Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Oh, good. Now we can have people with half-digested pizza crusts flying out of their asses.
    I had a long car ride yesterday which gave me the opportunity to think....If you took both metformin and alli at the same time could you get the whole pizza to pass through undigested?
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

• Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman
      Oh, good. Now we can have people with half-digested pizza crusts flying out of their asses.

Originally posted by runnergal View Post
      I had a long car ride yesterday which gave me the opportunity to think....If you took both metformin and alli at the same time could you get the whole pizza to pass through undigested?
      BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! +56984320000000!

Comment

• My mom argued with me about eating only meat (with rare exceptions) after we had just talked about how your body can syntesize sugars but not fats or proteins. It took eating a soggy salad and overcooked broccoli to shut her up.
        Of course, she trains paramedics and was halfway through becoming a doctor before she had me, so she'll obviously support CW.
        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seaglassgreen View Post
          My bf's dad: you aren't eating any grains or sugar? You can't have any toast with your eggs and bacon? What a shame, what a shame...
          That would have gotten a genuine gut-laugh from me. I couldn't even be mildly miffed.

Originally posted by runnergal View Post
          Yeah that's pretty gross right there.
          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
            I miss the PB&J sandwiches Mom made for us: she'd toast and butter (well, margarine) the bread, then slather one piece with honey peanut butter and slather the other piece with strawberry jelly or jam. I've tried making it with oopsie rolls but you just can't get that toast crispness with an oopsie roll and the honey was crucial to the flavor.
            Did anyone else's mom do breakfast sandwiches? Buttered toast with scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, salsa, and cheese inside? God I loved those.
            Poached egg on toast... I miss it.
            In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Does this count as a funny CW moment?

I found it via the Primal Wisdom blog - a reporter following the dietary recommendations of Tracy Anderson and Gwyneth Paltrow (brilliant, superb idea) and reporting,
              "Well, I'm no Gwynnie but since January I have lost a stone in weight and dropped from dress size 12 to 10. I am happier with my body than I have been for a long time.
              "Those are the positives.

"On the downside I feel woozy and find it difficult to concentrate. At first I had loads of energy but now I'm always tired and am told I'm horribly grouchy to boot.

"My skin is terrible and my nails are flaking and weak. And - how can I put this - my system has become, shall we say, somewhat sluggish. Normally I'm as regular as clockwork. Not any more."
              So she's malnourished, exhausted, depressed, constipated and looks ill. And she's 'happier with her body than she's been in a long time' because she's thinner.

Is anyone else having a WTF? moment?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hilary View Post
                Does this count as a funny CW moment?

I found it via the Primal Wisdom blog - a reporter following the dietary recommendations of Tracy Anderson and Gwyneth Paltrow (brilliant, superb idea) and reporting,

So she's malnourished, exhausted, depressed, constipated and looks ill. And she's 'happier with her body than she's been in a long time' because she's thinner.

Is anyone else having a WTF? moment?
                She referred to someone as "Gwynnie" that says all I need to know about her judgement. WTF indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                  Poached egg on toast... I miss it.
                  Riv's angry bread works pretty well......
                  MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

• Has anyone seen those new commercials for General Mills cereals?

"The average American only gets half of the recommended servings of whole grains per day! All of General Mills cereals are a healthy and great tasting way to get the whole grains you need..."

All I could do was gape at the audacity, and scream at the TV that no one needs grains...

Then wonder if there were more primal folk out there than we thought?

Comment

• lolz@the 'gwynnie' post. Holy cow.

My daughter a while back had the nerve to pipe up in (health or food tech(cooking) class, i can't remember which) about how her mum said some fats were good for you and grains weren't, and the teacher aparrently replied "yeah I know, but I'm not allowed to teach that". Which is more sad than funny, really.
                      If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Comment

• My funny CW moment of the day:

"Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Are those the sketchers Shape-ups? Ugh, I have a friend raving on FB about how fabulous they are. I wish I had some VFF' s so I can rave about those instead
                          Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• Not only do those shoe look stupid, the people I've seen wearing them clomp in them and look like they're not comfortable wearing them.

Comment

• Two minutes ago in the break room.

I could only shake my head at two different co-workers in the break room as I rinsed out my lunch containers that just recently had chicken cooked in bacon grease on top of a spinach salad with avacado and tomato.

One was heating up his spaghetti and the other was complaining that his french fries were cold. Worried about heating up his lettuce in the microwave that was on his burger, he took it off and said, "I know this will give me a heart attack, but it was only 5 bucks with a drink!" I didn't feel like trying to explain to him that he was right because everything about the meal was wrong, especially the diet soda and the giant hamburger bun.

Comment

• Not so much funny as sad, but I was at my parent's house the other night, and they had several breakfast cereals out. Among those was a real gem...Fruit loops...with SPRINKLES. But at least now they are made with whole grains, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X