Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vtphoenix View Post
    Stabbing something is just soooo much easier.
    F that. I hate using forks; those suckers make eating a lot harder. I'd rather choose to pick up my 12oz steak with chopsticks or using my hands. And don't get me started on how hard it is to pick up stuff with a fork when there are tiny pieces of stuff or things that go flat, like salad leaves. How the heck do you pick up small leftover items on your plate too?
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• I use my knife to push the smaller bits onto my fork. I've never managed to get chopsticks coordinated enough to eat with. If I have chopsticks and no fork, I just stare sadly at my plate until someone takes pity on me and gives me a fork.
      Height: 5'7"
      SW: 178.0 (1/1/2013)
      CW: 163.2
      GW: I'll know when I get there!

My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by lpeppersauce View Post
        I use my knife to push the smaller bits onto my fork. I've never managed to get chopsticks coordinated enough to eat with. If I have chopsticks and no fork, I just stare sadly at my plate until someone takes pity on me and gives me a fork.
        Whatever happened to the finger-food rule? If people don't provide suitable cultery, ANYTHING becomes finger-food. No spoon for soup? Sip out the bowl. No fork for rice? Take pinchfuls. Can't use chopsticks on sushi? Finger-and-thumb. No knife for steak? Picking it up and biting it carefully is actually MUCH tidier than stabbing it with a fork and raising it to your mouth.

I'm terrible.
        --
        Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
        I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
        I'd apologize, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kochin View Post
          Whatever happened to the finger-food rule? If people don't provide suitable cultery, ANYTHING becomes finger-food. No spoon for soup? Sip out the bowl. No fork for rice? Take pinchfuls. Can't use chopsticks on sushi? Finger-and-thumb. No knife for steak? Picking it up and biting it carefully is actually MUCH tidier than stabbing it with a fork and raising it to your mouth.

I'm terrible.
          <3
          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Monster noises while eating meat off the bone is mandatory too.
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
              Monster noises while eating meat off the bone is mandatory too.
              Rawr! *holding bone between my teeth and knawing on it, hands-free to pick up the second pork chop* Grrrrrrrrrr...

--
              Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
              I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
              I'd apologize, but...

Comment

• Is this a CW moment? Hard to know what to call it. My 91-year old friend (diabetic, high cholesterol, never had a heart attack or angina) is on a statin, and just received a warm invitation in the mail to join a medical trial for a new cholesterol-lowering drug. No, she wasn't interested. But seriously, do they regularly invite people her age to join drug trials??

Comment

• I had someone at the grocery store offer me the Sunday paper for the coupons, for a delivery fee. I told them "unless coupons for fresh meat and veggies start getting coupons, I don't use coupons. Matter of fact, I don't read the paper. I get my news online and check my circulars at store websites." The guy looked gobsmacked.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• My supervisor who is a breast cancer survivor watched me warm up my lunch in a plastic container one day. She told me she had read a book about beating cancer and one of the recommendations was to avoid heating in plastic containers because they get slices and leak the chemicals in your food. I know this and was a little embarrassed at having done so, which I said to her. But then I looked at the weight watchers microwave meal she was eating all warmed up in its nice little black plastic container. I couldn't help but ask about that. "Oh it is fine. These don't have holes or rips in them.", she says. Never mind all the chemicals that are in the food itself! Facepalm.
                    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                    height 5'3
                    SW 215 lbs
                    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                    LW 172 lbs
                    GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                      I had someone at the grocery store offer me the Sunday paper for the coupons, for a delivery fee. I told them "unless coupons for fresh meat and veggies start getting coupons, I don't use coupons. Matter of fact, I don't read the paper. I get my news online and check my circulars at store websites." The guy looked gobsmacked.
                      i essentially said the same thing a decade ago... your guy has no excuse
                      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• The other day I watched a pair of apparently healthy looking little girls obviously coming from a dance class, approximately 6 and 7 years old, request "lite" vanilla ice cream.
                        Their brother's wanted some regular fat flavor with stuff in it.
                        The mother purchased separate containers for the boys and girls. Lite for girls, regular for boys... the girls were praised.

*sigh*

I made a comment on how sad that was and my husband said "Well, they don't really know the difference. "
                        I said, "No, they DO, that is the problem..."
                        Last edited by cori93437; 01-20-2013, 04:53 PM.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Cori that is just sad. I hate to think of girls that young doing that, and the mother letting them! That should have been a "teachable" moment where the necessity of fat was explained. Kids need fat for brain development.
                          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                            Cori that is just sad. I hate to think of girls that young doing that, and the mother letting them! That should have been a "teachable" moment where the necessity of fat was explained. Kids need fat for brain development.
                            Most parents are programmed (just like we were) to behave like fat is the devil. Unfortunately they are not aware and lack the inspiration to actually find out the truth.
                            Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                              Cori that is just sad. I hate to think of girls that young doing that, and the mother letting them! That should have been a "teachable" moment where the necessity of fat was explained. Kids need fat for brain development.
                              Im more irritated by the double-standards for the two genders of the kids. I mean, 99% chance the parents believe that fat is fattening, so by encouraging their daughters to get the "non-fattening" food and letting the boys get the "fattening" stuff, theyre basically reinforcing BS gender-biased cultural body messages that women need to always be skinny and always micromanage their food to be so, etc etc etc.
                              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Im more irritated by the double-standards for the two genders of the kids. I mean, 99% chance the parents believe that fat is fattening, so by encouraging their daughters to get the "non-fattening" food and letting the boys get the "fattening" stuff, theyre basically reinforcing BS gender-biased cultural body messages that women need to always be skinny and always micromanage their food to be so, etc etc etc.
                                Yup.... it's pretty obvious here that men overeat because they are hungry or clueless. I don't think I ever saw a man post "guilt" over an inability to not give up on fruit, or talking about how they deal with a bad day with sugar. Women end up with this whole burden of "she who can follow the hardest diet and make the most dietary sacrifices wins". What you eat (or don't) somehow defines part of your worth. Those girls are being indoctrinated into the world of an inability to enjoy food. Very sad.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Working...
                                X