Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Another classic from my diabetic facebook friend I quoted about previously.

"Checked my sugars before dinner and was over the moon to see it down to 6.8, with 6.5 being the target, a big drop from 19! Went to McDonalds to celebrate."

She's put in some good work getting her sugar levels down, but for the love of God!?
    some levels of dumb surpass words
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• Okay so this isn't really a CW moment, just me being a snarky biotch and it turning out hilarious
      Had a potluck at work, a vegetarian attended, brought hummus(of course). Looked at me with an evil eye when I busted out my sausage balls, and then proceeded to eat her hummus and not say a peep or smile for the rest of the party. So of course, I get on Facebook and bitch about it, saying "nothing brings down a party like a surly vegetarian"
      My friends appreciate this, replying with silly things like how vegetarianism is murder and that carrots have feelings too.
      Then, some girl i barely know posts this thing from PETA about how the meat industry is sick, and an article about how meat causes colon cancer.

Now usually I'm the type of person that will just take this in stride and not worry about it. But what she posted was actually pretty vulgar, showing pictures of dead , rotting cows and talking about how meat workers violate cows and pigs with broomsticks and rip out their hearts with their fists etc. etc.
      So I found an abstract that disproved her "meat causes colon cancer" article and she just went off about how we're killing the planet with our terrible murdery habits and while i was thinking about what to post to disprove her ridiculousness......
      My sister posts: Well I guess Maureen had it right in the first place.
      Nothing ruins a good time like a surly vegetarian.

That shut her up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
        Okay so this isn't really a CW moment, just me being a snarky biotch and it turning out hilarious
        Had a potluck at work, a vegetarian attended, brought hummus(of course). Looked at me with an evil eye when I busted out my sausage balls, and then proceeded to eat her hummus and not say a peep or smile for the rest of the party. So of course, I get on Facebook and bitch about it, saying "nothing brings down a party like a surly vegetarian"
        My friends appreciate this, replying with silly things like how vegetarianism is murder and that carrots have feelings too.
        Then, some girl i barely know posts this thing from PETA about how the meat industry is sick, and an article about how meat causes colon cancer.

Now usually I'm the type of person that will just take this in stride and not worry about it. But what she posted was actually pretty vulgar, showing pictures of dead , rotting cows and talking about how meat workers violate cows and pigs with broomsticks and rip out their hearts with their fists etc. etc.
        So I found an abstract that disproved her "meat causes colon cancer" article and she just went off about how we're killing the planet with our terrible murdery habits and while i was thinking about what to post to disprove her ridiculousness......
        My sister posts: Well I guess Maureen had it right in the first place.

That shut her up.
        "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by maureen m View Post
          now usually i'm the type of person that will just take this in stride and not worry about it. But what she posted was actually pretty vulgar, showing pictures of dead , rotting cows and talking about how meat workers violate cows and pigs with broomsticks and rip out their hearts with their fists etc. Etc.
          So i found an abstract that disproved her "meat causes colon cancer" article and she just went off about how we're killing the planet with our terrible murdery habits and while i was thinking about what to post to disprove her ridiculousness......
          My sister posts: Well i guess maureen had it right in the first place.

That shut her up.
          pwnd!
          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Oh god that was so funny jesus
            Make America Great Again

Comment

• Travelling with some family friends.

We had discussed getting some Cinnabons in the morning as we checked into the hotel, because there was a DRIVE-THRU Cinnabon place (I have never seen such a thing!). When we talked in the morning the lady very proudly told me, 'I don't need a Cinnabon. I was thinking about putting all that sugar into my system first thing, and figured I should get something healthy, first, to balance it. Then, by the time I finished my bowl of cereal, I didn't even want it.'

I refrained from checking the sugar content of the cereal.

(Oh, and I didn't have a Cinnabon, either. In case you were wondering: sausage patty, cheese, and greens.)

Comment

• What CW thinks about paleo/primal...

I mentioned in passing to one of my coworkers that I try to eat mostly primal/paleo. A few days later we're both in the breakroom, and I say something like "what's for lunch? looks good!", he says "oh, not something you'd probably like, it's mostly veggies".

Why do people think paleo/primal = eat only meat?!

Comment

• Mother in law last night told me 'that caveman diet' can give you diabetes you know...

I was pretty gobsmacked

Comment

• [QUOTE=abbyful;1075513

Why do people think paleo/primal = eat only meat?![/QUOTE]

I have no idea! It's like they don't see the massive pile of veg next to the meat!

Comment

• Originally posted by abbyful View Post
                      Why do people think paleo/primal = eat only meat?!
                      Oh man, that reminds me of that gif on the "what we should call paleo" tumblr with Atkins. I'd link you to it, but I am currently blocked from that website
                      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                        Oh man, that reminds me of that gif on the "what we should call paleo" tumblr with Atkins. I'd link you to it, but I am currently blocked from that website
                        What Should We Call Paleo Life | When I meet someone doing Atkins
                        Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Why, thank you
                          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• My Sister just PM'd me on Fb with this panicky idea that being on the paleo diet will leach the calcium out of my bones and I could have osteoporosis even now. She capitalized the phrase " YOU HAVE TO GET A BONE DENSITY TEST NOW!!!!!! Apparently meat eating leaches Calcium and flushes out my bum and eating veggies leaches calcium and I pee it out. sigh......

It is all over the net, Google says so she said. I am just looking out for you she said...

If meat and veggies both leech calcium how do you think ancient man got his calcium I says. They had to take supplements she says .

My sister is proof that knowledge is dangerous and a little knowledge is even worse.
                            Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

• An hour ago at the market overheard a lady on her phone while I putting together a salad at the salad bar next to her: "Okay I'm getting that now... wait is couscous a pasta or a grain?"
                              ~All luck is earned in the end.~

Comment

• Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                                My Sister just PM'd me on Fb with this panicky idea that being on the paleo diet will leach the calcium out of my bones and I could have osteoporosis even now. She capitalized the phrase " YOU HAVE TO GET A BONE DENSITY TEST NOW!!!!!! Apparently meat eating leaches Calcium and flushes out my bum and eating veggies leaches calcium and I pee it out. sigh......

It is all over the net, Google says so she said. I am just looking out for you she said...

If meat and veggies both leech calcium how do you think ancient man got his calcium I says. They had to take supplements she says .

My sister is proof that knowledge is dangerous and a little knowledge is even worse.
                                I remember having this exact conversation with my SO and one of her friends. They were talking about how eating a lot of meat (or animal protein) is shown to leech calcium from bones, particularly in women, and particularly in women past menopause. The thing is, they got it from some vegetarian book, without even looking at the science/study behind it. The best part is when they know it's a "vegetarian book and is biased" yet still quote it and use it as a reason to not eat meat. I asked them if they looked up the studies the book pulls from to see what is ACTUALLY being shown by the study and the answer is 'No.'

It always amazes me that people will take the bias over the truth so that they don't have to change a thing, or that they feel better about their choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X