just a can every morning

Her Friend Lol I love em too but I'm cutting back n I have a lot more energy n just all around better

Her friend (again) I'm eating small meals every three to four hours. A chicken breast three times a day at work. Then dinner when I get home

Her friend (yet again) I fry them in olive oil n put them in a zip lock sandwich bag so I can microwave them one at a time

Original poster: Yuck!

Comment

• The dude at the gym today who spent, without exaggeration, 45 minutes doing various permutations of bicep curls. Only bicep curls. Meanwhile, I smashed a killer full body workout and got out of there. And my biceps look better than his.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissJecka View Post
                  Not totally CW, but my vegan friends are entertaining me right now! I used to be vegan for about a year from 2010 through 2011 and before that I was toying with the idea for years, making lots of vegan friends in the process. I've since moved out of the city where I had these friends but do keep in touch with them because, despite their misguided views on diet, they're good people.

Anyway, I posted this photo of tonight's dinner (big ol' grass-fed burger topped with bacon and egg, atop baby spinach) on instagram, and my vegan friends are freaking out:

The first comment was, "Paleo looks unhealthy as all get-out!" His girlfriend promptly followed it with, "A triple-kill meal... "

I replied with, "My cholesterol and LDLs are lower than ever, and my body fat has decreased. Never leaving the paleo/primal world!"

The second commenter just replied with a solemn, "" while her boyfriend simply said, "Bullshit."

And, no, I don't eat such huge dinners as this, but it's Valentine's day and this is my gift! :P

Anyway, maybe they're just jealous!
                  that picture is beautiful, they're definitely just jealous
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                  lol

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    Durian Rider seems pretty darn angry to me... I wonder how much meat he's sneaking!
                    LOL, though in all seriousness the anger is probabaly from the sugar crash if he really eats as many bananas as he claims to!
                    Or he's just your garden variety internet jerk. ;-)

Comment

• That meal looks delicious.

And I can totally understand, being new to paleo, what people's concerns are. I mean, it's been drilled into my head for my entire life that fat is bad, grains are good, vegans are healthier, etc. I mean, you look at the studies on 7th Day Adventists (who are vegetarian) and they live something like 7 years longer than the average American. So if it's not their diet, what is it? In any case, I've decided regardless to give PB a good try. I had bloodwork done prior, and one month into it, and will probably have bloodwork done again at 6 months. From first test to 1 month into PB, all my lipid profiles improved. If I see continued improvement at the 6 month mark, I'll be convinced Paleo/Primal is healthy. But I'm not entirely unconvinced that vegetarianism can't be healthy. Maybe it's just the grains that are so bad?
                      High Weight: 225
                      Weight at start of Primal: 189
                      Current Weight: 174
                      Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

• Wait... how is that a "triple-kill meal".

Were the eggs fertilized? I know conventional eggs are not ever, and most farms that sell pastured eggs don't keep a Roo on their hens because it just doesn't make sense.
                        So the beef and the pork died... that egg was just a natural product of a hens normal reproductive health.
                        That person is really confused.
                        Does he/she think it's murder every time a woman fails to get pregnant and has her period?
                        Vegans have NO logic.

Also, it looks freaking delicious!
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                          Does he/she think it's murder every time a woman fails to get pregnant and has her period?
                          Lol! I am totally using this next time someone makes a comment at me
                          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• I've always called burgers topped with bacon and eggs, a farmyard burger. I do like the triple kill meal name though...will have to. Consider using that even if it is inaccurate
                            Last edited by Chris_H; 02-15-2013, 03:12 PM.
                            Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
                            SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
                            CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Comment

• It's probably more like a 1/200th kill meal. How many bites can you get from a whole pig/cow?

Comment

• Originally posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
                                I mean, you look at the studies on 7th Day Adventists (who are vegetarian) and they live something like 7 years longer than the average American. So if it's not their diet, what is it?
                                I would say, as people who take their religion seriously, they most probably don't do drugs, drink&drive, one night stands (STD) and other risky activities. That alone could rise the life expectancy compared to average. In average you have to count in all those who die really young too.

Comment

Working...
                                X