Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Funny as hell but, I've recently lost 17 lbs & 11" (off an already lean body), and someone came into my work and asked me if I'm pregnant (I'm just this side of 50 yrs old). I froze for a second, wondering if they were asking someone else....and then I realized this person was asking ME. I froze -- and then started laughing ---- Are you frick'ing kidding me? My closest friends are whispering in my ear, "don't lose anymore weight" -- and the general public think I'm pregnant! Holy frick'in Hannah --- why is it that everyone and their mother think it's their God-given right to comment on another person's weight? I put it down to the fact that my skin is glowing, my hair is fabulous, and I just look happy, fulfilled, fit and confident. The reality is, I could be a grandmother anytime now! And No, I'm not frick'in Pregnant -- but thanks for thinking that it's any of your damn business.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

    Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Louisa655 View Post
      Funny as hell but, I've recently lost 17 lbs & 11" (off an already lean body), and someone came into my work and asked me if I'm pregnant (I'm just this side of 50 yrs old). I froze for a second, wondering if they were asking someone else....and then I realized this person was asking ME. I froze -- and then started laughing ---- Are you frick'ing kidding me? My closest friends are whispering in my ear, "don't lose anymore weight" -- and the general public think I'm pregnant! Holy frick'in Hannah --- why is it that everyone and their mother think it's their God-given right to comment on another person's weight? I put it down to the fact that my skin is glowing, my hair is fabulous, and I just look happy, fulfilled, fit and confident. The reality is, I could be a grandmother anytime now! And No, I'm not frick'in Pregnant -- but thanks for thinking that it's any of your damn business.
      5'10" and 143lbs and the person thought you were pregnant? WTF did you have pillow under your shirt?
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

      Comment


      • Louisa- a glance at your photos.... wtf? You have a very flat stomach.... how bizarre.Were they joking? Hell you could even pull off one of those empire waist dresses that make me look like I'm carrying triplets....

        http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

        Comment


        • Kind of funny ongoing situation at work - because I don't eat a big breakfast during the work week, I tend to have snacks (veggies), protein shakes and maybe two small lunches.
          I get constant *omg you're eating again* comments from my cooworkers. I'm petite, even more so since PB, and I lift so I'm quite muscular (well I like to think so). I guess they just can't grasp how I can be eating all the time and stay so small.

          heehee, my little secret :P
          The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by seashells View Post
            I think that's my new mantra: "STOP DISRESPECTING MY CHOICES!"
            Get back in the kitchen and stuff your piehole!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Goosejuggler View Post
              Kind of funny ongoing situation at work - because I don't eat a big breakfast during the work week, I tend to have snacks (veggies), protein shakes and maybe two small lunches.
              I get constant *omg you're eating again* comments from my cooworkers. I'm petite, even more so since PB, and I lift so I'm quite muscular (well I like to think so). I guess they just can't grasp how I can be eating all the time and stay so small.

              heehee, my little secret :P
              Coworkers are responsible for some gems eh?

              I may have mentioned this previously, but my favourite to date was when an overweight colleague is eating away at his sammitches, fruit and LOW FAT yoghurts, spots the gigantic portion of food on my plate and asks me how I'm not fat.

              Now, this guy knows exactly how I eat and how often I train. I kind got a bit ragged on that occasion and reminded him that it was down to the content, not the portion that keeps me lean. Then asked him if he thought it was just a fucking FLUKE that I eat that much and don't gain weight!

              Blank stare.

              Even when it's staring them in the face, they cannot grasp the concept.
              Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

              https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

              Comment


              • Originally posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
                Coworkers are responsible for some gems eh?
                Too right. I was just nomming on a large hunk of cucumber

                Coworker - What is that?
                Me - Um, cucumber
                Coworker - I wish I could eat things like that
                Me - .....
                The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Goosejuggler View Post
                  Too right. I was just nomming on a large hunk of cucumber

                  Coworker - What is that?
                  Me - Um, cucumber
                  Coworker - I wish I could eat things like that
                  Me - .....
                  And how many of us were staring at that large green thing in your mouth wondering what the heck is that before coming to the right? Too many... oh too many.

                  I hear people all the time ALL THE TIME saying they couldn't give up bread or OH the latest... well that works for you. Old woman with chronic high blood pressure on statins and telling me she's diabetic but skinny and well she doesn't do sugar... and yet her plate (church breakfast) is piled high with potatoes, pancakes, biscuits smothered in white gravy drinking orange juice.

                  Oh yeah, it works for me all right. Because I gave up all the sugars. Idiot. And she's telling this other lady how wrong I am. I feel sad for her.
                  The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                  Psalms 144:15

                  Annie Sires

                  Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                  Pope John Paul II

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                    I love that popcorn and potato chips are vegetables. I think I can stretch that to include chocolate as a vegetable.
                    Why not?
                    Wine is a vegetable
                    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                    "Moderation sucks." Suse
                    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


                    Winencandy

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                      Why not?
                      Wine is a vegetable
                      I like where your head is at.
                      No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                      -Maimonodies

                      The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

                      Babes with BBQ

                      Comment


                      • Funny line on another board in answer to the question, "What is your opinion of the Paleo Diet?"

                        Answer:


                        Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary.


                        Ha Ha Ha Ha... Paleovangelists... love it!
                        It makes me sad that people are trying hard to do the right thing but failing because they have the wrong information.
                        Without question, bacon is the most interesting meat in the world, and if it were capable of original thought, we wouldn't even be having an election this November in America. We would simply appoint bacon as our forever leader and live dutifully under its rule.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Goosejuggler View Post
                          Too right. I was just nomming on a large hunk of cucumber

                          Coworker - What is that?
                          Me - Um, cucumber
                          Coworker - I wish I could eat things like that
                          Me - .....
                          O_o
                          In what univers... sorry, what diet DOESN'T allow for cucumber? and/or... if you "wish" you could eat something, but can't seem to get your @$$ in gear to do it... maybe you don't really wish you could eat things like that. just sayin'

                          Comment


                          • I work at a Quiznos part time while in school. This place is like grand central station for conventional wisdom. I used to eat it but I found the only way to control the cravings is to just not eat at all. Sometimes co workers ask if I'm gonna make a sandwich and I just say no I don't eat quiznos (i'm the only worker who does this). when they ask why i say because it's not healthy. They again ask why and I don't even bother trying to explain. Like really where would you even start? The BREAD (GRAINS EEEEK) , the dressings with HFCS, the meat that has been processed to all get out, the list goes on and on, and to us groks it is plainly obvious and doesn't even need explaining. So I don't even try.

                            Then here's a specific story that left me scratching my head. One of the guys there who eats it everyday decided to go vegetarian for awhile. He would make only veggie sandwiches and eat the broccoli and cheese soup. He did this for a couple of weeks. Later we were talking and he referenced this period and said "yea I was doing the vegetarian thing for awhile". To make conversation I asked him why. He said that he has had cancer in the past and that red meat was the chief cause of cancer. Now in my head I'm just thinking WTF but I pretend to be ignorant on the subject. I say do you smoke cigarettes and drink ? He says yes and we just laugh. I'm thinking yea the red meat is gonna make your cancer come back but the smoking will have no affect......... I didn't even bother pressing the subject, first of all what he eats is none of my business, and I generally found it's best to not try to explain primal because it simply doesn't work

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by chumbert View Post
                              Funny line on another board in answer to the question, "What is your opinion of the Paleo Diet?"
                              Answer:
                              Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary.


                              Ha Ha Ha Ha... Paleovangelists... love it!
                              I think they are on to something there, Paleovangelist from the First Church of Paleotology! Meet in a cave, bang rocks and sticks for our hymns. Pass around communion that is really blood and flesh. There is money to be made there.
                              Randal
                              AKA: Texas Grok

                              Originally posted by texas.grok
                              Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                              http://hardcoremind.com/

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by chumbert View Post
                                Funny line on another board in answer to the question, "What is your opinion of the Paleo Diet?"

                                Answer:


                                Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary.


                                Ha Ha Ha Ha... Paleovangelists... love it!
                                Oh yeah, that one is going in the signature block!
                                Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
                                Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
                                Starting Energy: "bleh...."
                                Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
                                Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

                                "Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X