No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTB, I've been sending the WAP site to my family and friends. I have a hunch that they send my mails directly to the junk folder.

Comment

Maba - kind of unrelated, but would you share your recipe for boiled egg curry? Sounds delish!!!

Comment

CW run amuck ...

At work, when there's a platter of meat and cheese and a bowl of crackers, the women will eat the crackers and talk about how they're doing something good for their bodies by avoiding the meat and cheese (not sure I've ever seen a guy do this).

And then when visiting family my mom mentions to her sister that I'm doing low-carb and the sister spouts off with "well I think it just comes down to calorie's in-calorie's out." I thought about arguing but figured since she's 70 and survived breast cancer and open heart surgery with the "help" of CW, I'd just be wasting my breath.

Comment

I had to do a double-take when my friend, after seeing me eat 4 eggs for breakfast 2 days in a row, told me, "You know you eat too many eggs. You shouldn't have more than four in a WEEK." It wasn't so long ago that I would have agreed with her.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

musajen, I just winged the recipe. Saute some chopped onion in coconut oil, add chopped ginger-garlic (about 1 T), chili/jalapeno (optional), chopped tomato (optional), veggies of your choice. Fry till veggies are half done. Add turmeric and curry powder. Add about 1/2 can of coconut milk + 1/2 can water (or the entire can if you want it thick). Make slits on the hard boiled eggs and drop them into the curry, sprinkle a dash of garam masala or cinnamon-clove powder. Cook till veggies are done. Add some finely chopped cilantro as garnish.

Comment

Another one last night. I was round at my friend's flat, and his flatmate (who was significantly overweight) was having his dinner: pizza, with a side of dough balls (yes, little balls of bread!) with garlic butter dip. He made a joke about how it's the "unhealthiest dip possible". Eating a pizza along with balls of white flour, and worrying about a bit of butter? Don't mean to be harsh, but no wonder he's overweight...

Comment

Okay, so on Saturday afternoon my husband & I watch the documentary "King Corn", where we learn we are all made of corn, our diet soo manipulated and our minds brainwashed by the industry. Yeah yeah yeah. So afterwards we head to the grocery store to pick up some fresh veggies for dinner. While I am choosing an organic lettuce, I hear a mother telling her young son to get a clove of garlic. "Here Mom, it's an organic one!" She yells "we don't want an organic one!" "Why not?" he asks bewildered. "Because it's too expensive! Now put it back!" (Never did see her actually compare the price.) Then a moment later this comes off her lips - "Okay, boys, the only thing we need to buy now is the corn chips! Let's go find them! Wow. It's true. King Corn! lol

Comment

My CW Moment: I have been trying to lose 30lbs for a few years now (was vegetarian before, mostly to lose weight was a lot of starving, skipping meals, eating tiny portions of rice, potatoes, bread, cereals...and not much else) and finally decided to eat meat again (after reading Real Food: What to Eat and Why).

I comments to my mom that I was trying to lose some weight and she said I need to not eat so much pasta, but have cereal for breakfast (and even the sugary ones as a dessert because it "would be healthier than eating real dessert).

Lately I've been eating pork, veggies with butter, eggs fried in coconut oil...etc and she says I've going to givemyself a heartattack. Like if i have bacon and eggs for breakfast she jokes "watching you eat that is giving ME chest pains..."

On the plus side, we both love raw milk and steak (I just feel way less guilty about the steak and milk fat,lol).

Comment

The REALLY scary one is the people (usually nondiabetic, sometimes Type 1s on insulin) who post on diabetic newsgroups and forums pushing low fat high carb diets. When one leaves three more arrive, I'm certain they travel in gangs led by dieticians

Comment

Trinkwasser - YES! I don't understand this. I saw a post yesterday on a fitness forum regarding proper diabetic diets suggesting a disgusting amount of grains and carbohydrate as a "healthy" meal plan. Disappointing.

Comment

Trinkwasser, that is so funny!

"Yes, let's do more of what made us sick in the first place! Surely I will get better."

Comment

Huh, I had to laugh out loud when I read a post about rinsing ground beef. I'm the one who used to do that! To ad insult to the injury, that was a grass-fed ground beef from a local farm!!! Oh, how conscious I am now of those precious fat drippings

Comment

I was so conflicted before PB. I knew healthy, saturated fats were good for you, but because of my cardio-bunny/ weight-lifting/ personal trainer buddies from my last forum, I was brainwashed into the low fat, low calorie thing.

I couldn't figure out HOW to be healthy AND lose weight. The two just NEVER seemed to 'gel' together. I knew there had to be a solution!

Comment

I find my family members criticizing my egg consumption (6 to 10 a day) as they down various unrefined grains and sugary snacks.

My dear mother will sneak hoho's and tell me, at the same time in the kitchen, she is concerned for my cholesterol.

My heart goes out to individuals who are improving their lives drastically, but whose families are slipping away.

Comment

a couple of days ago i was out for dinner w hubby. So i was ordering a nice steak and a side dish of grilled mushrooms and a tomato-onion sidesalad. So i make my order and the waiter asks if i want frenchfries with that- my answer is no potatoes pls. But he continues suggesting different potatoe options- baked potatoes? boiled potatoes? mashed potatoes? potatosalad? and to each i patiently reply - no potatoes pls. So finally he saYs: "ok i understand. U want rice. Why cant u just say so!!" N i very patiently anwer :" no thank u, i just take what i ordered". So the waiter leaves quite pissed off...n my hubby cant stop laughing

challenge yourself
                                i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X