Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I looked up creme freiche, I need to find some and try it.
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
      I looked up creme freiche, I need to find some and try it.
      DO try it. It tastes like Greek yoghurt, but has 31% fat instead of 10%. So nice... (we need a *drool* icon...)
      --
      Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

      --
      I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
      I'd apologize, but...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Narcolepticjenn View Post
        I've been eating bacon and eggs for lunch every day, mind you. Yeah, I'm really suffering.
        I suffered through grass fed steak, my own chicken's eggs (pastured of course) scrambled with herbs and local goat cheddar and brie with a tiny bit of fruit jam (no sugar and no sugar alcohols), fresh mango and hot tea with coconut milk and a little bit of local honey. Oh yeah I'm really suffering.
        The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
        Psalms 144:15

        Annie Sires

        Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
        Pope John Paul II

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kochin View Post
          DO try it. It tastes like Greek yoghurt, but has 31% fat instead of 10%. So nice... (we need a *drool* icon...)

          Creme Fraiche is really good, because it has lactic cultures it's a lot more digestible than cream (especially for people who are not so good with dairy - similar to how French butter is easier for some people to take than plain English style butter)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by fifer View Post
            Creme Fraiche is really good, because it has lactic cultures it's a lot more digestible than cream (especially for people who are not so good with dairy - similar to how French butter is easier for some people to take than plain English style butter)
            ok you kilt-wearing cutie.. I have no idea on the difference in butter either!! LOL
            Karin


            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

            What am I doing? Depends on the day.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
              ok you kilt-wearing cutie.. I have no idea on the difference in butter either!! LOL

              Cultured Butter
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

              Comment


              • OK.. now that I know what both are I will see if I can find them around here. Ordering on Amazon is hella expensive
                Karin


                Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                  OK.. now that I know what both are I will see if I can find them around here. Ordering on Amazon is hella expensive
                  DIY?

                  If you can make yogurt you can make cultured cream. And cultured butter.

                  At 28% butterfat Creme Fraiche sounds like cultured light cream, or regular cream, or you can do Creme Bulgare which is cultured heavy whipping cream... then beat either one into butter I'm sure.
                  I like Creme Bulgare too much as is to ever consider using it for butter!

                  You might find the Crema Mexicana (a cultured sour cream similar to Creme Fraiche) in your area is you have a hispanic population and a store that has an area of the isle catering to them?
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    DIY?

                    If you can make yogurt you can make cultured cream. And cultured butter.

                    At 28% butterfat Creme Fraiche sounds like cultured light cream, or regular cream, or you can do Creme Bulgare which is cultured heavy whipping cream... then beat either one into butter I'm sure.
                    I like Creme Bulgare too much as is to ever consider using it for butter!
                    you lost me here...
                    [QUOTE=cori93437;1082672
                    You might find the Crema Mexicana (a cultured sour cream similar to Creme Fraiche) in your area is you have a hispanic population and a store that has an area of the isle catering to them?[/QUOTE]

                    ok... thinking I have seen this.. I will check when I go back to the store. I bet its with the mexican cheeses and such.
                    Karin


                    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                    Comment


                    • It usally next to the soured cream and cream in the shops here, actully perfect sub for soured cream
                      Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

                      http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                        I prefer keeping my feet on the bench because it pushes my lower back into contact with the bench more solidly--no arching my hips up if the weight is heavy. I feel like it helps to keep my form very strict and stable. Watch at the gym how many people arch their backs off the bench while lifting.
                        Lol, whut? Powerlifters are all about the arch in the back, nothing wrong with that. If the ass is off the bench, then it's not legit. Planting your feet on the ground allows you to utilize your leg muscles to help drive the lift.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                          Gluten free sausages arnt the norm here, they put wheat rusk in all the sausages as standard... Exspecially the cheap"guess the pig parts" sausage
                          Ahhh... yeah, I've had what your tribe calls sausage ... I thought they were very strange. Around here those are a specialty item rarely seen outside a few retailers serving the expat community so I wasn't thinking in those terms. Here the cheap sausage is mostly fat, water and enough protein to bind them together, and the OK sausage hovers in the 98% "named domesticated animal product" range.

                          Maybe she was Americano? Deutsch? From somewhere that loves the pastry and the almost-entirely-animal-product sausage? Dunno... but at least I get the joke now.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kochin View Post
                            DO try it. It tastes like Greek yoghurt, but has 31% fat instead of 10%. So nice... (we need a *drool* icon...)
                            I get a cultured cream... basically the locals here spoon the cream off into a bucket and collect it over several days. It begins to sour and has a wonderful "sour cream" flavor that is just divine. It's also so thick it's like spooning soft ice cream. It makes so many great things and, being full fat cream, it's probably well above 40% fat. I make butter from it that has this wonderful complex flavor that, added with a little bit of "Real Salt" is simply the best. Makes the most amazing steak. I literally could eat it raw... the butter that is. I get buttermilk from that that is cultured also and has a nice refreshing tang.

                            Whipped cultured cream with a hint of honey over fresh fruit... OMGoodness. It doesn't get any better than that. Drizzled with 80% chocolate... I died.

                            As for getting anything from the store... remember, if it says "pastuerized" or worse "ultra pastuerized" the milk is basically dead... I have severe lactose intolerance... but only from commercial milk. My mother is the same way. When I need it, I will occasionally buy regular "pasteurized" heavy whipping cream from the store. I don't ever buy ultra anymore. It's just too dicey with my stomach. No one likes living in the bathroom.
                            The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                            Psalms 144:15

                            Annie Sires

                            Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                            Pope John Paul II

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by sires6 View Post
                              As for getting anything from the store... remember, if it says "pastuerized" or worse "ultra pastuerized" the milk is basically dead... I have severe lactose intolerance... but only from commercial milk. My mother is the same way. When I need it, I will occasionally buy regular "pasteurized" heavy whipping cream from the store. I don't ever buy ultra anymore. It's just too dicey with my stomach. No one likes living in the bathroom.
                              This!
                              For years I thought it was "me"... No, it's the crap they do to the milk!
                              Natural raw milk is fine in my tummy, and I can drink it without issue.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                                ok you kilt-wearing cutie.. I have no idea on the difference in butter either!! LOL

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X