No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't just eat less, because you have irrational physical urges to eat and eat and eat. It's a sign of a nutritional deficiency and physiological balance, but docs tell you it's all psychological and just to "buck up" and eat less. Having battled binge eating disorder for over a decade, even for three years eating primally, I now know how to turn the cravings on and off by what & when I eat. Eat that way, no cravings. Eat like most of the rest of y'all, cravings 24/7.

But 99.99% of those with irrational cravings will never find that magic switch; they'll just continue to be bombarded by so many, and so instense, cravings that their will power has no chance to succeed.

That's why you can't just eat less.

I had many binges where I groaned to my husband I wanted nothing more than a stomach pump. I hope people don't find out about this. Better to binge than to go that way, IMO.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Why not just...eat less????
      Mama Grok, you are spot on. You can't just eat less.

If you have never just binged for no reason, I think it is hard to understand the mentaility that makes people so desperate to lose weight. For me, it is the grain/sugar combo that just use to set off crazy sugar binges. And, you bet, I could eat less (nutritious food) very easily, but always would snap and binge on sugar.

It's a crazy addiction because you "have to eat" and have no idea that the reason you eat is because a few foods trigger this out of control response. You have NO IDEA that the healthy bagel caused the bag of snickers to be eaten. Until you start choosing the "unhealthy" eggs and realize all the sudden, you don't overeat!

So you have no tools, just a doctor telling you to "eat less" of what is essentially your crack, and eventually you are willing to damage yourself to stop. Thank god for primal/paleo for some of us.

I will tell you, I am one determined little bitch when I need to be. I ground out a marathon. I quit smoking. I have a lot of discipline. I could NEVER "just eat less" when grains and sugar were part of my diet, no matter how hard I tried.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
        You have NO IDEA that the healthy bagel caused the bag of snickers to be eaten. Until you start choosing the "unhealthy" eggs and realize all the sudden, you don't overeat!

So you have no tools, just a doctor telling you to "eat less" of what is essentially your crack, and eventually you are willing to damage yourself to stop.
        Truer words have never been spoken. I was amazed at how my cravings went from 100% to 10% when I dropped grains. It took me years to realize that I only binged on foods that contained grain & sugar, then more years to realize that if I dropped the grains (which I could), the sugar urges would be so much more manageable, then more years to realize that lots of breakfast protein would make the binges a month or more between, then more years to realize that massive breakfast protein would end them altogether, so long as I stay away from the grains and any sweets, and eat tons of protein in the morning.

Yeah, cravings are biochemical. No doubt about it. Mine have an on/off switch, and it saved my life to learn that.

I only hope that we can end the idea (that I myself once held) that fat people are fat (and bingers binge) b/c they're just gluttons with no self-control. ARe some? Probably. Are most? I seriously doubt it.
        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Saw this tonight.

Thought for Food - Wheat Addictions - The Colbert Report - 2013-09-01 - Video Clip | Comedy Central
          F|26yr|5'3"
          1st Start: 8.25.12
          SW: 151 CW: 147 GW: -150
          HW: 195

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
            Truer words have never been spoken. I was amazed at how my cravings went from 100% to 10% when I dropped grains. It took me years to realize that I only binged on foods that contained grain & sugar, then more years to realize that if I dropped the grains (which I could), the sugar urges would be so much more manageable, then more years to realize that lots of breakfast protein would make the binges a month or more between, then more years to realize that massive breakfast protein would end them altogether, so long as I stay away from the grains and any sweets, and eat tons of protein in the morning.

Yeah, cravings are biochemical. No doubt about it. Mine have an on/off switch, and it saved my life to learn that.

I only hope that we can end the idea (that I myself once held) that fat people are fat (and bingers binge) b/c they're just gluttons with no self-control. ARe some? Probably. Are most? I seriously doubt it.
            Good point there. I made it to 252lb through laziness and eating crap like oreo's, pizza's, kebabs etc, no self control. Then I made it to 210lb when I added some exercise and ate a little better, but still mostly crap. Only this time the crap was the grains and sugar doing the damage. I was training my ass off and going nowhere. After going paleo, here I am at 182lb, feeling and looking great. I am still that person with no self control sometimes, but it only happens if I go off track and eat something sweet. If I'm strict paleo, I have no problems saying no.
            Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

• Oh yeah....

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
              Mama Grok, you are spot on. You can't just eat less.
              I could NEVER "just eat less" when grains and sugar were part of my diet, no matter how hard I tried.
              This "Aspire Assist" thing makes me think of history. We visited Pompeii a few years ago and they had vomitoriums. They would gorge and gorge and gorge and vomit it up so they could do it again later.

We have seen the enemy and he is us.
              The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
              Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
              Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Yeah, I'll have to finish this thread later... I can't stop watching the gifs!

Comment

• Not to bring the tone down but my father may very well lose his foot following shit advice like that. I will be glad to contribute to the conversation

Originally posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
                  Ongoing conversation on my facebook between a friend and her friends.

Anybody give me suggestions for low/carb/low fat meals please.

Response 1: Stir fry's are low fat an dlow carb. BUng in some Chinese noodles (this is me laughing now) to bulk it up and the blue dragon sauces are all low.

Response 2 (me): Good fat won't harm you at all.

Response 3: You need to be carefula bout taking carbs out of your diet cause it will effect your diabetes. I strongly suggest you take a more professional approach and guidance to a diet.

Response 4: Lettuce, lettuce and more lettuce. I'm back on my losing weight programme which consists of being miserable and eating rabbit food. Though I do feel better after losing it.

Sooooo, who wants to go first?
                  You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                  height 5'3
                  SW 215 lbs
                  CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                  LW 172 lbs
                  GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by sires6 View Post
                    This "Aspire Assist" thing makes me think of history. We visited Pompeii a few years ago and they had vomitoriums. They would gorge and gorge and gorge and vomit it up so they could do it again later.

We have seen the enemy and he is us.
                    In fairness to the Romans, who weren't above an emetic purge, the vomitorium thing is a myth. Vomitoria did exist, but it's a word for the exits from a stadium or theater, ejecting the crowds onto the street. The idea that they had special room s for the purpose of throwing up is nonsense.

What Roman recipes we have often aren't actually too bad - obviously no sugar, little flour. They can be a bit fond of chickpeas so skip those ones. Substitute Thai fish sauce for the liquamen.

Antique Roman Dishes - Collection

Roman recipes from Apicius

Comment

• Originally posted by cypselos View Post
                      In fairness to the Romans, who weren't above an emetic purge, the vomitorium thing is a myth. Vomitoria did exist, but it's a word for the exits from a stadium or theater, ejecting the crowds onto the street. The idea that they had special room s for the purpose of throwing up is nonsense.

What Roman recipes we have often aren't actually too bad - obviously no sugar, little flour. They can be a bit fond of chickpeas so skip those ones. Substitute Thai fish sauce for the liquamen.

Antique Roman Dishes - Collection

Roman recipes from Apicius
                      Not called a vomitorium, my mistake. They however did have rooms with the "accoutrement" in place, basins, wash areas, next to the dining area, separate from the bath. You are correct about the definition of vomitoriums, but I was correct about the usages.

As seen in Pompeii...

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                      Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
                        mmm....would love to have both recipes!
                        Me too!!! I love to experiment the Paleo/Primal way!

Annie Sires

Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Suppose you can't blame the guides at Pompeii for adding a bit of colour to the tour. It's still made up.

Comment

• From my office cafeteria menu for the day:

Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
                            With a Side
                            Made With Cholesterol Free Eggs
                            $4.75

WTF are cholesterol free eggs? Ugg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Karock View Post
                              Not real eggs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Karock View Post
                                From my office cafeteria menu for the day:

Egg whites colored with yellow dye? Sounds yuummmlllyyyyy........

Comment

Working...
                                X