Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Oh man, that reminds me of that gif on the "what we should call paleo" tumblr with Atkins. I'd link you to it, but I am currently blocked from that website
    Wait why are you blocked from the website? Is it a work-restricted thing or is the website not loading for you properly or something?
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

    My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

    Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
      Wait why are you blocked from the website? Is it a work-restricted thing or is the website not loading for you properly or something?
      my worked blocked it too
      Karin


      Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

      What am I doing? Depends on the day.

      Comment


      • Okay I just have to know: Did she really say they took supplements???????


        Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
        My Sister just PM'd me on Fb with this panicky idea that being on the paleo diet will leach the calcium out of my bones and I could have osteoporosis even now. She capitalized the phrase " YOU HAVE TO GET A BONE DENSITY TEST NOW!!!!!! Apparently meat eating leaches Calcium and flushes out my bum and eating veggies leaches calcium and I pee it out. sigh......

        It is all over the net, Google says so she said. I am just looking out for you she said...

        If meat and veggies both leech calcium how do you think ancient man got his calcium I says. They had to take supplements she says .

        My sister is proof that knowledge is dangerous and a little knowledge is even worse.
        You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

        Age 48
        height 5'3
        SW 215 lbs
        CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
        LW 172 lbs
        GW 125ish lbs

        Comment


        • Yep she did and in all seriousness. My sister is one of those idiots that knew everything she needed to know by age 14 and nothing shall be thought of after that. She also will look for that thing you get the most pleasure or pride out of and try to take it from you.
          Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

          Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

          Comment


          • Just wanted to say that thanks to this thread, I am reading way too much What Should We Call Paleo Life... Sooo true.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
              Yep she did and in all seriousness. My sister is one of those idiots that knew everything she needed to know by age 14 and nothing shall be thought of after that. She also will look for that thing you get the most pleasure or pride out of and try to take it from you.
              did you laugh her off facebook?

              can i?

              can you ask her where they bought the supps? cause i bet back then they were superior quality
              beautiful
              yeah you are

              Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

              Comment


              • At the weekly manager's lunch meeting, they bought hamburgers. As I was picking mine apart to remove the bun, they started talking about how great burgers were. Before I could jump in, one of them said "Cheeseburgers are one of the best meals. They have all the major food groups: grains, dairy, meat, and vegetables." I decided not to pick that fight.
                (Mostly because I thought that myself not many years ago.)
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Narcolepticjenn View Post
                  Just wanted to say that thanks to this thread, I am reading way too much What Should We Call Paleo Life... Sooo true.
                  "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

                  My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

                  Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                    did you laugh her off facebook?

                    can i?

                    can you ask her where they bought the supps? cause i bet back then they were superior quality
                    In fact My sister is not one of my FB friends and had to find me through my other sister so she could send me her concerns. I did in fact laugh at her as has the rest of my family for this one. One does not get brittle bones from 10 months of no calcium never mind how much I do get.

                    I dont think she ever considered that there might not have been Pharmaprix's and car dealers and whatnot since the beginning of time.
                    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

                    Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                      I dont think she ever considered that there might not have been Pharmaprix's and car dealers and whatnot since the beginning of time.
                      Well, to be fair there is this excellent television program about ancient man, which is where she probably got her information. I mean, just the other day Fred and Barney took their car through a drive though for a brontoburger and they seemed to have other modern conveniences. Heck, they even have their own suppliments named after them - Flintstones Vitamins. See, your sister is right - checkmate, my friend, check. mate.

                      Comment


                      • A colleague after I sen thim Mercola's latest article on Coca Cola.

                        "Coca Cola can be healthy as part of any balanced diet"

                        No. Just no.

                        You will never guess who he used to work for?
                        Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

                        https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                          well, to be fair there is this excellent television program about ancient man, which is where she probably got her information. I mean, just the other day fred and barney took their car through a drive though for a brontoburger and they seemed to have other modern conveniences. Heck, they even have their own suppliments named after them - flintstones vitamins. See, your sister is right - checkmate, my friend, check. Mate.

                          lol!!!
                          Karin


                          Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                          What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                            My Sister just PM'd me on Fb with this panicky idea that being on the paleo diet will leach the calcium out of my bones and I could have osteoporosis even now. She capitalized the phrase " YOU HAVE TO GET A BONE DENSITY TEST NOW!!!!!! Apparently meat eating leaches Calcium and flushes out my bum and eating veggies leaches calcium and I pee it out. sigh......

                            It is all over the net, Google says so she said. I am just looking out for you she said...

                            If meat and veggies both leech calcium how do you think ancient man got his calcium I says. They had to take supplements she says .

                            My sister is proof that knowledge is dangerous and a little knowledge is even worse.
                            Not long after reading your story here I found an amazingly appropriate gif and I just had to reference it.

                            What Should We Call Paleo Life | VEGETARIAN FAMILY MEMBERS WHO TRY TO CONVINCE ME THAT DIETS HIGH IN MEAT CAUSE BONE LOSS:
                            "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

                            My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

                            Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

                            Comment


                            • Actually... what is it with Coke?
                              My local healthy grocer sent out an ad for 5 Superbowl Snacks for $5. Organic chips, salsa, avocado, peanuts.... and Coke? I know they sell natural soda, but not Coke.

                              http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

                              Comment


                              • Interesting:
                                Planet Fitness Health Club at Charlotte (Matthews), NC

                                Looking for a gym to get a membership to start some lifting. The YMCA runs the market and is too $$$. This is my other option. They have free pizza day. That they find important enough to advertise online the amount of pizza people eat there versus information on their free weights is just sad.

                                http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X