Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
    Discussing Paleo on FB tonight and a woman chimes in that cave men did not eat meat, they were Vegetarians till farming came along and taught them how to kill animals......... sigh. ...
    *sigh*

Dear Goddess, this is like those newbie pagans that think that all ancient peoples were peaceful, matriarchal societies that lived in total peace and harmony until testosterone showed up.

Comment

• My mother was cutting some orange slices for my niece, when my brother in law (nieces father) piped up, "She can't have fruit now! The sugars will keep her awake when she's supposed to be napping." He then lectures my mother on the 'dangers of fructose' while feeding his daughter a plate full of his french fries COVERED in ketchup, and a golf ball sized milk chocolate truffle as a reward for using the potty. Apparently the 1 newspaper article he read on Fructose has made him an expert on nutrition and biochemistry.

Face-palm
      "Fact is, we're the freaks, the misfit mutants surrounded by readily-available (and free) information about the evils of fat, the benefits of whole-grains etc. From an evolutionary point of view we're the weirdos with a short-life expectancy or we're trail-blazing a 'new' path." ~ AlanC

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Comment

• So Dr Murray was on my local news station in his Health Factors tidbit..."Without the help of a dietary fibre it is dificult for people to feel satisfied enough to actually limit portion size." So his plan add highly viscous fibre to your diet OR eat meat, veg and lots of healthy fat - Face/Palm
        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
        PS
        Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Originally posted by Laoch View Post
          Have you tasted menstrual blood? Plus, thanks for ruining steak on me!
          My husband said that the comment didn't ruin steak for him, but it made menstrual blood sound much tastier.
          Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Laoch View Post
            Have you tasted menstrual blood?
            You say this like it is a bad thing. And yes, I have earned by Red Wings.

Sorry to contribute to the southbound direction of this tread.
            Randal
            AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
            Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
            http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• As I understand it, menstrual blood was one of the "magical ingredients" used by practitioners of dark magic in days of yore.

Comment

• My eye-roll for the week:

Went to a café for lunch with friends - yay, they have a menu clearly marked with gluten-free meals (as well as dairy-free, vegetarian, etc). The item which caught my eye and was marked as GF was a bacon/vegie frittata with side salad. Sounds good. I order it. It is served to me.

The side salad is a pasta salad.

When I ask the waitress in what parallel universe a pasta salad is considered gluten-free, she just looks at me blankly ...
                I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Sigi View Post

When I ask the waitress in what parallel universe a pasta salad is considered gluten-free, she just looks at me blankly ...
                  you made her think too hard..
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• It could have been corn or rice flour pasta. Gluten free, just not carb free.

But yes you did hurt her brain.
                    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

• I don't know if this is a funny CW moment. My beautiful wife has been PB since September and has lost like 25 pounds and no longer complains all the time about various aches and pains and generally feeling like crap all the time. Anyway she used to be really fat (like 5'2" and over 200lbs.) and has been overweight most of her life. She is now the smallest I have ever seen her (been together for almost 20 years) and I can't stop starring at her with lust. Anyway back to the topic...Her mom is now really nagging her a bunch thinking my wife is "starving" herself. Today my wife felt pretty nauseous for some reason and of course the MIL chimed in with you feel sick cuz you are starving yourself. This is coming from the same lady who still eats sweets like they are the last supper and drinks two things either sweet tea or Coke! I have never seen her drink water EVER in all the years I've been with the wife. She is overweight (but not obese) and refuses to quit smoking. She even was smoking while wearing a nicotine patch! Funny how somebody who is a train wreck health wise trying to tell someone they are living a unhealthy lifestyle. Makes me wanna laugh.
                      All time high weight 262 lbs
                      Primal since Spring 2012
                      Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
                      Current Weight: 220lbs ish
                      Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
                      All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grokdaddy View Post
                        Funny how somebody who is a train wreck health wise trying to tell someone they are living a unhealthy lifestyle. Makes me wanna laugh.
                        This happens to me often (from people who mean a lot to me) and I laugh too, but only to avoid either crying or banging my head against the wall...oh, and to try and avoid saying something mean.
                        I wish I liked to eat liver.

Comment

• I think a lot of people get threatened when they see others improving their health successfully. It's sad but women are very bad about sabotaging other women. I've taken to telling people I have horrible gluten issues because everyone wants to give me cookies and cupcakes.

Keep supporting your wife... because her mom probably won't let up.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                            It's OK, I have a friend who freaked out that her cat was going to get sick as he had licked some raw chicken. I did not realize cats had to cook their mice....
                            It's like vegan cat food...If i tried that with my cat she'd do who knows what as revenge for being so stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                              I think a lot of people get threatened when they see others improving their health successfully. It's sad but women are very bad about sabotaging other women. I've taken to telling people I have horrible gluten issues because everyone wants to give me cookies and cupcakes.

Keep supporting your wife... because her mom probably won't let up.
                              Mag IMO its blatant disrespect when you make it clear you don't want certain things and ppl still push them on you. It's like what you said they seem to want to derail you at all cost. I guess the saying is true misery loves the hell outta some company.
                              All time high weight 262 lbs
                              Primal since Spring 2012
                              Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
                              Current Weight: 220lbs ish
                              Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
                              All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grokdaddy View Post
                                Mag IMO its blatant disrespect when you make it clear you don't want certain things and ppl still push them on you. It's like what you said they seem to want to derail you at all cost. I guess the saying is true misery loves the hell outta some company.
                                I think that's my new mantra: "STOP DISRESPECTING MY CHOICES!"

Comment

Working...
                                X